The Playstation 5 thread

9 minutes ago, akashkhannabond007 said:

Ya ya bro not defending but I wish we had found it earlier so might as well have returned it. Best part was that the seller vanished after a few days. We even sent them a notice, tweeted, facebook and everything but last main just it with me because it was presented with a lot of love. I wear it sometimes because BKL ne price bhi pura 25k liya tha :ranting:

Same.. sellers were scammers to begin with , no point arguing. Learnt a lesson and never bough even a cell from those MC.

6 minutes ago, PSFooty7 said:

I have the unboxing video of the games not of the Amazon box.

Tweet that too. Tell them this was the seal which was fake too . PS4 games come with a laminated plastic with a clear strip of PS4 writing

6 minutes ago, adity said:

If push comes to shove, you can file a complaint on consumer forum online. You don't need a lawyer and I think Amazon or FK won't let it go that far. Anyways I think its a must to take unboxing videos now. 

True. I don't like to throw it around but my dad is a high level Govt. official, can always get a lawyer. But it's so frustrating that we are even talking about this, these companies are scamming us outright.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blitzkreiig said:

^ If someone buys from Cloudtail, won't they be responsible themselves.

Challenge is to prove its fake. 

Like you've seen on the thread, Amazon is not accepting returns till you are able to get a certificate from the manufacturer. 

Same things happen with other items like shampoo, soap, eatables etc. It's trickier to even prove some of them can be fake since you've to again contact the parent company and go through the grove. 

The reddit link I posted earlier goes into this rabbit hole when a guy got rash via a soap bought on Amazon (US), got it confirmed manufacturer that it was indeed fake, and then decided to find out what is happening. It's an issue of recent times, not of 10 years ago, and Amazon has no incentive to stop 3rd party sellers and inventory commingling as YoY they have increased revenues from 3rd party. Most people wouldn't be able to identify fakes anyway, so the reporting numbers are low. 

• Like 1

Instead on informing that it is fake, i generally go with “i have received a damaged product/used product”. They never question back. Just ask for the pictures. And refund/exchange is done.

i think if we use the words “fake” they get vigilant are bound to give some automated response like get it checked with manufacturer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Instead on informing that it is fake, i generally go with “i have received a damaged product/used product”. They never question back. Just ask for the pictures. And refund/exchange is done.

i think if we use the words “fake” they get vigilant are bound to give some automated response like get it checked with manufacturer.

This. I've replaced a very expensive router last year twice because there was dust inside the retail "sealed" paxkaging. They had absolutely no issues doing the replacement each time. The CC guy even assured me I can do the replacement until Im fully confident the product I have is brand new and unopened as promised. 

I think getting confrontational with any cc is never a good idea. They anyways go through a lot of sh*t daily. Politeness and calmness goes a long long way. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

I told them that it was defective/not working but as games are now classified as non-returnable, they just tell the customer to deal with the manufacturer. They did ask for pictures but admitted no fault for the product.

Please be extra cautious while buying anything on amazon and FK during this sale, specially electronic stuff. It's chaos out there with zero quality checks in existence from both the e-commerce sites. I was lucky enough to have no issues with my Last of us 2 special edition, but after seeing so many complaints, I have decided to halt my other purchases for now.

Hope my ps5 will be real ??‍♂️?

Edited by iamgulshan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, iamgulshan said:

Please be extra cautious while buying anything on amazon and FK during this sale, specially electronic stuff. It's chaos out there with zero quality checks in existence from both the e-commerce sites. I was lucky enough to have no issues with my Last of us 2 special edition, but after seeing so many complaints, I have decided to halt my other purchases for now.

It will be as real as the six pack of @Jigsaw

Edited by silica
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, PSFooty7 said:

I told them that it was defective/not working but as games are now classified as non-returnable, they just tell the customer to deal with the manufacturer. They did ask for pictures but admitted no fault for the product.

The biggest challenge for e-commerce sites is identifying the source of the problem. It could be either the complicated supply chain where hands change often or the customer itself where they try to game/cheat the system. Thanks to Amazon US infrastructure,  policies and strong government rules and competition, Amazon has the ability to make such resolutions unlike FK and Reliance. 

10 minutes ago, iamgulshan said:

Whatcha gonna do Brotha' when fake-0-mania runs wild on you? 

images-jpeg-55.jpg

• Haha 3