The Playstation 5 thread

3 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

I think barring me everyone else here is using haptics enabled. 

@Assassins Creed and @mhs come to mind off the top of my head. 

Thanks for pointing out! 

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Exactly this issue right ? I got my replacement from FK :dance: but ya no guarantee that it won’t happen again so I have turned the trigger effects to ‘Medium’

Is there a DIY fix video for this? 

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Ha, and I was lucky it was last date for return, playstationdude had ordered for me :hug: I don’t know what happens after the window date, Sony ko call karna padega Shayad..

I think so, the pressure on the R2 takes different turns in shooting games, Mine I thought it was Dirt 5 but it was actually long 6-7 hours of control and it has COD type trigger adoption for gun shots.. 

Yes! Exactly this issue! I have been playing SpiderMan since last couple of weeks and I keep swinging around the map, rarely use fast travel ( but goddamn, it really is fast travel now) and the constant R2 use with the ( weird and not optimized) resistiveness probably gave way.... 

Also, played COD single player campaign with the effect on before this..

I did a search and got back results with people doing 2 things: 

1. Contact Sony to get it repaired via Warranty.

I found the support number on Sony site, they only operate in regular business hours. 

I am not sure what or how long the process is going to be. They will probably ask me to ship it to them which is going to suck as I don't have a car right now.

They took several weeks to send me a new stand. But this is the legit way  

2. Buy a new controller and keep the new one and put the faulty one and get it replaced.

This method is shady at best. Not really sure if the box is tied to the controller in anyway or if the one that comes with the console has different number or whatever. 

I wanted to get a new controller though, So might just buy a new one and send the current one to Sony for repair or replacement.

Only thing is I was hoping that I will buy a second controller when they come out with either updated model or in more colors.

3 hours ago, Aloy said:

Mine is still on but I have turned down the intensity to medium from strong. Currently I'm playing Control which is pretty heavy with its usage of haptics on R2 with every gun. It's one of the most next gen features so I'll keep it on until I grow too tired of it, but only for SP games. It can be a hinderance for MP games.

Will mos def turn down the intensity on the next controller. 

5 minutes ago, adity said:

Yeah imma wait for a hardware revision. The controller was the only legit hardware differentiator. It's f**king stupid if you have turn off these features to keep it from breaking. 

That's what I wanted to do as well. Don't want to turn off the feature. Actually the feature is what is kind of still keeping the game playable for me as it still kicks in and adds back a little bit of the resistance. 

But now, I will probably have to buy a new one. 

7 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

How to turn off adaptive triggers and haptic feedback from settings? Or is it only available in games?

Does Demon Souls use any of these fancy stuffs?

Settings -> Accessories -> Controllers -> Trigger Effect Intensity ->  4 options between Strong (Standard setting), Medium, Weak and Off

Don't know about Demon Souls (haven't played) but if you have played the game and it has it, you would know it. There is a stark change in the feel of the trigger press which is hard to miss. 

• Like 1

Dualsense is f**king awesome:majesty:

Today i turned down my TV vol to 1 and started Demon Souls. I played for an hour like that.

Swords hitting enemies and surfaces, magic piercing enemies,arrowd hitting enemies,blocking,parrying,sound through Duslsense speakers all made such a wonderful experience that i didnt even need Audio. I could feel every action on the screen.

I played god of war for like 5 mins after 1.35 and the same. The Axe recall and that thumping attack was captured perfectly by Dualsense.

Dualsense is a gamechager :majesty:

Edited by hope

5 hours ago, adity said:

Yeah imma wait for a hardware revision. The controller was the only legit hardware differentiator. It's f**king stupid if you have turn off these features to keep it from breaking. 

What happened to your TV analogy from yesterday? :rofl:

Why not just buy a new one if it breaks? 

7 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

ATLEAST he's honest. emoji1787.png

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Yes sincere toh hai. 

7 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Gaming is for fun. Yeh log to bahut serious hain. Sounds like a turf war. lol

"Aap log ko content dekhne ki samajh nahi hai"

My sides hurt! Subscribed!

:lol: turf wars was apt

He may act downright silly but there is a childlike innocence in him that I'm fangirling hard right now. From farting during a livestream and bringing up a topic on muli ke parathe as if that would distract the audience :rofl:

To scratching down there again during a live stream to never giving up and playing for the most primal joy of videogames: Raw Fun

He may not be up everyone's alley as an astute young man fighting his own battles with frustration of prepubsence on this thread, has dismissed him by equating him to an ape, but I have grown to enjoy namokar's work over time. It's that thing so bad it's actually good. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Amazon is OOS for Dualsense. 

Still available on FK/SC. 

Was reading about broken springs/trigger on Reddit. Seems pretty widespread ! @Jigsaw's FOMO is real. :censored:

Arre nahi :spank:

Mine's a psychological problem. No time for Fomo-giri. But in hindsight yes multiple people on ivg itself reporting issues like these is scary. For now just turning off haptics altogether should do fine. 

Use gently lol. It only breaks if you are too aggressive and drop it. Dropping the controller is the best way to mess up analog sticks, it will start drifting.

I think the build quality is pretty solid compared to previous Dualshocks.

Just now, Jigsaw said:

Arre nahi :spank:

Mine's a psychological problem. No time for Fomo-giri. But in hindsight yes multiple people on ivg itself reporting issues like these is scary. For now just turning off haptics altogether should do fine. 

Man, turning the haptics off means you are missing on the real next gen thing. :(

I will just buy a spare one. :ranting:

3 minutes ago, Karooo said:

Use gently lol. It only breaks if you are too aggressive and drop it. Dropping the controller is the best way to mess up analog sticks, it will start drifting.

I think the build quality is pretty solid compared to previous Dualshocks.

Spring is at fault. Many pics posted on Reddit etc. The spring just gave away, and broke in most of the cases. 

12 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Man, turning the haptics off means you are missing on the real next gen thing. :(

I will just buy a spare one. :ranting:

Next gen is on your TV. Yeh vibrations toh dildos mein bhi hote hai. Kya sir aap bhi :doh:

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Karooo said:

This is why I bought an extra controller. Besides alternating between Series X and PS5 will preserve controllers of both consoles till revision arrives.

I got a SX for that very reason :lol:

And SX controllers have no reported issues at least mass scale if I'm not wrong. Those things are built like tanks.

Edited by Jigsaw
Typo

9 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

I got a SX for that very reason :lol:

And SX controllers have reported issues at least mass scale if I'm not wrong. Those things are built like tanks.

Lol my elite still works and I used it too much on Gears 5 multiplayer. Sticks are worn but they can be replaced, there's an extra one in the box if I'm not mistaken. The RB button is f**ked though.

I went through 5 DS4 controllers in 7 years. Two of them broke because they fell down and screwed themselves or they would have worked longer. One I threw in rage :fear:

For Xbox One,  I am still using the original controllers. Three in total (Xbox One + Xbox One X) and Elite. So yeah, Xbox controller is built like a tank.

12 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Next gen is on your TV. Yeh vibrations toh dildos mein bhi hote hai. Kya sir aap bhi :doh:

Kya bhai ! Dildos ka experience nahi hai. 

Adaptive triggers are next gen. The feeling of resistance is awesome tbh. 

Bought a spare off Flipkart. Now Flipkart has only 2 pieces left ! Amazon has only scalpers @ 7k. Croma shows in stock but not adding to cart. ShopatSC and RD still show stocks. 

GG Sony. No warranty on a 6k device. BC kisi lawyer ko bulao. :ranting: