The Playstation 5 thread

17 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

Yes! Thankfully I didn't go for the bundle on Gamestop. That was such a rip off. 800 bucks. LOL. 

says 1-2 business days shipping. Let's see when they ship it. Highly unlikely that I will get it this week. 

I could have gotten it today using store pick up at Target but didn't want to go to a store. 

Awesome Man, yeah PlayStation direct was easy as long as someone waited in queue patiently... I had the Target one almost purchased but didn't go through, was thinking to have my friend ship it for me :P next trying to get from Dubai this month or next..

18 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

Firstpost, news 18, indian express has been saying this since the beginning. Nothing to back it up

1 hour ago, DarthVader said:

Just wrong information in all probability. Thet just saw '19th Nov rest of the world' and assumed India was included. Video games related reporting is not very good in india.

6 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

LOL! Has he been targeted by trolls or what? why is he so pissed off? 

Anyway, I asked because my brother saw one his media industry friend's IG story with the PS5 in their possession a couple of days ago.. Since the post is not visible now and this is second hand information, I didn't want to put it up here and just asked a question. 

His twitter feed is full of complaints about how people are constantly badgering him for PS5 release date.

And yet he is milking the sh*t out of every minor one liner PS5 news by writing full page articles.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Now whats confusing me is this.
If sony did not wanted to launch it here now why did they release "JUST THE PRICE". Everywhere else they released dates ALONGSIDE the Prices.

I think it was mainly to shut people up. If you remember, people were abusing Sony India at the time. They would have known what price they were charging before-hand. So by releasing that info, they might have hoped people will keep quiet and wait some time.

As for the date, I'm not sure. Sony India is responsible. But, now that I think about it  - what if it truly was not in their hands? They might for example, have some difficulty with govt (delay due to trademark was already there) or what if Sony Global themselves decided not to allocate units for now? Sony India might not have been able to do anything. Or Sony India could also be a**h**** who are delaying purposely. Either way, no way to know for now.

Today marks the launch of the PlayStation 5, shortly after the latest Xbox series. A big day for all gamers alike. Sooner or later, those of us seeking to buy one will get it. In an extraordinarily trying year, let's be thankful for every positive outcome.

And remember, we are all gamers. Let our love of gaming unite us and keep this community strong.

Peace.

• Like 9