The Playstation 5 thread

21 minutes ago, Angad. said:

Guys, Have two queries:

1. I have a seagate external hdd that I used with the PS4. It has about 1.4tb worth games. Should I just plug and play the hdd on ps5, or should I format it again in extFat format and then download all the games on it again

2. Is it ok to keep the external hdd near a sub? The vibrations of the sub won’t cause any harm to the drive right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.) Should be fine but i formatted the drive just to rule out any glitches and redownloaded all the games.

2.) I wouldn't keep a mechanical hdd near a woofer. Magnets and vibrations will not make a good pair. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Update
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Its in Kolkata right ? you should get it tomorrow if so or 6th not possible..

It is still on-the-way to the outskirts of Kolkata. No change in tracking since 3rd Feb early morning. 

Just now, funjabi said:

No space for it to be placed vertically ?

Would it work fine in this position? I mean heat dissipation wise - there is 3 inch space at the back and I'll ensure the sides have ample space.36-A572-E7-5496-4-B6-C-AE27-5-BE9875-D44

Looks awesome bro. Especially with the led lighting. The PS5 though seems like it's hanging off the edge of the table which could be risky. Someone especially a stupid maid could easily bump into it. 

42 minutes ago, Aercy said:

I seriously think my PS5 is gonna get cancelled due to being lost or untraceable during transit.

14ae33c17b56ce39cd4e56ef2b85082e.jpg

4ecb33e630d4db3ee51a0906998f57a6.jpg

352a9dcdee59566ccaf7596cfbee6f14.jpg

Check the status on ekart tracking site.

they give somewhat more detailed view than flipkart tracker

also they are proceeding very casually so dont worry. You will get it soon.

• Like 1

1.) Should be fine but i formatted the drive just to rule out any glitches and redownloaded all the games.

2.) I wouldn't keep a mechanical hdd near a woofer. Magnets and vibrations will not make a good pair. 

Getting this message when trying to format. It states if I format it then I cannot use it as external storage [emoji15]

a4fc22c2f51d965d5bd3b3a612e4fc2f.jpg

14 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Looks awesome bro. Especially with the led lighting. The PS5 though seems like it's hanging off the edge of the table which could be risky. Someone especially a stupid maid could easily bump into it. 

Thanks bro!

It looks hanging but is securely tucked in with the soundbar so it won't topple or fall :)

Maid has been given her instructions to be extra careful while being near it :D 

Played Fifa next gen on it for some time - looks awesome :D 

4 minutes ago, Angad. said:

Getting this message when trying to format. It states if I format it then I cannot use it as external storage emoji15.png

That's fine... The verbiage is poorly worded. It just means existing drives that use exfat as the file system cannot be straightaway used on the ps5 as extended storage. BC angregi ki maar ke rakhi hai yeh japani log ne :D

So in order to use a hdd/ssd as external storage it has to be formatted via the console itself.

Edited by Jigsaw
Update
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aloy said:

The disc drive is kinda noisy while installing the game..is this normal?

While installing yes. Il know for sure tonight. But that's what I have read accross spectrum.

1 minute ago, Messy said:

Finally zeroed in on JBL QUANTUM 600...ordered! Special thanks to Jigsaw sir and rushaboswal sir ????

Are Bhai sir bolke uncle mat banao Yaar ??? . Aur ha Jab tak order nae Kiya tab tak zeroed in is nothing ?? anyways good luck with your purchase

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The disc drive is kinda noisy while installing the game..is this normal?

Noisy as in? You can hear the disc rotation sound (like a fan moving), which is very loud (sounds even more louder since the ps5 itself is so quiet). Apart from that i do not hear any sound

Copying a game from disc is so painful though!! It’s soooooooooooooo? slow

2 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

While installing yes. Il know for sure tonight. But that's what I have read accross spectrum.

Are Bhai sir bolke uncle mat banao Yaar ??? . Aur ha Jab tak order nae Kiya tab tak zeroed in is nothing ?? anyways good luck with your purchase

Purchased sirrrrrrbbbhhaaaiiiii ? Thanks!