The Playstation 5 thread

40a4119bb8e3325c1d38dd8672047541.jpg

Nearly a week of using this HDD ENCLOSURE (orico 2.5inch ) HDD is 7200 rpm Sea Gate Barracuda

Big issue is that to be aware before buying this is that
The ps5 only at times detects your HDD/SSD on the back USB ports!!

I had it work when i got it the first day then suddenly all my games got corrupt
Further searching on google i came to conclusion to use it Via USB C Port

So i had to order a separate MicroB to Usb C and voila it works as new, no corruptions no issues
Works perfectly

Just beaware that the ps5 does and does not detect the hdd/ssd if you plug it at the back most of the times or at times

Just to be safe get one enclosure or convertor which can be plugged directly to TYPE C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Yogaraj said:

40a4119bb8e3325c1d38dd8672047541.jpg

Nearly a week of using this HDD ENCLOSURE (orico 2.5inch ) HDD is 7200 rpm Sea Gate Barracuda

Big issue is that to be aware before buying this is that
The ps5 only at times detects your HDD/SSD on the back USB ports!!

I had it work when i got it the first day then suddenly all my games got corrupt
Further searching on google i came to conclusion to use it Via USB C Port

So i had to order a separate MicroB to Usb C and voila it works as new, no corruptions no issues
Works perfectly

Just beaware that the ps5 does and does not detect the hdd/ssd if you plug it at the back most of the times or at times

Just to be safe get one enclosure or convertor which can be plugged directly to TYPE C

Using a external ssd on the back USB A port since day 1. No issues. Any of the ports on the console can be used for plugging external storage. Your issue is likely with a faulty controller on the enclosure. 

Using a external ssd on the back USB A port since day 1. No issues. Any of the ports on the console can be used for plugging external storage. Your issue is likely with a faulty controller on the enclosure. 

It worked day one then poof it stopped but then started working perfectly on type c port

It worked day one then poof it stopped but then started working perfectly on type c port

After googling about it alot and redditing

People suggested to use the type c port and it seems it works