The Playstation 5 thread

7 hours ago, Snake said:

Tweet deleted

Going by the replies, I bet it was pulled out out of his a*s. Nioh 2 not only has a solid locked 60fps mode on PS4, but the current owners get the Nioh 2 remaster for free. One of the best games of the year and a true tragedy that this isn't on Xbox.

8 hours ago, AnK said:

It’s not really a patch when you improve graphics 

M$ isn’t doing that for Gears of War 4 or Halo 5 or any of the older Forza games 

They have just given next gen versions of Gears 5 & FH 4 

Coz they have nothing else to offer at launch....no new games 

Rest of their games are just running in BC mode just like PS5

Bloodborne is a 2015 title 

Same as Gears 4 .......M$ hasn’t Remastered that & put up for free 

Only developer who is doing that as far as I know is CD project red

with Witcher 3 

very good gesture indeed 

Everyone likes freebies,who doesn’t 

Does the logic hold true for all the backwards compatibility enhancements that MS did for X1X? Like playing the original RDR, Gears 2 & 3 at 4k with improved texture filtering? Whatever you have to say regarding MS, they went over and beyond to make old games look better on their console.

It's a pity that we have to shell out extra to get the same for Bloodborne, one of the best games on PlayStation. And frankly, high res textures, improved lightning and 60fps do not warrant full price. Wherever your allegiance lies, doesn't make sense to support shitty practices. 

Bloodborne remaster wont surprise me. I believe that's the only reason for the game not being patched.

I don't mind paying money for a better version of bloodborne. Developers/Companies can take all my money for making games like Skyrim, Bloodborne and God Of War.  

I have played Bloodborne but never completed it. Too hard for me. I asked my brother about it and he just said 'git gud' :ranting:

Its unfortunate because I really liked the atmosphere and the general feel of the combat. But don't have the patience to die a 100 times.

• Like 1

I think 0verlord boy here is a subscriber to Colteastwood :rofl: 

he was feeding onto his channel going into nextgen & now reality has hit him hard that he’s having a meltdown :lol: 

Hey boy.....heard of Demon Souls?!?
coming out with Godfall?!? 

Doing Dynamic 4k that even your favourite  digital foundry is having a hard time telling apart from Native 4k mode in the same game 

atta boy....go go go 

Demon’s Souls core engine was designed for PS3 and it’s quite dated. I acknowledge that the remake does much better and it ideally should.

Godfall and it’s engine on the other hand was built from scratch for PS5 and keeping all next gen hardware in mind. So there’s a difference.

All games expect Astro’s Playroom and Godfall are anchored in PS3 or PS4 - earlier generations. PS5 should do very well for those games because their core game engines are also designed for old gen hardware.

Godfall is actually the true next gen game with next gen graphics because there’s no PS4 version.

I had hoped that PS5 would do at least native 1800p at locked 60fps for exclusive next gen games.

Godfall’s performance is a case for waiting for PS5 ‘Pro’ because 4K displays will become affordable and mainstream quite soon and PS exclusives should run at at least native 1800p or more with/without machine learning upscaling.

Checkerboarding is a hit or miss just take the example of RDR2 on Pro for a 4k display. I compared Pro vs X1X screenshots by Digital Foundry and native 4K on X1X does make a difference on my 65’ 4K TV.

Bhai tu rehne de.

Bluepoint engine powering the demons souls remake has nothing to do with the phyre engine that powered demons/dark/bloodborne etc. It's bluepoints proprietary tech built for PS systems. 

Godfall is running on unreal 4, technically a Last gen engine if you can call it that. 

By core engine, I don’t mean unreal engine etc.

I mean the game as a whole - it’s skeletal structure.

Basically, a remake of an old game intended for PS3 vs a brand new game solely intended for PS5 and above. The games of later category should prove more challenging for next gen hardware.

15 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I had hoped that PS5 would do at least native 1800p at locked 60fps for exclusive next gen games.

I still don't understand the obsession for Native

So it seems you like a game looking like craigfinite doing FULL NATIVE 4K rather than , higher quality textures running at 1440p upscaled to 4K ?

you do understand Native  (insert resolution)p doesn't imply great looking game right? unless the texture detail , lighting, etc are on par with the resolution? 

edit: Also just because a developer chose to do 1500p upscaled to 4K, Doesn't mean the machine Cannot do native 4k. It can, but they have to compromise on image quality. 

Edited by Pacifier

Why can a remake not be used to judge a systems performance ? Will you consider RE2 Remake less challenging for ps4 because the original RE2 came out on ps1 and skeletal structure is still the same?

Take an example of a castle in Demon’s Souls. The physical size of that castle would more or less be the same in PS5 remake with much superior graphical fidelity.

If a Demon’s Souls 2 was made from scratch solely for PS5, that same castle would be 10 times larger requiring significantly more graphics horse power.

I played TLOU on PS3 and when I played TLOU 2 on Pro, I was always very shocked at how large the levels were - so unending I couldn’t believe it. Number of enemies were so many compared to part 1, it took significantly more time to clear levels. Everything is just upto 10x more when made from scratch for next gen only.

• Like 1