The Playstation 5 thread

12 minutes ago, Angad. said:

Guys, please suggest a longer usb cable to charge the controller via the console. The current one falls short but 3-4ft from my seat emoji20.png

Need a cable that’s atleast 5ft longer than the current one :wallbash:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suggest use a pwoer bank to charge your controller

8 minutes ago, Angad. said:

Should I go for usb-c to usb-c ? Abhi headset aaya to anyways the usb-a port will get blocked

Yes. Get a nice c to c cable amazon basics. Thic 

• Like 1

I suggest use a pwoer bank to charge your controller

Power bank is the fast charger one (max 18W)...someone mentioned that fast charging bricks the controller [emoji51]

Alternatively I have an old Samsung mobile adapter that’s 9v and mentioned adaptive fast charging...scared to use that as well. Pata chale day-1 pe kaput

While playing Astro, I got an error "A problem occurred in the system software". It didn't freeze the console, gave an option to report or cancel. Then I was back in the game at the exact place as before.

I thought the recent update fixed this but Sony still needs to iron these out because many people are facing such errors, sometimes freezing the console.

2 minutes ago, Angad. said:

Power bank is the fast charger one (max 18W)...someone mentioned that fast charging bricks the controller emoji51.png

Alternatively I have an old Samsung mobile adapter that’s 9v and mentioned adaptive fast charging...scared to use that as well. Pata chale day-1 pe kaput

Afaik 18W is the limit to where the charger complies with type C power delivery, where it'll only supply required power by the attached battery. Its those funky dash chargers with massive wattage like Oneplus and Xiaomi that can brick your controller.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Angad. said:

Power bank is the fast charger one (max 18W)...someone mentioned that fast charging bricks the controller emoji51.png

It's ok to be unsure but I have charged all my DS4 on a fast charging station right from day 1. Using an IPad 20w charger now for the dualsense dock. All this frying thing is FUD. The client pulls the power that's suited. The charger doesn't decide this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fatpigeon said:

Bhai log mera ship ho Gaya!! 
itna khush ho gaya ki office ka driver got worried ki Kya ho Gaya 

2 minutes ago, Modern_Ubermensch said:

Mine too,  Tohana ? 

1 minute ago, koolkunz said:

Finally shipped from tohana !

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Angad. said:

Shouldn't be an issue but seeing that people fried their controllers, stay away from 9V chargers. Use a 5V, doesn't matter the amperage. Don't use one which outputs at both 5 and 9V.

Should say on the charger: 5V, 1/2/3/N A

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Afaik 18W is the limit to where the charger complies with type C power delivery, where it'll only supply required power by the attached battery. Its those funky dash chargers with massive wattage like Oneplus and Xiaomi that can brick your controller.

True. 5V or 9V at 18W shouldn't be a problem. But idk how people are still frying their controllers. So better just suggest 5V charging.

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

True. 5V or 9V at 18W shouldn't be a problem. But idk how people are still frying their controllers. So better just suggest 5V charging.

Type C is strict with PD standards so your controller will straight up reject 60W dash charger from Xiaomi. For eg I can't charge my Switch Pro controller with Oneplus charger. But sometimes stuff goes wrong, USB port accepts massive power surge and fks up the battery controller. It was common with micro USB but not so much with type C. Plus the charging port on PS5 is powerful enough to dash charge controllers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Doesn't matter, mine changed to Dispatching now too, i have not ordered or cancelled anything extra.

It can be a conicidence but as soon as I ordered & cancelled MM, ps5 has shipped with delivery by tomorrow. But I believe it had a relation to ordering MM.

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Type C is strict with PD standards so your controller will straight up reject 60W dash charger from Xiaomi. For eg I can't charge my Switch Pro controller with Oneplus charger. But sometimes stuff goes wrong, USB port accepts massive power surge and fks up the battery controller. It was common with micro USB but not so much with type C. Plus the charging port on PS5 is powerful enough to dash charge controllers.

Yeah, I am using my Pixel 2 XL 18W charger to charge DS. Worked fine.