The Playstation 5 thread

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Lol how is a PS4 Pro 52 Gb game DLC or an expansion ?? I guess PS5 size must be even more.. 

Insomniac themselves called it a standalone expansion. The size is about the same on both, probably has same quality assets just running at higher res and more effects, RT etc on PS5.

The IVG community is awesome. Love you guys.

As we all know PS5 is a no show in India, until further communication from Sony India but luckily I was able to redeem all the 20 games from PS Plus collection on Piper's PS5, which made them available on my PS4 Pro :dance:
Thanks a lot @piper for honoring my request.:kisstogether:
@CarbonCore Thanks for suggesting the idea couple of pages back. :hug:

Edited by Animus
  • Like 6

Looks like they are used to listening to stereo audio at max volume while playing MP games. I played Gears 5 using Dolby Atmos and it was crystal clear sound with great clarity. You could easily pin point from where the sound is coming from. Not everyone has same quality of hearing. 

56 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Looks like they are used to listening to stereo audio at max volume while playing MP games. I played Gears 5 using Dolby Atmos and it was crystal clear sound with great clarity. You could easily pin point from where the sound is coming from. Not everyone has same quality of hearing. 

50 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The controller plug is not very good at driving high impedance cans. If you connect HD598 or DT770 its going to sound muffled.

The controller may not be able to drive them well, but I doubt it'd make the sound muffled. From my experience, connecting high impedance headphones to PS4/PS5 controllers will mostly lead to low volume output in which case you have to either rely on USB audio(if supported by the console) or Optical output(which is missing in both the next-gen consoles).

As for the PS5's 3D Audio itself - I have tried similar solutions both hardware and software based with several headphones ranging from ~1K to ~20K and they all sound poor so I naturally trust those Era/Twitter users - I am little disappointed that even Sony who are well known for taking the audio business seriously came with poor results. Maybe they'll improve it. I am still looking forward to their 3D Audio for TV tech though.

Edited by The Panda

Send your ear's pic to Cerny as he had mentioned in his talk. Maybe they were really serious with custom profile for everyone. I had no problem with audio quality or loudness with my PS4 Gold headsets with Dolby Atmos on my pc or on Xbox. They sound great.

8 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Send your ear's pic to Cerny as he had mentioned in his talk. Maybe they were really serious with custom profile for everyone. I had no problem with audio quality or loudness with my PS4 Gold headsets with Dolby Atmos on my pc or on Xbox. They sound great.

It's not just me though. A lot of users found Dolby Atmos and now even PS5's 3D audio muffled. Plus the PS4 Gold headsets must be easy to drive. So obviously the volume should be loud.

Edited by The Panda

Just now, Big Boss said:

If you have one of the Sony headphones you can actually send your ear photo via the phone app and they'll send you the custom profile.