The Playstation 5 thread

One of my friends is getting PS5 in UK. I am planning to purchase a digital copy of AC Valhalla in PS4 and planning to share my account with him. Can we both be able to play the same game at two different generation of console? 

3 minutes ago, SD_2007 said:

One of my friends is getting PS5 in UK. I am planning to purchase a digital copy of AC Valhalla in PS4 and planning to share my account with him. Can we both be able to play the same game at two different generation of console? 

Yes..

As long as you are doing that already on PS4 even PS5 should work, some of the guys here redeemed their PS plus collection for PS4 on a friends PS5 now the PS5 friend gets to keep them and all the game the PS4 user had as long as PS4 users account is marked as Primary equivalent on the PS5

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Like 1

There are a couple of really neat settings:

1. You can set your default game preferences for difficulty and a bunch of other stuff to override the game's default setting. For example, if you generally play at the harder difficulty, you won't have to pick it in the game, it should be pre-selected. (games would probably have to support this) 

2. Once you attach an external hard drive, it'll enable install all ps4 games to it by default but this can be changed. 

And a real stupid thing n I hope they fix it. 

I have SackBoy ps4 disc and to play on PS5 I need to keep the disc in. Most of the times when I turn on the PS5, it starts installing/copying the game file over for the ps4 version of the game. 

Yes..

As long as you are doing that already on PS4 even PS5 should work, some of the guys here redeemed their PS plus collection for PS4 on a friends PS5 now the PS5 friend gets to keep them and all the game the PS4 user had as long as PS4 users account is marked as Primary equivalent on the PS5
That'd be me. The option is called Console sharing on PS5. And it doesn't affect Primary PS4 option here.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, SD_2007 said:

AC: Valhalla is cross-buy. So if you buy PS4 version, you will get PS5 version for free and vice-versa. It will also support cross-progression, so if you play on PS4 and close the game and start it on PS5 - you can continue from where you left off on PS4 and vice versa.

The problem is not AC. The problem will be with you logging in on PSN. AFAIK, Account sharing is forbidden according to Sony ToS. So chances are if they see continuous multiple PSN Logins on the same account from widely different IPs (Different Countries), there is a chance they might ban the account. Someone, correct me if I'm wrong about this.

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

AC: Valhalla is cross-buy. So if you buy PS4 version, you will get PS5 version for free and vice-versa. It will also support cross-progression, so if you play on PS4 and close the game and start it on PS5 - you can continue from where you left off on PS4 and vice versa.

The problem is not AC. The problem will be with you logging in on PSN. AFAIK, Account sharing is forbidden according to Sony ToS. So chances are if they see continuous multiple PSN Logins on the same account from widely different IPs (Different Countries), there is a chance they might ban the account. Someone, correct me if I'm wrong about this.

But Sony is officially allowing the family share play.. Then why the question of ban emerges? 

22 minutes ago, SD_2007 said:

But Sony is officially allowing the family share play.. Then why the question of ban emerges? 

I'm not sure about this - but does Family Sharing allow for 2 different countries? I know Sony has in the past made some wide-sweeping account and IP Range bans here on suspicion of Account Sharing/Selling. Some friends of mine have experienced that. And having same account in 2 different countries seems less family sharing and more account selling.

Better to err on the side of caution. At the very least, buy from a new account - so even if the account is banned, at least you will only lose 1 game.

Edited by roun90

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

Maco reactor guy says that there will be a minor update today. So get ready to know that Grey market units are available in India, lol.

:lol:

ek hafte ho gaye kuch naya masala nahi daala... he must be thinking

Edited by KrIzAliD
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Most of my PSN friends have PS5 icon next to their names, even some Indian ones.

tenor.gif?itemid=5491475

Stick ps5 sticker on your ps4, change psn avatar to PS5. Have some desi. I swear you'll never know the difference.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Maco reactor guy says that there will be a minor update today. So get ready to know that Grey market units are available in India, lol.

I guess he saw this video on YouTube and gathered the knowledge. 

This is Ambrit Games in Hyderabad.. they got the stock from Dubai. 

Price around 90k. 

Edited by VamosReva

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

I'm not sure about this - but does Family Sharing allow for 2 different countries? I know Sony has in the past made some wide-sweeping account and IP Range bans here on suspicion of Account Sharing/Selling. Some friends of mine have experienced that. And having same account in 2 different countries seems less family sharing and more account selling.

Better to err on the side of caution. At the very least, buy from a new account - so even if the account is banned, at least you will only lose 1 game.

For the last 3 years I am sharing multiple games and accounts with the same friend reside in UK. But never faced any kind of problem with any of my accounts.. Hopefully this will remain same on next gen too.