The Playstation 5 thread

6 hours ago, AnK said:

Don’t get me wrong 

I am in no way defending the hardware for its shortcomings compared to rival hardwares 

I just made a sensible joke & was called out being dumb for saying that 

So ppl now are going ahead & pouring in all sorts of unusual scenarios to say how gaming in a 40 degree room is very much possible :rofl: 

this baffling me even more :lol: 

It is possible and i do it. Unless my brother forces me to, i don't turn on the AC even in peak summer and if i am not wrong, temperature touches 40 in Delhi

1999 -  PC would not post. Would be the first time I realized why a cpu needs a heatsink. Removed the heatsink, booted the PC, touched the CPU (because I'm an idiot). Holy mother of all blisters. I kid you not, my index finger grew 5mm in one sec.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, AnK said:

Lol this is very tricky situation again (just like 40 degrees heat wave) 

If someone deposits 50k & then 7k for rental 

there is still good chance he will run away with it :rofl: 

If someone deposits 1 lkh+ as security 

there is good chance vendor will will run away with it :rofl: 

I would not run away. I would say that I was so angry that I smashed PS5 to pieces and ask him to keep the deposit if it's around 50k.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Ideally even if weather “outside” is touching 45-48 degrees (highest recorded every season) 

the “indoor” temperature shouldn’t even be 40 degrees 

but even if I assume you sit in a room with many large windows open & you manage to make room temperature closer to 40 

then you are kinda doing injustice to all of your machines that are running inside your room 

be it TV,games consoles or maybe few other things....

.....like your own body 

I do touch the back of PS4 during thqt time to check if it feels hot or not. If it does, i turn on the AC for 10-15 mins. 

Anyway, my point was that i feel comfortable at high temps and don't really feel the need to turn on the AC unless i am forced to

3 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I do touch the back of PS4 during thqt time to check if it feels hot or not. If it does, i turn on the AC for 10-15 mins. 

Anyway, my point was that i feel comfortable at high temps and don't really feel the need to turn on the AC unless i am forced to

Selfish bloke. Why won't you care if your devices feel comfortable or not?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Walker said:

Lol I hope the Ps5 releases quickly here. Look at what this thread had become :D

What?? Its all normal. We are all normally worrying about the imaginary overheating of our imaginary console and trying to troubleshoot. What is wrong with that. Perfectly normal. :drunk:

Spoiler

Maine to apne PS5 me dermicool lagaya hai. Mast thanda chal raha. Tum bhi try karo :naughty:

Edited by ZooZoo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Millions of copies are sold over 2-3 days for AAA titles at launch. In its release weekend, The Last of Us Part II sold over four million copies worldwide, becoming the fastest-selling PlayStation 4 exclusive, beating Marvel's Spider-Man's 3.3 million and God of War's 3.1 million in the same period. That's just over 3 days and all pay full price.

:lol: I know. I'm one of those guys that pays full price. I forgot to add :/ 

I had a shitty AC once. Those were the days when I was trying my own startup and hence saved every penny. Mumbai heat, tried to run AC just a couple of hours a day. Got a bill of 13000. I still remember that day. I hadn't eaten an ice-cream, my favorite, since 1 month just to save 100rs, and then got 13k bill. Not gonna lie, I cried.

Though main point is, ACs are indeed expensive, especially if they turn out to be inefficient ones. I won't want to turn them on just for the console.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, AnK said:

Per unit cost of AC shouldn’t matter to ppl paying fees to multiple  entertainment & internet subscriptions 

also Next gen consoles that cost games 5k a piece upfront 

50k consoles & upwards of 1lkh TV’s 

this is isn’t really short sightedness 

it’s basic practical sense 

also all this apart, that article said “above 35” not “35 & above”

For a meltdown it obviously has to be nearing 40 

even a cooler or a fan would help you keep the temperature around 35 (if someone feels cost of running an AC is too high) 

as I said,personal preference aside

i don’t see an indoor room’s temperature nearing 40 even in a place like Delhi where maximum weather goes on till 45 in the sun 

I have two ACs at home. Most of the times its only me and wife who are around. The second AC is mostly for guests. We normally get electricity bill of 2k without AC usage.

With one AC it goes up to 4kish. Lets extrapolate this and say I regularly use the second AC as well. Cost will be around 6-7k. Third AC in the living room meand it spikes up to 8-9k. See the difference? 

I have an XSX, OLED and a gaming PC. Recurring electricity expense of 5k or more does bother me. Does that answer your question?