The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

A PS symbol that you can rotate to match the console orientation icz5NLh.png?1

The old Sony is dead.

PS2 as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kold_war said:

2023? :rant: Hope this rumor is false....want it next year damn it.  Dont want this fatty ps5 bc :P

Yeah, at least controller version 2 should be released by that time so that it can be purchased without worry of the stick drift, trigger problems etc

still might be worth to release a ps5 pro for playing high resolution 60fps with ray tracing. Currently you have to choose one or the other in most cases and miss out 

1 minute ago, 0verlord said:

Yeah, at least controller version 2 should be released by that time so that it can be purchased without worry of the stick drift, trigger problems etc

still might be worth to release a ps5 pro for playing high resolution 60fps with ray tracing. Currently you have to choose one or the other in most cases and miss out 

That can be said for the Xbox as well, it too has trigger issues and stick drift, hell even the super elite $200 controllers have that issue.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

That can be said for the Xbox as well, it too has trigger issues and stick drift, hell even the super elite $200 controllers have that issue.

aren’t controller issues much more prominent with ps5 controller?

Yes having to choose is a problem with both so there’s a good case for Ps5 Pro and Xbox Series X X

4 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

aren’t controller issues much more prominent with ps5 controller?

Yes having to choose is a problem with both so there’s a good case for Ps5 Pro and Xbox Series X X

How many here have that issue, even on resetera, the amount of people who have stick drift is super low. Obviously you will hear more of people who have the problem then those who don't.

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

How many here have that issue, even on resetera, the amount of people who have stick drift is super low. Obviously you will hear more of people who have the problem then those who don't.

Also more PS5s out there than XSX, so more complaints :P 

46 minutes ago, Snake said:

I don't. Never bothered with switching off haptic or triggers, using them as is. No drifting either. 

Only gripe is it gets dirty fast, considering getting one of those rubber cases. 

Edit: Not to mention there's 3-4 times more PS5s out there compared to XSXs. So yeah, even if the percentage of faults is similar, the count of DS would be more.

Edited by gecko89

4 minutes ago, adity said:

Many people on this forum itself have had issues with the triggers failing and what not. Most have actually turned off adaptive triggers and haptic so that the controller doesn't get f**ked. 

True, I have turned adaptive off and only use haptics. But still the R2 on both of my controllers feels loose now and I have only played Astro + GOT yet. 

And MS charges 3-4 times more for their xbox elite controller and that has drifting issues too. 

And before someone says it's in a very small number of units, it was big enough for a lawsuit to be filed, and MS wants to settle it out of court :D

https://in.pcmag.com/controllers-accessories/140042/microsoft-wants-xbox-controller-drifting-lawsuit-settled-out-of-court

15 minutes ago, AnK said:

“Feels loose” doesn’t really qualify for not working properly 

I guess more ppl who have actual unusable problems with the controller need to speak up 

I haven’t been following anything lately 

but I guess we should make a list of ppl who are facing unusable issues 

By feels loose I mean that it isn't normal. It certainly feels like the spring has lost tension and it is not activating at slight presses like it did on Day 1. Sometimes it registers a press by just touching. So it's certainly faulty.

But seeing that people are getting replacements and warranty is applicable, I am not too concerned. Will get it replaced in future.

Edited by kunjanp

7 hours ago, roun90 said:

The fact that they had put in an actual physical PS2 in there just for BC was mind-blowing. Too bad people did not appreciate BC then and Sony gave it up (Though for some reason people are shouting BC now). Always appreciate good BC.

BC is always a funny thing. People are very vocal about it online, but the actual usage numbers might not back it up. That must be why MS has mostly given up on it too, and they pumped a LOT of money in and gave it sufficient time to show results.