The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, kunjanp said:

They didn't send a notification to everyone. You will receive it only if you enquire them about it. But it only mentions that it will ship on 31st/1st, nothing about guaranteed delivery by 2nd.

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

That is likely just a stock response calculated against the 3rd to 11th Feb delivery estimate. Would be surprised if that is the actual plan (to speak).

Did anyone from here got this response? personally speaking amazon has never responded like this before on enquiring about the product delivery dates. 

7 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Did anyone from here got this response? personally speaking amazon has never responded like this before on enquiring about the product delivery dates. 

Nah, I didn't try to follow up with them because-

a) CCare generally knows nothing.

b) I've learnt my lesson with FK :fear1:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Nah, I didn't try to follow up with them because-

a) CCare generally knows nothing.

b) I've learnt my lesson with FK :fear1:

Tu bhai CC se baat kar hi mat :lol:

Stay as much away from them as possible until you get the console

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

If people who ordered at RD get the console, il be more than happy. Doesn't matter day 2 or 4 lol:rofl:

5 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Fixed

Rusabh's delivery is confirmed. That RD exec ain't getting out of his dungeon until he has powered on the PS5.

anyone worried about the dust buildup and memory overheating? ill keep it in a well ventilated place but reading ps5 forums and seeing soo many people talk about it a bit worrying considering the indian ambient temps

im planning to paste a layer of mesh net (used for pc cabinet fans) on the front intake grill of the PS5, hopefully it wont affect the air flow much

also what do you guys think of the "dust catchers"? its just a gimmick right? Im not suppose to vacuum it ?

8 minutes ago, rawfiul said:

anyone worried about the dust buildup and memory overheating? ill keep it in a well ventilated place but reading ps5 forums and seeing soo many people talk about it a bit worrying considering the indian ambient temps

im planning to paste a layer of mesh net (used for pc cabinet fans) on the front intake grill of the PS5, hopefully it wont affect the air flow much

also what do you guys think of the "dust catchers"? its just a gimmick right? Im not suppose to vacuum it ?

Honestly speaking im just gonna keep it in a nice ventilated position. Read so many things about ps4 pro too. never had a issue.

7 minutes ago, rawfiul said:

i am a professional worrier

i cant help it

If this helps the PS5 stays cool and silent no matter how hard you drive. Dust is an issue for all of us. Just use a suction vacuum maybe once a month to clean out any buildup. And yes keep it as ventilated as possible even if it doesn't behave like a furnace or the SX. Any user made contraptions are more likely to cause damage than mitigate them. 

13 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Honestly speaking im just gonna keep it in a nice ventilated position. Read so many things about ps4 pro too. never had a issue.

Pro V2 units were better in terms of the jet engine issue. I had the V1 which was a Mig21 married to a tractor. Poore building ko pata chal jaata tha Mota game khel raha hai :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

If this helps the PS5 stays cool and silent no matter how hard you drive. Dust is an issue for all of us. Just use a suction vacuum maybe once a month to clean out any buildup. And yes keep it as ventilated as possible even if it doesn't behave like a furnace or the SX. Any user made contraptions are more likely to cause damage than mitigate them. 

Has your unit accumulated dust in those vents catchers yet?

2 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Has your unit accumulated dust in those vents catchers yet?

I haven't gone looking. But I do wipe out dust around the tv unit once a week. To get to the dust catcher, I'll have to remove the flap which seems scary. I'll try it once the backups arrive.