The Playstation 5 thread

14 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

I got a SX for that very reason :lol:

And SX controllers have reported issues at least mass scale if I'm not wrong. Those things are built like tanks.

Just now, Karooo said:

Lol my elite still works and I used it too much on Gears 5 multiplayer. Sticks are worn but they can be replaced, there's an extra one in the box if I'm not mistaken. The RB button is f**ked though.

I went through 5 DS4 controllers in 7 years. Two of them broke because they fell down and screwed themselves or they would have worked longer. One I threw in rage :fear:

For Xbox One,  I am still using the original controllers. Three in total (Xbox One + Xbox One X) and Elite. So yeah, Xbox controller is built like a tank.

Springs are also different. Apparently Sony has been using the same springs for more than a decade, while others have moved on to durable stuff. 

Now with varied trigger sensitivity, looks like the spring cannot keep up, specially in shooters. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Springs are also different. Apparently Sony has been using the same springs for more than a decade, while others have moved on to durable stuff. 

Now with varied trigger sensitivity, looks like the spring cannot keep up, specially in shooters. 

Yeah that's honestly expected. I am just going to disable it and maybe use it on God of War like games. Hell no to multiplayer.

1 minute ago, Karooo said:

Yeah that's honestly expected. I am just going to disable it and maybe use it on God of War like games. Hell no to multiplayer.

Honestly, wouldn't be worried if it carried warranty like most developed countries. But alas, if it breaks, it's your money down the drain. 

I am guessing the spring prices will go up pretty soon. :lol: 

Hopefully we get decent quality ones in India, now with no Aliexpress and Ebay. :censored:

6 minutes ago, Karooo said:

Lol my elite still works and I used it too much on Gears 5 multiplayer. Sticks are worn but they can be replaced, there's an extra one in the box if I'm not mistaken. The RB button is f**ked though.

I went through 5 DS4 controllers in 7 years. Two of them broke because they fell down and screwed themselves or they would have worked longer. One I threw in rage :fear:

For Xbox One,  I am still using the original controllers. Three in total (Xbox One + Xbox One X) and Elite. So yeah, Xbox controller is built like a tank.

Lol sorry I meant no reported issues with SX controllers till date. Yeh dark rum buddhi mand kar deta hai 

Honestly, wouldn't be worried if it carried warranty like most developed countries. But alas, if it breaks, it's your money down the drain. 

I am guessing the spring prices will go up pretty soon. :lol: 

Hopefully we get decent quality ones in India, now with no Aliexpress and Ebay. :censored:

Thanks for the tip 

Raining Money GIF by memecandy

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

Shitty SKUs available at the moment, all with PS4 triggers. Can't find only springs on Amazon. 

I don't bother with the DIY stuff. I was referring to maybe buying some backups if this becomes a tsunami and no stock coming in. :(

Just now, Jigsaw said:

I don't bother with the DIY stuff. I was referring to maybe buying some backups if this becomes a tsunami and no stock coming in. :(

Once I get the 2nd controller, will get some springs and hack it away. No way spending 6k everytime the spring breaks. Itna paisa nahi hai.  :lol:

Once I get the 2nd controller, will get some springs and hack it away. No way spending 6k everytime the spring breaks. Itna paisa nahi hai.  :lol:

Arre just turn off haptics and they should hold up good. Unless ofcourse you're good at dismantling and putting it back together in which case yes best of both worlds. I'm too scared to do that kind of stuff :fear1:

21 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Arre just turn off haptics and they should hold up good. Unless ofcourse you're good at dismantling and putting it back together in which case yes best of both worlds. I'm too scared to do that kind of stuff :fear1:

DS looks doable. Far easier than the Joycons. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

4 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

What happened to your TV analogy from yesterday? :rofl:

Why not just buy a new one if it breaks? 

SAVAGE.

3 hours ago, Karooo said:

This is why I bought an extra controller. Besides alternating between Series X and PS5 will preserve controllers of both consoles till revision arrives.

Even I'm not swithing it off. THat's the actual next gen feature. DS4 build quality was solid so let's see.

2 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

What game?

He was chatting with you

2 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

Even I'm not swithing it off. THat's the actual next gen feature. DS4 build quality was solid so let's see.

He was chatting with you

This thing seems more widespread than oled burn-in :fear1:

And @rushaboswal thanda pad gaya hai jab se PS5 haath laga :(

4 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

This thing seems more widespread than oled burn-in :fear1:

And @rushaboswal thanda pad gaya hai jab se PS5 haath laga :(

Hopefully everyone faces an issue and it's RROD all over again. Sabko free replacement :P