The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, Jigsaw said:

why would someone take an import unit to a local service centre?

I thought you were talking about 3rd party warranty repairs.

So you mean that you bought Ps4 at launch in India with official 1 year warranty and Sony India refused to recognise it as a product, let alone to fix it?

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

So I'm guessing the Souq ran away with some people's money? That website has been under maintenance for the last 1 month, can't be a good sign? :fear:

yea what happened regarding this

Anyone?

1. Most third party extended warranties are painful, won't give you back full amount
2. 11.5k is a ripoff for a 50k product. 
For 11.5 k they better replace the entire unit if any thing goes wrong at all. But it seems they're not even covering power surge related issues.

Total ripoff.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

I thought you were talking about 3rd party warranty repairs.
So you mean that you bought Ps4 at launch in India with official 1 year warranty and Sony India refused to recognise it as a product, let alone to fix it?
I know that seems a bit strange to me too. Did they really do that?

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Make both, but buy Indian PSN.

Some points to consider -

1) Cloud Saves is only available for the account that purchased PS+. So if you purchased US PS+, it had better be your main account. If you buy US PS+ and use Indian Account, you are deliberately screwing yourself out of cloud saves

2) Indian PSN Game releases are earlier than US releases. If you buy a game on Indian PSN, you will get the game on release day mid-night. If you buy on US PSN, you will get the game next day at around 12:20 pm or 1:00 pm (Indian Time)

3) Devs many times give out bonuses. For example in Persona 5 Royal, devs gave out free themes. If you have the Indian version of the game and progress, you will get it. If you have Indian version of the game and US Progress, you will not get it

4) Prices are pretty much the same and in a lot of cases better in India. The days of only US prices being better are gone. And even if it's better, you still have the option to buy from US Store and run it in all your PSN accounts on the same machine

5) 6000 Rs is the non-sale price for 2 years. On sale, it easily gets to around 4k-4.5k for 2 years. It's just that US is having a sale now, while India/EU is not. But as PS+ is a commitment to a service, choose region carefully, that you will use.

Thanks man. I'd probably go with Indian PS plus for 3k (to get the PS plus collection games) and then extend it whenever there is sale.

8 minutes ago, Crhysis said:

Looked at Onsite Go some years ago when they were just starting off. Not sure if it is still the case, but their business model was more similar to insurance for the device than managing repairs and replacements. 

Yup, my LG dishwasher wasp purchased from croma with onsite go extended warranty. Had a fault a few days back, booked it on onsite go and the service engineer from LG came to assess. The dishwasher was then taken by LG and repairs will be paid for by onsite.

But I repeat, do not buy onsite go warranty anywhere except croma.

2 minutes ago, funjabi said:

Thanks man. I'd probably go with Indian PS plus for 3k (to get the PS plus collection games) and then extend it whenever there is sale.

I bought my ps plus 1 year for 2249 during january sale on psn (got it on 18th jan and people were scaring it was the last day for sale)

even though i dont have my ps4 or ps5 i got it cause it was much cheaper :fear1:

47 minutes ago, Yogaraj said:

I bought my ps plus 1 year for 2249 during january sale on psn (got it on 18th jan and people were scaring it was the last day for sale)

even though i dont have my ps4 or ps5 i got it cause it was much cheaper :fear1:

Haha. This thought came to my mind too but then I wasn't even sure if I'd be getting a ps5 or not. So I didn't buy. 

If you are sure of buying a PS5 in the next few months, it is worth it to get PS Plus now, just to claim the PS Plus games from now till then.

You can add Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Pretty good), Maneater (Looks like fun) and Greedfall (looks OK) along with Destruction All Stars with 2 other games in Feb.

10 minutes ago, Crhysis said:

If you are sure of buying a PS5 in the next few months, it is worth it to get PS Plus now, just to claim the PS Plus games from now till then.

You can add Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Pretty good), Maneater (Looks like fun) and Greedfall (looks OK) along with Destruction All Stars with 2 other games in Feb.

Alongside Ps+ collection

Can we claim these ps plus games on a brand new psn account (that has never been logged into any console) just by activating the membership on the ps store website and claim the games there ? (I don't have a PS console right now and so won't be able to login into a console and claim them till ps5 gets delivered)

3 minutes ago, koolkunz said:

Can we claim these ps plus games on a brand new psn account (that has never been logged into any console) just by activating the membership on the ps store website and claim the games there ? (I don't have a PS console right now and so won't be able to login into a console and claim them till ps5 gets delivered)

Regular ps+ offerings you can add to library via the Web UI. PS collection requires the PS5 console. 

If you aren't getting PS Plus on discount, wait till Wednesday night. Then you can evaluate all 6 free games for Jan and Feb and decide accordingly. Also as long as you buy it before the Feb games come out on the 2nd, you can add all 6 games to your library.

36 minutes ago, koolkunz said:

Just download PS app, login and add the respective games to library. You don't need any console.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I just checked and found out that I redeemed that free Journey and Nathan collection offer quite a while back. Always wanted to play earlier UCs.

UC trilogy and Journey ob boy they are absolute gems. :wub:

Reminds me to have one more go. Left a re run of uc2 a couple of years ago midway. Dat train setpiece 

44 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Regular ps+ offerings you can add to library via the Web UI. PS collection requires the PS5 console. 

37 minutes ago, Crhysis said:

If you aren't getting PS Plus on discount, wait till Wednesday night. Then you can evaluate all 6 free games for Jan and Feb and decide accordingly. Also as long as you buy it before the Feb games come out on the 2nd, you can add all 6 games to your library.

11 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Just download PS app, login and add the respective games to library. You don't need any console.

Ok thanks guys, got it. I already have a 1 year membership code that I bought during black friday sale in November from GTS. So I will just redeem that code and then claim the games for January.

I just checked and found out that I redeemed that free Journey and Nathan collection offer quite a while back. Always wanted to play earlier UCs.
What offer is this? Free games from an earlier month of Playstation plus?