The Playstation 5 thread

40 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Full Astro's OST released: https://soundtracks.lnk.to/astrosplayroom

All major music platforms supported. 

So EPIC, specially the GPU one. :punk:

The GPU Jungle theme is :wOOtjumpy:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

They need a Direct Show for Life is Strange and all those other flop titles now? LIS is a Telltale game in all but name anyway. Way to have nothing to talk about, but boss makes a presentation compulsary :rofl:

Have a show if you're announcing/revealing more of FF7 Remake Part 2, FF16 etc. Have a proper full show with concerts and everything if you're announcing remakes of Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy 9 or Chrono Trigger in the same vein as FF7 Remake (one can dream right?). No need for a LiS show or even a Tomb Raider Show (After the travesty that was SOTR).

Frankly, for everything on that list, just drop a Youtube Trailer, and it will get the job done. No need to have an entire show on it and hype it up. For SE right now, their "hyped up" and "high expectation" games are only from the Japanese Studio not the Western one.

Completely agree. If they have anything to show w.r.t. Babylons fall, new Kh, ff7 remake part 2, or fingers crossed ff9 remake similar to ff7 , it makes sense to do a presentation.

Although its SE, and I remember the E3 where they spoke about the box art for FF15 for 1 hour straight:mellow:

Edited by playstationdude

21 hours ago, VamosReva said:

Also the SSD speedway theme. 

EESS EESS DEEEE :rofl:

It was stuck in my mind for way too long

and now you've made me remember it all again :chair:

• Haha 1

Guys need help

So I was playing The last Guardian on ps5 (disc ) to enjoy 60fps.. but that 1.3 patch is getting updated automatically even when auto update/install option is turned off, making it 30fps..

Any idea? Shud I manually pause/cancel update every time?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, adity said:

Yes that's how it works normally. Updates start downloading when you start a game. You have to cancel everytime. 

Damn. And that update is small one so if I'm just late by few mins the update is already done :wallbash:

Thanks btw 

Hi all, i was sure that i would buying PS5 after an year or so(in early 2022) but tables really have turned , when microsoft acquired bethesda, i was a PS4 gamer and loved almost all the single player narrative games published by them (enjoyed almost all of them), i didnt really like many bethesda games during this gen except wolfenstein :).

I got into ps4 in 2016 so got the games at relatively cheap price but buying ps5 in 2022 would certainly meaning spending atleast 3000 for all games, which is too much. 

During my time with PS4 the only game i bought for 4000 was RDR2(totally worth it), except it i almost got all the games for 2000 or less, xbox series is looking better in almost every way except the single player narrative games. Bethesda is also not known for such games but i really want to play starfield and ESVI. But man... game pass is so good... to be honest almost all playstation games are necessity for me and i wont like to miss out on them.. So plz suggest what shall i do. Get only one of them or getting a xss along with ps5 disc edition  (so that my main gaming platform remains playstation and could play most EA and bethesda games for cheap on game pass on xbox series s) resolution doesnt matter at all. I only have 1080p tv in my room and have no plans to upgrade it any time soon coz its Plasma :) 

And plz tell me whether i even would have time to play all these games on ps and xbox coz i wont have time to play all games coz i would only be playing in semester breaks.. many of you could also tell me from your college and gaming experience..

Edited by UxoriousHades03

1 minute ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

Hi all, i was sure that i would buying PS5 after an year or so(in early 2022) but tables really have turned , when microsoft acquired bethesda, i was a PS4 gamer and loved almost all the single player narrative games published by them (enjoyed almost all of them), i didnt really like many bethesda games during this gen except wolfenstein :).

I got into ps4 in 2016 so got the games at relatively cheap price but buying ps5 in 2022 would certainly meaning spending atleast 3000 for all games, which is too much. 

During my time with PS4 the only game i bought for 4000 was RDR2(totally worth it), except it i almost got all the games for 2000 or less, xbox series is looking better in almost every way except the single player narrative games. Bethesda is also not known for such games but i really want to play starfield and ESVI. But man... game pass is so good... to be honest almost all playstation games are necessity for me and i wont like to miss out on them.. So plz suggest what shall i do. Get only one of them or getting a xss along with ps5 disc edition  (so that my main gaming platform remains playstation and could play most EA and bethesda games for cheap on game pass on xbox series s) resolution doesnt matter at all. I only have 1080p tv in my room and have no plans to upgrade it any time soon coz its Plasma :) 

Get a ps5 now and a series x 2 years down when it becomes cheaper. You'll not see a new bethesda game before 2022 anyway and the current ones for 2021 are already releasing on ps5.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Get a ps5 now and a series x 2 years down when it becomes cheaper. You'll not see a new bethesda game before 2022 anyway and the current ones for 2021 are already releasing on ps5.

from your experience what do you think that at this stage does gamepass have any single player narrative games (though i desperately want to play Forza horizon 4)

2 minutes ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

from your experience what do you think that at this stage does gamepass have any single player narrative games (though i desperately want to play Forza horizon 4)

It does have a few, such as Gears of war and Medium, but the quality of PS exclusives outshines xbox by a big margin at this time. One of the things I'm really enjoying on Xbox is the amazing Backwards compatibility but If I had to choose between a PS and Xbox, I would pick PS.

And do you find game pass to be really worth it , it surely looks inticing , but are there enough quality games coz PS PLUS is trying its best with its monthly games and its PS plus collection as well. And plz tell me about xbox after sales service like controller replacement( that happeneed with me when my ps4 was in warranty as well, they replaced it for me and it was very near to my residence so no issues from sony's side) and to be honest what i think is even indians are more into playstation so used games would be cheaper as well 

40 minutes ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

And plz tell me whether i even would have time to play all these games on ps and xbox coz i wont have time to play all games coz i would only be playing in semester breaks.. many of you could also tell me from your college and gaming experience..

get XSX now, play GP games. next gen games like Dirt 5 also get added to GP. 2-3 years later buy ps5 when there is a substantial exclusives library built up with reasonable prices and many launch day hardware bugs will be solved by then in new hardware versions. I think this is an optimum management of gaming costs

Just now, 0verlord said:

get XSX now, play GP games. next gen games like Dirt 5 also get added to GP. 2-3 years later buy ps5 when there is a substantial exclusives library built up with reasonable prices and many launch day hardware bugs will be solved by then in new hardware versions. I think this is an optimum management of gaming costs

thanks i would take it into consideration :) 

47 minutes ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

Plz suggest what should be my first choice gaming console then , i am a bit skeptical whether i would be allowed to get a second console

5 minutes ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

And do you find game pass to be really worth it , it surely looks inticing , but are there enough quality games coz PS PLUS is trying its best with its monthly games and its PS plus collection as well. And plz tell me about xbox after sales service like controller replacement( that happeneed with me when my ps4 was in warranty as well, they replaced it for me and it was very near to my residence so no issues from sony's side) and to be honest what i think is even indians are more into playstation so used games would be cheaper as well 

Used game market even on IVG is mainly comprised of PS games, so it would make sense to get a Ps5 first if you want to enjoy all those exclusives and AAA games at a relatively cheaper price.

I don't think anyone over here (or maybe a few) bought XSX to have it as the main platform for disc based games. Main reason is Gamepass and no matter who tries to convince you otherwise, at 8k for 3yrs, it's a steal. 

I personally bought Ps5 at launch and just couple of days ago I got XSX and here's why. For me personally, there aren't any exclusives on PS which I haven't played already or any true next gen game currently. You can make the argument for Demon Soul's but I don't play those kind of games.

So to play games outside of this set, I would have to shell out 2/3/4k per game, obviously I can sell them and end up playing a game for 500-1000 bucks but that cycle still takes time.

There are people who generally don't play many games and that was me too but I realised that I started playing for almost 3x the time when I had access to a library such as PS collection because I didn't have to pay for each of them and put in the effort to get rid of them.

Hence having such a huge library on GP with addition of future first party games, not to forgot the 100+hrs I will end up sinking in FH4 plus many games I am interested in, the value proposition is just too good.

But obviously, I have time to sink in the games. If you don't get much time then GP won't be of great use for you and you are better off with Ps5.

For replacements, the process is certainly more involved for Xbox as compared to PS but you can get it done.

1 minute ago, kunjanp said:

Used game market even on IVG is mainly comprised of PS games, so it would make sense to get a Ps5 first if you want to enjoy all those exclusives and AAA games at a relatively cheaper price.

I don't think anyone over here (or maybe a few) bought XSX to have it as the main platform for disc based games. Main reason is Gamepass and no matter who tries to convince you otherwise, at 8k for 3yrs, it's a steal. 

I personally bought Ps5 at launch and just couple of days ago I got XSX and here's why. For me personally, there aren't any exclusives on PS which I haven't played already or any true next gen game currently. You can make the argument for Demon Soul's but I don't play those kind of games.

So to play games outside of this set, I would have to shell out 2/3/4k per game, obviously I can sell them and end up playing a game for 500-1000 bucks but that cycle still takes time.

There are people who generally don't play many games and that was me too but I realised that I started playing for almost 3x the time when I had access to a library such as PS collection because I didn't have to pay for each of them and put in the effort to get rid of them.

Hence having such a huge library on GP with addition of future first party games, not to forgot the 100+hrs I will end up sinking in FH4 plus many games I am interested in, the value proposition is just too good.

But obviously, I have time to sink in the games. If you don't get much time then GP won't be of great use for you and you are better off with Ps5.

For replacements, the process is certainly more involved for Xbox as compared to PS but you can get it done.

yeah the major issue for me would be time, i wont be able to play even 10% of what GP offers and i am certainly all in for ps exlcusives :) 

Thanks a lot :)