The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, Aloy said:

I tried PS5's rest mode for the second time since I got it, and it wasn't booting up. Just flashing lights. Had to force a reboot using the power button. Goddamn almost gave me a heart attack. Rest mode never again

Edit:

Also, wanted a second opinion on the next game to play. Here are my options:

1. Monster Hunter world

2. FFXV Royal Edition

3. Days Gone

4. Last Guardian

All of these games interest me one way or another. Leaning towards FFXV as it would be first FF game and maybe it will prep me for FFXVI. The only issue is I will only be able to play for a few hours on weekends.

Ff15 is pretty decent, but imo play FF7 remake if this is your first timr playing FF. That game ia pretty much the pinnacle of the series.

5 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Ff15 is pretty decent, but imo play FF7 remake if this is your first timr playing FF. That game ia pretty much the pinnacle of the series.

That would have been the choice thanks to PS+ but I spoiled myself during the launch period by following Max's (a YT) playthrough in parts:P

13 minutes ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

lol you are very much right, from monday my coaching would commence of class 12th, and day before yesterday i looked at bethesda deal(before it i thought that microsoft atleast wont make bethesda games exclusive coz playstation userbase is too big), but after spencers statement, i went into panic mode lol..

What do you think is there any possibility that GP could come to PS5(sounds outlandish i know) because spencer stresses that bethesda exclusivity is on platforms supporting game pass, and they are trying to force sony and nintendo to adopt it..

Gamepass ain't coming to PS so don't base your decisions on that.

11 minutes ago, Aloy said:

That would have been the choice thanks to PS+ but I spoiled myself during the launch period by following Max's (a YT) playthrough in parts:P

Well, you can play FF15 for its beautiful open world.  The games themselves are not connected in anyway, so you don't need to worry about it for getting into FF16, but the open world is beaitiful in 15. I also liked the story and gameplay (its pure hack and slash btw)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Ponies panicking lol.. Now we getting dedicated threads :rofl:...

Ank, you must call emergency meeting to calm them down bro :P

You spend more time here nagging about what playstation users get or don't get to play than celebrating what you do get.

A new user is asking for opinions on what to invest in and all you see is pony vony stuff. If you could give him a valid opinion on why he should consider xsx, that would be useful. 

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Well, you can play FF15 for its beautiful open world.  The games themselves are not connected in anyway, so you don't need to worry about it for getting into FF16, but the open world is beaitiful in 15. I also liked the story and gameplay (its pure hack and slash btw)

Alright then. I guess I'll do FFXV and mix in TLG somewhere, 'cause I've been putting that on hold for literally years. I have to see what the mind behind Shadow of the Colossus came up with. It's a short game so (~15 hours acc. to google) so I'll be fine.

3 hours ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

lol you are very much right, from monday my coaching would commence of class 12th, and day before yesterday i looked at bethesda deal(before it i thought that microsoft atleast wont make bethesda games exclusive coz playstation userbase is too big), but after spencers statement, i went into panic mode lol..

What do you think is there any possibility that GP could come to PS5(sounds outlandish i know) because spencer stresses that bethesda exclusivity is on platforms supporting game pass, and they are trying to force sony and nintendo to adopt it..

It's too far. Ask this question again after JEE and you will get good advice over here. Also, if you ever need any help with JEE prep, you can always ping me. Good luck!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, adity said:

@Shantz Can you please remove XSX from the telegram tracker. I think everyone has it for now and most of us are more interested in PS5 now. 

Sure, I will ask once in the xbox thread and remove if no one replies today.

So another weird thing occurred with my PS5.

Was playing FFXV, with a headphone connected to the DS when all of the sudden the music started lagging and cracking. The game was working fine but the OS's menu were lagging too. Restarting the game didn't fix it. Had to restart the console and for now it's back to normal. 

This thing is not even 2 months old damnit.

4 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Was playing FFXV, with a headphone connected to the DS when all of the sudden the music started lagging and cracking. The game was working fine but the OS's menu were lagging too. Restarting the game didn't fix it. Had to restart the console and for now it's back to normal. 

Seems like software side of issues. Software is buggy as hell , should improve over time.

30 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Happened to me too while playing COD. for me dualsense batteries were dying which was causing the issue once I reconnected the controller...(on/off controller) and it was back to normal.

Edited by KrIzAliD

15 minutes ago, KrIzAliD said:

Happened to me too while playing COD. for me dualsense batteries were dying which was causing the issue once I reconnected the controller...(on/off controller) and it was back to normal.

That was my suspicion too but mine was fully charged at the time.