The Playstation 5 thread

7 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

The state may be bad right now, but that difference is clearly some sort of bug in the game. Its simply not possible for the image quality on series X to be that garbage. Most of the other comparison videos for games have the fps taking minor hits on series X which could be possible, but these are just straight up unfinished textures.

The game switches to Series S mode when in 120 fps mode. PS5 has no low power SKU so its just one texture pack. Something is fking up with this double SKU install.

19 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

The state may be bad right now, but that difference is clearly some sort of bug in the game. Its simply not possible for the image quality on series X to be that garbage. Most of the other comparison videos for games have the fps taking minor hits on series X which could be possible, but these are just straight up unfinished textures.

Developers probably got confused with names - series x, series s, one, one s, one x. Etc, wtf? let's make game for Xbax.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The game switches to Series S mode when in 120 fps mode. PS5 has no low power SKU so its just one texture pack. Something is fking up with this double SKU install.

Yeah i think MS forcing devs to optimize games for Series S will bite them back in a big way this gen. But this kind of image quality difference is unprecedented. It looks like straight up unfinished textures from PS3 gen.

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

I can understand there is a bug that reduces assets to SeriesS levels in 120fps mode 

but what about the averall quality of texture mapping & resolution in the Image Quality mode 

I don’t think that can be a bug 

It is possible that the game defaults to series S image quality with upscaling when used on series X. Probably because MS is forcing devs to create games for series S

57 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

The state may be bad right now, but that difference is clearly some sort of bug in the game. Its simply not possible for the image quality on series X to be that garbage.

Yes, DS have clearly stated that it's some kind of a bug that XSX is giving that kind of image output. 

They have also stated that before they started testing, they got reports from users who bought the game day 1 on ps5 that there was lot of screen tearing on ps5 and codemasters patched it not long ago. 

4 hours ago, 0verlord said:

These devs sacrificed good quality work for enabling games to launch with new console launches. PS5 has less CUs and tools which make it easier for such time constrained devs to do less work and get more performance.

How do you even know if that's the case?! How do you know the numbers of CUs is what's causing PS5 to perform better? Where are you pulling this from? Did everyone turn into a silicon chip architect while I was asleep?

Everyone is just speculating what the reason for XSX weak performance could be? Even DF said it 'could' be a 'bug'. 

For all we know it could be because devs need time to work with new GDK. Or because MS has fragmented their system by supporting XSS, XSX and PC with same GDK and PS5 is just more efficient for good. Or because XSX has a crap ton of hardware bottlenecks. We'll know only when MS responds.

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Leaving aside the “bug” in Framerate mode 

Resolution check

Framerate check 

texture maping check 

Screen Tearing check (99% don’t have VRR screen right now) 

The Image quality mode is running miles better on PS5 too 

& that doesn’t really look like it’s any sort of bug 

47:15 onwards 

Also keep in mind that ex-Evolution Studio devs joined Codemasters... so they are more familiar with ps4 kind of architecture(in terms what tweaking they can do to get more fidelity out of the system) rather than series x.

So its just up to how quickly you can churn out the best from the dev kits in short amount of time.

Relax guys the games will be patched ,no reason for Series X to lag behind in any way for any game .
Cerny might be a magician ,but the xbox hardware team is no slouch either .
Ofcourse you would know they are no slouch..

:naughty:

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

How do you even know if that's the case?! How do you know the numbers of CUs is what's causing PS5 to perform better? Where are you pulling this from? Did everyone turn into a silicon chip architect while I was asleep?
Everyone is just speculating what the reason for XSX weak performance could be? Even DF said it 'could' be a 'bug'. 
For all we know it could be because devs need time to work with new GDK. Or because MS has fragmented their system by supporting XSS, XSX and PC with same GDK and PS5 is just more efficient for good. Or because XSX has a crap ton of hardware bottlenecks. We'll know only when MS responds.

I think you have not seen Mark Cerny’s 1 hour explanation. That’s where I am pulling this from.

You should read more before posting on forums. Lots of explanations are available from Sony and others even for layman like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I think you have not seen Mark Cerny’s 1 hour explanation. That’s where I am pulling this from.

You should read more before posting on forums. Lots of explanations are available from Sony and others even for layman like you.

I have seen it. That couldn't possible be the only reason for PS5 to make XSX look like last gen console. Sonys isn't expected to support multiple SKUs, that could also be the case.

And that still doesn't explain this

Maybe you could explain this to a layman like me. Pretty please.

• Like 1

he never said over time more at lower speed would be better in comparison to what he has designed 

I didn’t say which is better.

I only said XSX is not being fully utilised yet in a proper manner. That’s why it’s performing lower than expected.

This is my suspicion and not a fact that I am claiming. It will be cleared as we progress further in this new gen.

Maybe you could explain this to a layman like me. Pretty please.

Ok I’ll explain to a layman like you. I need 2-3 years to collect data to explain fully.

Anyone who’s drawing conclusions based on 10 days of gaming data is just blowing smoke. Console generations last for 5-7 years.

Final conclusion for now - too early to draw a conclusion.

Dubai too, selling it at double the official price :O

https://uae.sharafdg.com/product/sony-playstation-5-console-international-cd-version/

Thats, almost 85k, hence our grey market prices are 1 lakh. I don't blame them, atleast they have shown that they work better than Sony when it comes to fulfilling a commitment.

Edited by Animus