The Playstation 5 thread

22 minutes ago, AnK said:

That’s coz dynamic weather changes Sun light 

While dynamic Craig lawn mower changes grass 

Watch the full comparison. PS5 version is actually dark and dull - DF reviewer also mentions it.

The big picture is that Mark Cerny could turn out to be a genius, a monster - his bet to go with 2.23Ghz CUs in the PS5 GPU could trouble XSX to no end. But higher clocks means more heat which means there is a much higher chance of heating to undesirable levels maybe even thermal throttling - PS5 has a giant cooler but how good is it under full sustained load? Only time will tell.

XSX has Game Pass. PS5 has no answer on that front.

Both PS5 and XSX have SSDs and there could be at most 20-40 second loading differences at max - not material at all.

16 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Wait for console launches to make comparison

Wait for DF to make the video because they're the only ones we trust

Wait for couple of years for GDK to mature

Wait for SXX, it'll be the best

Wait for.....

PS5 is not available in India - you are anyways waiting only :rofl:

58 minutes ago, AnK said:

Don’t take it to heart kid,we’ll see in few years

as of now 

enjoy The scenery:- 

JHRFCsd_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I feel PS5 missed a chance to crush XSXat launch. Had these comparison videos and memes came out before XSX launch, many would have changed their minds.

Was it clever embargo or Sony‘s benevolence that saved MS from another DOA?

47 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Watch the full comparison. PS5 version is actually dark and dull - DF reviewer also mentions it.

The big picture is that Mark Cerny could turn out to be a genius, a monster - his bet to go with 2.23Ghz CUs in the PS5 GPU could trouble XSX to no end. But higher clocks means more heat which means there is a much higher chance of heating to undesirable levels maybe even thermal throttling - PS5 has a giant cooler but how good is it under full sustained load? Only time will tell.

Both PS5 and XSX have SSDs and there could be at most 20-40 second loading differences at max - not material at all.

Richard said darker not dull. He also said PS5s extra contrast makes it look better in certain instances.

As for higher clock, isn't that exactly why they went with Liquid Metal cooling?

Lastly, Gamepass. What do I say? Is it value for money? Hell yes. But remember, you only get to play those games(third party) as long as they're in GP not as long as you're subscribed.

46 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I think most of us would rather wait a month or two than play multiplat games on a 'weaker' console :rofl:  Right now, XSX is nothing but mediocre, it looks exactly like XSS but with better resolution.

Edited by gecko89

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

f**k the Framerate mode 

EnWuThhXUAEtP3w?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Oh man, this is disgusting, right image makes left look like garbage. MS should be ashamed of themselves luring buyers in saying 'Multiplat games look better in XSX'. I'm starting to pity xboners, they had one thing going for them and its up in flames. Wait til Cold War analysis comes in and we'll have another nail on the coffin.

Lets see now, PS5 has

-Better First Party titles.

-Better controller.

-Best console for Multiplat titles.

-Better UI(4K60fps, not that 1080p trash on XSX)

-Better price.

-Better I/O.

Not to mention this is only the beginning of the generation, like every console before Sony will milk the PS5 til its last drop by the end.

• Like 2

Looks like PS India Twitter interns have left the job after all that abuse. No new posts since 14th :rofl: I used to go to comment section of their tweets just for the lulz. Come on PS India, post a PS5 game trailer. :clapping:

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Its only a matter of time before it is available here. You should worry more about your 12 TF console doing hagga :rofl: 

Edited by ZooZoo

16 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Looks like PS India Twitter interns have left the job after all that abuse. No new posts since 14th :rofl: I used to go to comment section of their tweets just for the lulz. Come on PS India, post a PS5 game trailer. :clapping:

Lol not even anything about the sale? :lol:

I finally got some good game time on the PS5. Been playing Astro's Playroom and I have to say I finally understand why a lot of people like it.

It shows off the controller's features quite nicely and you really get a feel of the triggers with it. All of a sudden, I feel, how was this not always a thing.

The background score is hilarious at times, example the SSD course. :giggle:

And then the top most reason for me to like the game; All the Easter eggs are Nostalgia filled and took me to some very happier times. :wub::wub:

Spoiler

Hahahha Who all played this game.. :D:D

MGS Easter egg. :giggle:

Edited by ayush12ice
Added Easter egg stuff in spoiler.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Wait for console launches to make comparison

Wait for DF to make the video because they're the only ones we trust

Wait for couple of years for GDK to mature

Wait for SXX, it'll be the best

Wait for.....

New Xbox tagline - Wait has no limits. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I think that the XSX's GPU is facing a situation similar to PS3's Cell CPU. Initially, because of the Cell's complex structure, PS3 took a lot of beating in multi-platform games. For example, X360 did 720p for Red Dead Redemption 1 but PS3 could only do 640p - about 20% less. PS3 Cell CPU is even more powerful than X360 as well as PS4 CPUs.

The issue is, I don't remember PS3 being marketed as "Most powerful console Ewah", every 2 seconds.

When you spew BS in your marketing campaign, which you are unable to back up, it will come back to bite you. 

9 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I think that the XSX's GPU is facing a situation similar to PS3's Cell CPU. Initially, because of the Cell's complex structure, PS3 took a lot of beating in multi-platform games. For example, X360 did 720p for Red Dead Redemption 1 but PS3 could only do 640p - about 20% less. PS3 Cell CPU is even more powerful than X360 as well as PS4 CPUs.

As developers got more comfortable with Cell and learnt to really harness its power, PS3 blew away X360 in terms games with extraordinary graphical fidelity eg. GOW3, UC2, UC3, TLOU etc.

XSX has almost 50% more CUs in number than PS5 but at lower frequency. Current games like Dirt 5, COD BO CW, AC V etc. are all anchored in the last gen. It's like PS3's initial year where it took a lot of beating due to complex architecture. 3rd party devs are most probably unable/don't have time and resources to put to use all 52 CUs of XSX as they have to develop games for 9 systems.

Microsoft dev tools are also in their infancy.

Again, it's too pre-mature to conclude XSX vs PS5. If we consider PS3's story, it is most likely that XSX will crush games in future as the hardware is efficiently and fully put to use.

8 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I think there is a subtle difference between PS3 CPU case and XSX GPU case.

PS3 CPU was very exotic with 8 "Synergistic Processing Elements" on the chip. It really needed state of the art teams to harness its power.

XSX GPU is far simpler and is the same as PS5 with more CUs and less frequency per CU. With this situation, as devs move on to XSX-PS5 gen and put more focus on developing for these new systems it is very likely that game engines will scale up and use all 52 CUs. I think all dev teams will easily be able to do that with time.

XSX vs PS5 is just a balancing act between number of CUs and frequency its 52CUs@1.8Ghz vs 36CUs@2.2Ghz.

Currently, PS5 and XSX are both performing pathetically on 120fps mode with very low resolutions. This means that current dev tools are focused on last gen. When focus of dev teams shifts fully to next gen and dev Tools mature, XSX will at least equal and perform upto 20% better than PS5.

Frankly, both XSX and PS5 performance are trash because none can do "native" 4K at "locked" 60fps. PS5 'Pro', whenever it launches, seems like an even better idea.  

I think people are getting extra shocked because currently all eyes are on new consoles and XSX is falling behind right out of the gate under a huge spot light.

But more likely than not, PS5 will win for the 1st 1-2 years, then for the next 4-5 years XSX will always be ahead with multi-plats.

XSX is a beast, you can't disprove it. Its specs are a fact. The real culprit is the development work and code which is not up to the mark. Factors like corona, work from home, rushed schedules due new consoles launch etc are constraining devs from doing XSX justice.

A couple of years later, no one will bat an eye when XSX always out-performs.

Right one looks quite dark and dull although it has more grass.

7 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Let me help you with a TL'DR,

1. Devs just not comfortable with XSX. MS devkits suck.
  2. Both are equally trash.
  3. Just 2 more years, then XSX will show em all.
  4. XSX is a hardcore chad stallion. Devs suck. Corona sucks.
  5. f**k contrast & detail.
  6. PS5 will overheat and throttle the f**k out, just give it time.
  7. GAMEPASS GAMEPASS GAMEPASS.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Its only a matter of time before it is available here. You should worry more about your 12 TF console doing hagga :rofl: 

All these games that are performing worse on XSX are not day 1 play for me and their price is too high at day 1.

I may play them, if at all, at least after 1-2 years and if they come to GP. The key point is that by then, these devs will come out with a patch to make proper use of XSX hardware.

Take the case of CD Project Red and Cyberpunk 2077. Why do you think they are delaying 2077? That’s because at new consoles launch, devs have to work on 8-9 different systems to make a game that performs good on all platforms.

Devs of Dirt 5, COD BO CW, AC V etc should have taken their time to do proper time to make all versions best possible which is what CDPR is doing.

These devs sacrificed good quality work for enabling games to launch with new console launches. PS5 has less CUs and tools which make it easier for such time constrained devs to do less work and get more performance.

I am putting my money on Cyberpunk 2077. If 2077 performs better on XSX then we can be sure that all is not lost for XSX. In such a case, all XSX needs are patches.

If it doesn’t, we’ll have to wait for Tools to mature. That would make it easier for devs to harness XSX power. That could take upto 2-3 years or less.

If XSX doesn’t perform better than PS5 even after 2-3 years THEN ONLY I shall say that Mark Cerny and his hardware team has won because of their superior decision making.

In 2-3 years, I would have already bought God of War Ragnarok edition of PS5, if it comes out. I have spare cash for it today. So, I’ll never be “worried” my friend [emoji2]

Let me help you with a TL'DR,
  1. Devs just not comfortable with XSX. MS devkits suck.
  2. Both are equally trash.
  3. Just 2 more years, then XSX will show em all.
  4. XSX is a hardcore chad stallion. Devs suck. Corona sucks.
  5. f**k contrast & detail.
  6. PS5 will overheat and throttle the f**k out, just give it time.
  7. GAMEPASS GAMEPASS GAMEPASS.

This is obviously a biased tldr. You are not taking it objectively because whatever may be the fact, you are just twisting it to suit your choice

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

This is obviously a biased tldr. You are not taking it objectively because whatever may be the fact, you are just twisting it to suit your choice

Bhai, we are just having some fanboy fun. Most of your arguments are valid.

But you must accept that in this uber consumerist social media driven era. MS ka "wait for our product to shine" attitude just won't cut it. 

Edited by kmkaks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Chillax Bro, Are you even getting DIRT 5 ? Don't worry and just enjoy your RDR2 for now and stay away from these.. instead spend time enjoying your SX than writing pages to justify :notangel:

• Like 3

The state may be bad right now, but that difference is clearly some sort of bug in the game. Its simply not possible for the image quality on series X to be that garbage. Most of the other comparison videos for games have the fps taking minor hits on series X which could be possible, but these are just straight up unfinished textures.