The Playstation 5 thread

6 hours ago, VamosReva said:

After ACG on Youtube, this Reddit user reports another bricked PS5.

This is alarming for me as i was planning to get my PS5 from Dubai next month but i might have to wait for the official release now. Xbox SX will be official so don''t really care if issues arise.

Edited by speeddemon

Sony attributes much of its success over the last console generation to the popularity of its exclusive game franchises, including stalwarts like God of War (more than 51 million copies sold) and newcomers like Ghost of Tsushima, with more than five million copies sold since its debut in July.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/11/technology/sony-playstation-5-ps5.html

Ghost of tsushima over 5 million

God of war over 20 million. 

?

8 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

Warranty is going to be very important for those who buy at launch.. don’t buy without it 

Yup. No matter how compelling the grey market prices might be, waiting to buy officially is worth it. 

32 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

This guy on Twitter is everywhere. 

Spams every tweet asking for PS5 release date.. and finally got a reply from yoshida himself. ?

Yeah, simply copy pasting the same thing in every 'PS5' tweet, annoying.

Yoshida probably typed that proceeded to drink that sake he had mentioned :rofl: 

10 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Awesome Man, yeah PlayStation direct was easy as long as someone waited in queue patiently... I had the Target one almost purchased but didn't go through, was thinking to have my friend ship it for me :P next trying to get from Dubai this month or next..

I don't know for what reason, but I didn't have the queue from the bookmark I had for the product page. I think that queue might be put up when people opened up links with query parameters for the referral of the person who posted a tweet or a post somewhere.

I even tested this a bit. I opened the link from Wario64 and got the queue page, removed the query parameters and the product page opened up straight away. 
I didn't check the network logs on the browser and didn't test a lot though. 

10 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

not happening for me. (desktop chrome)

It's not happening on the post that shows up in his first post for some reason. It does happen on the one that has the caption, "...Play! #PS5" 

Doesn't happen on the ones that say Ready and Set.

6 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

His twitter feed is full of complaints about how people are constantly badgering him for PS5 release date.

And yet he is milking the sh*t out of every minor one liner PS5 news by writing full page articles.

I guess he has not yet adjusted to the online trolling. He should not be engaging with trolls. Since gaming journalism is his paid profession, I can imagine sometimes, he has to work with what he has. Finally, should not be calling names or abusing someone personally. 

2 hours ago, piper said:

"Expected delivery: Today by end of day"

:wOOtjumpy:

Wowowow! That is awesome! :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, piper said:

Delivered!!! :wub:

(Gotta put kid for a nap, finish work meetings, then get to it). Responsibilities, amirite.

Any pertinent questions, folks?

The shiny black plastic is a fingerprint magnet? 

10 minutes ago, piper said:

Delivered!!! :wub:

(Gotta put kid for a nap, finish work meetings, then get to it). Responsibilities, amirite.

Any pertinent questions, folks?

Does it float in water?

:notangel:

on a serious note, tell us about the time needed to setup and how efficient is PS4 to PS5 game transfer over lan.