The Playstation 5 thread

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

I still can’t fathom imagining myself sitting in a 40 degree Celsius room playing 4k HDR games :rofl:

You can still have an air cooler directed at you while the room stays at 40C ? 

Why is it so difficult to imagine this?

52 minutes ago, Walker said:

No one in the last 20 years has bought games at full price.

Crazy that year 2000 was 20 years ago. Playing SIMS 1 and GTA 3 on low settings and getting excited seeing rain effects at 10fps. ? 

1 hour ago, Walker said:

No one in the last 20 years has bought games at full price.

Millions of copies are sold over 2-3 days for AAA titles at launch. In its release weekend, The Last of Us Part II sold over four million copies worldwide, becoming the fastest-selling PlayStation 4 exclusive, beating Marvel's Spider-Man's 3.3 million and God of War's 3.1 million in the same period. That's just over 3 days and all pay full price.

Just now, 0verlord said:

Millions of copies are sold over 2-3 days for AAA titles at launch. In its release weekend, The Last of Us Part II sold over four million copies worldwide, becoming the fastest-selling PlayStation 4 exclusive, beating Marvel's Spider-Man's 3.3 million and God of War's 3.1 million in the same period. That's just over 3 days and all pay full price.

Nope. many outlets give discounts on launch! (not applicable to digital copies though)

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Crazy that year 2000 was 20 years ago. Playing SIMS 1 and GTA 3 on low settings and getting excited seeing rain effects at 10fps. ? 

Lol I remember trying to run Monster Truck Madness on a Cyrix M-II, and being happy at the amazing slideshow. Not sure but but I believe the gfx mem onboard was a glorious 8MB on a SiS530. Actually I'm not sure if the SiS530 was after I upgraded to  K6-2 or before. Lol I'm getting old. I think this was 98?

Edited by Walker