The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

Hi all, i was sure that i would buying PS5 after an year or so(in early 2022) but tables really have turned , when microsoft acquired bethesda, i was a PS4 gamer and loved almost all the single player narrative games published by them (enjoyed almost all of them), i didnt really like many bethesda games during this gen except wolfenstein :).

I got into ps4 in 2016 so got the games at relatively cheap price but buying ps5 in 2022 would certainly meaning spending atleast 3000 for all games, which is too much. 

During my time with PS4 the only game i bought for 4000 was RDR2(totally worth it), except it i almost got all the games for 2000 or less, xbox series is looking better in almost every way except the single player narrative games. Bethesda is also not known for such games but i really want to play starfield and ESVI. But man... game pass is so good... to be honest almost all playstation games are necessity for me and i wont like to miss out on them.. So plz suggest what shall i do. Get only one of them or getting a xss along with ps5 disc edition  (so that my main gaming platform remains playstation and could play most EA and bethesda games for cheap on game pass on xbox series s) resolution doesnt matter at all. I only have 1080p tv in my room and have no plans to upgrade it any time soon coz its Plasma :) 

And plz tell me whether i even would have time to play all these games on ps and xbox coz i wont have time to play all games coz i would only be playing in semester breaks.. many of you could also tell me from your college and gaming experience..

Back when I was in college, times were quite different, there was barely any reason to even consider xbox. This gen its a good competitor only thanks to gamepass. Apart from that, every almost every multiplat game seems to run slightly better on ps5 and nothing on team Green comes close to PS exclusives and probably won't for atleast another year or two. Besides, since your gaming time is limited, it would be ideal to play the best games available, PS used games market is much better here in IVG as well as india in general, buy-play-sell works out to about 200~800 per game. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Get a ps5 now and a series x 2 years down when it becomes cheaper. You'll not see a new bethesda game before 2022 anyway and the current ones for 2021 are already releasing on ps5.

+1
This is the easiest decision to make and also something I plan to do too. 

There’s nothing you’ll miss on Xbox at least for the next 2-3 years. 

Personally I would miss only MS Flight Sim 2020. 

Also, PS Plus is a great alternative to game pass. It’s been on fire lately. 

I tried PS5's rest mode for the second time since I got it, and it wasn't booting up. Just flashing lights. Had to force a reboot using the power button. Goddamn almost gave me a heart attack. Rest mode never again

Edit:

Also, wanted a second opinion on the next game to play. Here are my options:

1. Monster Hunter world

2. FFXV Royal Edition

3. Days Gone

4. Last Guardian

All of these games interest me one way or another. Leaning towards FFXV as it would be first FF game and maybe it will prep me for FFXVI. The only issue is I will only be able to play for a few hours on weekends.

Edited by Aloy

11 minutes ago, Aloy said:

I tried PS5's rest mode for the second time since I got it, and it wasn't booting up. Just flashing lights. Had to force a reboot using the power button. Goddamn almost gave me a heart attack. Rest mode never again

This is an HDMI handshake issue. 

Generally speaking, the PS5's rest mode is working fine.. but it glitches out with certian TVs/monitors. 

Sometimes, turning off HDR FROM PS5's settings can fix it. 

But it's better not to use, in your case. 

16 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Edit:

1. Monster Hunter world

2. FFXV Royal Edition

3. Days Gone

4. Last Guardian

All of these games interest me one way or another. Leaning towards FFXV as it would be first FF game and maybe it will prep me for FFXVI. The only issue is I will only be able to play for a few hours on weekends.

Days Gone.

That 60 fps patch

Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

6 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

This is an HDMI handshake issue. 

Generally speaking, the PS5's rest mode is working fine.. but it glitches out with certian TVs/monitors. 

Sometimes, turning off HDR FROM PS5's settings can fix it. 

But it's better not to use, in your case. 

My TV isn't even HDR supported so it's probably not that. For now I'll stay away from it. Not worth the risk.

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Days Gone.

That 60 fps patch

Stephen Colbert Chefs Kiss GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

How long is it?

2 hours ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

Hi all, i was sure that i would buying PS5 after an year or so(in early 2022) but tables really have turned , when microsoft acquired bethesda, i was a PS4 gamer and loved almost all the single player narrative games published by them (enjoyed almost all of them), i didnt really like many bethesda games during this gen except wolfenstein :).

I got into ps4 in 2016 so got the games at relatively cheap price but buying ps5 in 2022 would certainly meaning spending atleast 3000 for all games, which is too much. 

During my time with PS4 the only game i bought for 4000 was RDR2(totally worth it), except it i almost got all the games for 2000 or less, xbox series is looking better in almost every way except the single player narrative games. Bethesda is also not known for such games but i really want to play starfield and ESVI. But man... game pass is so good... to be honest almost all playstation games are necessity for me and i wont like to miss out on them.. So plz suggest what shall i do. Get only one of them or getting a xss along with ps5 disc edition  (so that my main gaming platform remains playstation and could play most EA and bethesda games for cheap on game pass on xbox series s) resolution doesnt matter at all. I only have 1080p tv in my room and have no plans to upgrade it any time soon coz its Plasma :) 

And plz tell me whether i even would have time to play all these games on ps and xbox coz i wont have time to play all games coz i would only be playing in semester breaks.. many of you could also tell me from your college and gaming experience..

steps:

1. make a list (in the order of priority) of games which you really want to play .

2. check which platform those games are available in.

3. if majority are multiplats, check which platform are those games cheaper on (both digital and disc).

this should help you organize your thoughts. Don't buy XSX just because of gamepass or PS5 just because most people buy that. Buy the one which has the games you want to play and has them on the cheap.

personal opinion: XSS at 35K is too costly. Keep that out of the equation unless there is a price drop. Dont buy last gen models as the QoL improvements are gamechangers. They help you get in and out of games in literally 5 seconds - perfect for people who dont get long contiguous hours to play. 

1 minute ago, WhatsInTheName said:

steps:

1. make a list (in the order of priority) of games which you really want to play .

2. check which platform those games are available in.

3. if majority are multiplats, check which platform are those games cheaper on (both digital and disc).

this should help you organize your thoughts. Don't buy XSX just because of gamepass or PS5 just because most people buy that. Buy the one which has the games you want to play and has them on the cheap.

personal opinion: XSS at 35K is too costly. Keep that out of the equation unless there is a price drop. Dont buy last gen models as the QoL improvements are gamechangers. They help you get in and out of games in literally 5 seconds - perfect for people who dont get long contiguous hours to play. 

Following your steps its very clear that obviously sony is my way to go, i have played their almost every exclusive and for me every single one of them is a system seller, they have knocked it out of park TBH this gen, and if  PS5 is too promising from very beginning, which PS4 wasnt till 2016(in my opinion), PS5 would do much better. in case of xbox its more like investing in it with an intent that the future would be bright for xbox... but for ps5 it already is 

Just now, UxoriousHades03 said:

Following your steps its very clear that obviously sony is my way to go, i have played their almost every exclusive and for me every single one of them is a system seller, they have knocked it out of park TBH this gen, and if  PS5 is too promising from very beginning, which PS4 wasnt till 2016(in my opinion), PS5 would do much better. in case of xbox its more like investing in it with an intent that the future would be bright for xbox... but for ps5 it already is 

there you go buddy. Excellent choice!

someone gets GIF

6 minutes ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

Bro, you'll be buying in 2022, after JEE most probably, that's April 2022. So make this decision then, a lot of time for value proposition to change. You are putting effort in too early.

1 hour ago, Aloy said:

Edit:

1. Monster Hunter world

2. FFXV Royal Edition

3. Days Gone

4. Last Guardian

FFXV is meh. Royal fixed some of the issues but its still big meh.

Just now, kunjanp said:

Bro, you'll be buying in 2022, after JEE most probably, that's April 2022. So make this decision then, a lot of time for value proposition to change. You are putting effort in too early.

lol you are very much right, from monday my coaching would commence of class 12th, and day before yesterday i looked at bethesda deal(before it i thought that microsoft atleast wont make bethesda games exclusive coz playstation userbase is too big), but after spencers statement, i went into panic mode lol..

What do you think is there any possibility that GP could come to PS5(sounds outlandish i know) because spencer stresses that bethesda exclusivity is on platforms supporting game pass, and they are trying to force sony and nintendo to adopt it..

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

FFXV is meh. Royal fixed some of the issues but its still big meh.

Damn. Now you have made me more doubtful lol.

Next in line was MHW but Snake said Days gone is a good choice. 

3 minutes ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

lol you are very much right, from monday my coaching would commence of class 12th, and day before yesterday i looked at bethesda deal(before it i thought that microsoft atleast wont make bethesda games exclusive coz playstation userbase is too big), but after spencers statement, i went into panic mode lol..

What do you think is there any possibility that GP could come to PS5(sounds outlandish i know) because spencer stresses that bethesda exclusivity is on platforms supporting game pass, and they are trying to force sony and nintendo to adopt it..

Don't see that happening, if it does, they might as well shutdown xbox production.