The Playstation 5 thread

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Exactly the kind of response I was expecting 

do you even know what sitting in 40 degree Celsius room feels like?!?

It depends on your tolerance. I have stood in peak summer at construction sites for several hours without a fan and proper shade available. My tolerance for heat is fairly high. In peak summers I just use the AC at 24 for 3 hours at night, by the timer. Remaining time fan at full speed is sufficient for me.

Having said all this, I do understand companies design consoles keeping in mind temps of their major markets. India sadly isnt one.

Edited by playstationdude

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

Construction sites are not really a “room” is it 

being out on work vs playing entertainment devices on a couch is a whole lot of difference 

has anyone himself or imagined anyone playing PS in a 40 degree heat wave :rofl: 

There are so many times when there is a power cut during peak summers and the AC doesn't work sometimes for a good 2-3 hours but the TV and Console is on the inverter so I continue gaming and trust me the room turns into an oven. I guess we are just used to it and can tolerate very high temp. unlike the gaming consoles. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AnK said:

Construction sites are not really a “room” is it 

being out on work vs playing entertainment devices on a couch is a whole lot of difference 

has anyone himself or imagined anyone playing PS in a 40 degree heat wave :rofl: 

Yes, fairly common in India - especially places like Mumbai. The best TV (OLED, 4k etc.) is almost always in the Hall/Living Room (So everyone can watch it). Console is also connected to best TV most times - for the best experience. The Living Room is also most of the times not air-conditioned. Are you suggesting that everyone in India goes on a video game strike against Mother Nature for 4-5 months of the year? Or that everyone has TVs worth lakhs in all the rooms, so they can play all the time in air-conditioned glory?

Look there are points where you can applaud Sony - but if this report is true, this is not one of those situations. And yes, people do play video games at 40 degrees. You might not - but then you are not the representative of the entire 1.3 Billion Population of India.

Edited by roun90

Wouldn't Sony test the final hardware for hundreds of hours before mass producing? I'm sure this would have come up, since according to GamersNexus its getting really really hot.

Or they just okayed it due to lack of time, thinking they'd fix it with a slim version later :/

5 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Wouldn't Sony test the final hardware for hundreds of hours before mass producing? I'm sure this would have come up, since according to GamersNexus its getting really really hot.

Or they just okayed it due to lack of time, thinking they'd fix it with a slim version later :/

Obviously they tested it ,but i doubt anyone can predict what will happen after a few months or years.

Edited by triggr happy ss

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Kabhi 40 degree Celsius ke tappe hue Living room me 2-3 lagayi hai?!? :rofl: 

we Indians are capable of anything 

Bhai hum bangalore wale hain, don't tell us your third world problems. :P

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, b!T said:

lol, now I need to keep my AC on to game? Sony should degrade the current cooling tech to save money. Just print on the box that AC at 18C mandatory :lol:

Maybe sony is trying to indicate that they'll enter the AC vertical soon :P

the complete playstation ecosystem

ac + system + 4k tv bundle all synced. Complete gaming ecosystem, for a holistic playstation experience, tailored for the players!

Edited by radicaldude
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Obviously they tested it ,but i doubt anyone can predict what will happen after a few months or years.

Ok, fair point. It would be a major dick move by Sony if this is knew about this and they're ok with consoles failing after a year or so.

15 minutes ago, Walker said:

Who even brought up the 40° heatwave? And why?

The article said 35.

AnK said 35 in one of his posts.

Then in the next post Ank said 35-40

After that in all the posts he said 40

Sneaky sneaky :rofl::rofl:  I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. 

Just now, dylanjosh said:

The article said 35.

AnK said 35 in one of his posts.

Then in the next post Ank said 35-40

After that in all the posts he said 40

Sneaky sneaky :rofl::rofl:  I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. 

I might be wrong but places like Delhi reaches 40 every summer, yeah? 

• Like 1

Saying keep Air Conditioner on is like saying keep Vacuum Cleaner on so you don't hear PS4 noise :rofl:

3 minutes ago, b!T said:

I might be wrong but places like Delhi reaches 40 every summer, yeah? 

Threshold is 35 in article. So yeah, 35 and above and need to be careful. It goes above 35 in many more areas than it goes above 40. 

Edited by dylanjosh