The Playstation 5 thread

10 hours ago, piper said:

When I began gaming, means were less but time was plenty. Now it's the other way around - I can afford to buy a console day 1 but not the time it deserves.

I think its like that for most of the 'Senior' folks here including myself :lol:

• Like 2

Just now, playstationdude said:

Yeah same. Had to collect pocket money and all birthday/diwali /dussehra /holi money from relatives and parents for 2 years before I could buy a ps2 and then same for ps3. 

My Dad always had one condition. Get good grades and you get the console. I owe it to gaming for lot of my grades :lol:

After I got a job the first 5 years were gaming nirvana. Now with a family of my own, I am lucky to play couple of hours a week.

I’m not quite there with family but my time gaming has also drastically reduced since I started working... that’s why I just don’t get games like assassins creed... I even disliked RDR2... I mean I don’t have the time to walk around with the horse from one place to another shoot people and then do the same thing over and over again

51 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah it was some $850 with shipping and customs.

Not a bad deal at all considering scalpers are selling it for a minimum $1000 in the US but I doubt we can secure a deal from Amazon US.. it’s selling out in seconds.. Walmart was such a blow up yesterday.. I am just having fun seeing those streams..

The last few years I’ve used my PS4 to watch Netflix more than play games.

And I was the same guy in 2015 who painstakingly saved money to build a PC and logged 200 hrs in The Witcher. Cut to 2019 and its the first year I haven’t played a single game. Only returned this year to the PS4 for TLOU2 and excess free time. 

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Ask @piper to add your account to his PS5, redeem the offer and then delete the account. Free games on your PS4 :P

:DYeah, that would be the last resort...if we don't get the PS5 in time here in India

Is there any time period, in which we could redeem those games?