The Playstation 5 thread

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

I don’t think Bloodborne 2 is ever happening 

FromSoftware didn’t make any money for the amount of efforts they put into that game 

FromSoftware games (now even TeamNinja’s) are very very niche games 

Restricting them on a single (or even two)platforms is a practical blunder 

Specially in case of Bloodborne where it was exclusive to one platform which crossed barely a year of its life cycle 

Miyakazi & FS team really put their hearts & efforts into crafting Bloodborne ,which was evident but the sales were so low that they didn’t get appreciated as such as they got for Souls games & then Sekiro 

So it might have happened if Sony had allowed the release of Bloodborne 1 & then 2 on PC,but they obviously didn’t do it when the time was right & missed the opportunity 

FromSoftware has now moved on & will focus on Elden Ring & Sekiro 

Sales doesn't factor into it at all. It's a matter of ownership. For Bloodborne, Sony took care of all the bills and paid Miyazaki on top for his efforts. There is literally nothing for him or his team to be dissatisfied about.

The question that comes is of ownership. BB was job-work. Elden Ring and others will be pure business, which From Software will own themselves and take all profits. They can work on BB2 again if Sony asks. But most probably, they will put their B Team on it while Miyazaki and the A Team focus on their own projects. Hence why Sony is also not that interested in BB2.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Imo they need to add easy mode and make their games more accessible. As much as soulsborne purists are "Git Gud, difficulty is the core of these games", ain't nobody got time and patience for dying 50 times on 1 level.

Their lore and setting is amazing, would have picked up demon's souls remake day 1 if they had an easy mode in it. I'm sure there are millions of others who are in the same boat.

Each game isn't for everyone. Easy mode is the last thing any souls game need

If it was upto Sony to just pay them & get the Job done it would  have happened right after BB1 rapped up 

you see it’s not that simple 
A game like Bloodborne would have taken years & years of hardwork from Miyazaki the man himself & his A team 
It was the best version of their souls games many would say 

Yes they got paid up by Sony but obviously it wouldn’t have been an upfront settled amount 
Mostly in Joint productions there is a minimum fee to the developer but there is always surplus royalties attached to the number of units that finally move through 

If Miyazaki & his A team had released Bloodborne as multiplatform game it would have sold much more than their any other product till date & even Dark Souls 3 
they would have made a sh*t ton more money then the “basic fee” they got from Sony & the minuscule royalties they got from slow & shallow sales it got on a single system which was just over a year old on the market 

That’s why you’ll never see them make Bloodborne 2 exclusive to PS5 & Sony won’t even approach them as they know that the amount of fee required to hire them this time would be equal to 10million odd copies that they “could have” sold if it was on all established systems 

Obviously Sony is not Microsoft with deep pockets who make decisions first & then think later 
I believe exclusives deals work a little differently, the dev studio is paid an amount that is close to the estimated sales foregone of the game (conservative estimate) , had it not been released as an exclusive. Rather than a "basic fee" plus share of royalties. What you described is a standard publishing deal between a publisher and studio.

In fact I would argue that for a risky title like BB which has a niche audience and gameplay that doesn't appeal to everyone, going the way of exclusives is a move to de-risk the project. And for the platform owner and publisher, in this case Sony, it gives them a kickass exclusive for a lower cost as compared to something like death stranding (more well known studio, big project)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

1) OK I will concede on this point. Yes, I have an Xbox and no, I have had no reason to refund any game on it

2) Easy with the Personal Attacks my man. I could just as easily say people like you are the reason we have to deal with paid online can't I? Also, you are still ignoring Nintendo. Free Cloud is only on MS and PC. Free Manual Save Backup is still there. It's also there permanently unless both your system dies and all your backups die as well.

3) See Point above

4) So games only consist of 1st party from now on? That's new to me. I thought people played all games. Why are you hung up on only 1st party? I'm saying gaming as a whole. As a whole, it's moving to $70. Am I supporting it? Absolutely not. But then again, it is quite easy to wait 1-2 months (or heck even weeks) and buy at 50% off no? TLOU2 came down to almost 2k within a month. Not exactly a problem if you are not having to buy each game Day 1.

Again, I'm not blaming GP. It's amazing and I accept it. But this does not mean all 3rd party games are there on GP. And the trend is $70 for the industry as a whole, unfortunately. 

5) Additional Point, as far as exclusives go, Sony is still far and above MS. The amount of games last year alone beats entire X1 line-up the entire gen. And this year is looking to be great as well. MS is still in the "Promise" stage. For the forseeable future - MS "1st Party" is abysmal. There are at least 3 years before we see any great major exclusives on MS side, and new acquisitions like Bethesda - maybe even more. If it's worth it then, I will get XSX as well. Till, then, I will make do with my X1X and PC for any MS needs, if required.

6) There really is no need  to celebrate just because MS made F2P free yesterday (Calling it Listening to Community after being woken up after 16 years). It really has no bearing on others.

I was talking first party pricing and you  brought 3rd party pricing which is not under control of MS and then you went on to comparing quality of exclusives. Lol. You posted lot of stuff but not once you said that locking cloud saves behind paywall is wrong and Sony should change it. You just continue to spin around it and post stuff which is not relevant to what i originally asked in my post.

We talking about policies here and MS changed almost all of their bad policies except Paid online. I hope they will change it too and make multiplayer just free across the board. But question is will Sony fans call Sony out for their anti consumer policies of no refund system and paid cloud saves nd all?

So again i ask, you agree that Sony should  change their above mentioned policy or not? End this discussion by giving me simple Yes or No. 

1 hour ago, Soultrader92 said:

I believe exclusives deals work a little differently, the dev studio is paid an amount that is close to the estimated sales foregone of the game (conservative estimate) , had it not been released as an exclusive. Rather than a "basic fee" plus share of royalties. What you described is a standard publishing deal between a publisher and studio.

In fact I would argue that for a risky title like BB which has a niche audience and gameplay that doesn't appeal to everyone, going the way of exclusives is a move to de-risk the project. And for the platform owner and publisher, in this case Sony, it gives them a kickass exclusive for a lower cost as compared to something like death stranding (more well known studio, big project)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

26 minutes ago, AnK said:

I don’t think there is a slightest of chance 

if there was it would have happened by now & Fromsoftware wouldn’t have flipped 3 franchises since Bloodborne 

They didn’t get what they wanted out of their time & money is what I’d like to believe 

So much so that they didn’t even spent time needed to optimise it for PS4pro ,

which they clearly did for DarkSouls 3 

Yeah no chance the original team and Miyazaki come back. They have successfully converted themselves into a brand. No matter what project they tackle next it's going to do well commercially just because their name and genre is associated. Best chance of BB2 is either from software's b team or the bluepoint guys are finally given a game of their own.

8 hours ago, AnK said:

That’s not really the right approach 

Fromsoftware games are not really “fun” in a traditional gameplay campaign story telling way 

The combat doesn’t have many multilayered upgrades or fancy moves to unlock or perform 

It’s enemies & their designs that are the real star of these games 

If they nerf them in anyway & the player had an option to go past them by lowering the difficulty level then the whole blueprint of their innovative design will fall apart & it would be a really really pathetic game

If it was upto Sony to just pay them & get the Job done it would  have happened right after BB1 rapped up 

you see it’s not that simple 

A game like Bloodborne would have taken years & years of hardwork from Miyazaki the man himself & his A team 

It was the best version of their souls games many would say 

Yes they got paid up by Sony but obviously it wouldn’t have been an upfront settled amount 

Mostly in Joint productions there is a minimum fee to the developer but there is always surplus royalties attached to the number of units that finally move through 

If Miyazaki & his A team had released Bloodborne as multiplatform game it would have sold much more than their any other product till date & even Dark Souls 3 

they would have made a sh*t ton more money then the “basic fee” they got from Sony & the minuscule royalties they got from slow & shallow sales it got on a single system which was just over a year old on the market 

That’s why you’ll never see them make Bloodborne 2 exclusive to PS5 & Sony won’t even approach them as they know that the amount of fee required to hire them this time would be equal to 10million odd copies that they “could have” sold if it was on all established systems 

Obviously Sony is not Microsoft with deep pockets who make decisions first & then think later 

Nah, that's not how it works. You see - From started the project with the explicit understanding that the IP of Bloodborne will be owned by Sony. Why they did it? Most probably they needed cash at the time. Especially since they had made a new engine for Dark Souls 2 and then immediately jumped over to UE 4 for BB. The quality and game design does not factor into it at all. It will also be settled upfront as well. When you do job-work, it's literally just that - work for others as part of a job. It's why there is no joint ownership of BB. It's pure 100% owned by Sony. There literally is no risk for From and they will most probably not even get the sales report.

Now, it's up to Sony to set quality standards, timelines and budgets. But which specific employee or team will work on the project - that's up to From. Miyazaki will not work on it most probably, there's a very high chance of that. Hence, Sony would also not be that interested much.

Frankly, Miyazaki himself is not that interested in sequels. DS2 was made by the B Team for cash. He did DS3, but very soon after BB and frankly, compared to others, his efforts and heart were not in it. Sekiro was a success and his pet project - but no sequel. It is also completely different gameplay-wise. Elden Ring will be different as well. Most probably, there will be no sequel to Elden Ring as well (or his B Team will do it). I get the feeling Miyazaki is an artist. He will do projects where his passions are. And once a project is done - it's "done". He's not that interested in going back. He's not like EA or Ubisoft to keep doing sequel after sequel. That's what his B Team and Job Work people are for.

Heck, Miyazaki has literally given an interview where he literally states that he's done with Souls and Souls Type Games, he's personally over it and he literally states "If 5 years from now a subordinate comes to me and begs me to allow for a Dark Souls, I will allow it, but it will be the subordinate's project, not mine". He literally states he wants to try new things

This was just before Sekiro, and Sekiro was completely different from a Souls Game.

Full Interview:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/27/dark-souls-developer-already-working-on-new-ip

Edited by roun90
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

Are Bhai isko Xbox wala thread mat banao. Zhagde mat karo both consoles are good end of debate. Zhagde Karne hi he toh PlayStation and Xbox thread he lol:rofl:

Yup, see that WhiteWolf/Zodak is pointlessly going OT now. Will not be responding to him regarding the matter further.

Edited by roun90

20 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Bloodborne was not running on UE4. 

Sorry, you're right. Looked up the wrong article (BB Re-created in UE4). It seems the actual situation is even more messed up. It seems it's a mysterious engine, no one knows about (It's not DS2 Engine) + it's using middleware like Havok, Yebis and all in addition to it.DS3 is doing the same. All the more reason they gave up BB ownership to Sony and did job work if they were using 2 new engines for 2 new games.

https://www.dualshockers.com/tech-powering-ps4-exclusive-bloodborne-revealed-separable-subsurface-scattering-havok-yebis-and-more/

Edited by roun90

4 minutes ago, Messy said:

That page was up from before 12th Jan.

Edited by quixote_1989
  • Thanks 1