The Playstation 5 thread

8 hours ago, KrIzAliD said:

any update on when we can expect the next big update for PS5 OS? which will have NVMe support.

Sony has forgotten that they released a console a few months ago lol.

3 minutes ago, Divu Mehta said:

Hi Guys,

I needed a suggestion over Xbox Series S or waiting for PS5. I have made a comment on the X/S thread. Would love to see your take on it. Pls check it. 

IMO,

Series S is a very very bad deal over series X/PS5. Games are already falling behind on Series S and in the future the disparity will grow even larger b/w the S and X version of games. A console lasts over 4-5 years so an initial investment of 10K more is worth it in the long run.

As for Series X vs PS5, it depends on the games. Are you interested in PS exclusives? If not, Series X seems like a better choice simply because of gamepass. X's GPU is better than PS5's, and the SSD advantage of PS5 over X is not considerable. 1-2 seconds faster load times < Higher rez/better performing games in the potential future.

Just now, Aloy said:

Sony has forgotten that they released a console a few months ago lol.

IMO,

Series S is a very very bad deal over series X/PS5. Games are already falling behind on Series S and in the future the disparity will grow even larger b/w the S and X version of games. A console lasts over 4-5 years so an initial investment of 10K more is worth it in the long run.

As for Series X vs PS5, it depends on the games. Are you interested in PS exclusives? If not, Series X seems like a better choice simply because of gamepass. X's GPU is better than PS5's, and the SSD advantage of PS5 over X is not considerable. 1-2 seconds faster load times < Higher rez/better performing games in the potential future.

Thanks. 

I will Google about the disparity in X/S.

But would it impact 1080p 60fps gaming as well? I get that 4k will be a big gap.

20 minutes ago, Divu Mehta said:

Hi Guys,

I needed a suggestion over Xbox Series S or waiting for PS5. I have made a comment on the X/S thread. Would love to see your take on it. Pls check it. 

Wait for Ps5. There isn't even a question.

7 minutes ago, Divu Mehta said:

Thanks. 

I will Google about the disparity in X/S.

But would it impact 1080p 60fps gaming as well? I get that 4k will be a big gap.

Yes. We are still in the cross-gen period but we already have <60FPS (minor) drops on some S games, whereas the X version performs fine. 2-3 years down the line when devs actually start pushing X/PS5, Series S would suffer.

It's not exactly the same thing, but PS4 pro was just supposed to be a 4K PS4 but over time it became the 30FPS device whereas base PS4 owners were left with badly performing sub-30/20fps games (like Genshin impact)

Edited by Aloy

20 minutes ago, Divu Mehta said:

Hi Guys,

Do not buy a Series S. Either get a SX or PS5.

6 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Yes. We are still in the cross-gen period but we already have <60FPS (minor) drops on some S games, whereas the X version performs fine. 2-3 years down the line when devs actually start pushing X/PS5, Series S would suffer.

It's not exactly the same thing, but PS4 pro was just supposed to be a 4K PS4 but over time it became the 30FPS device whereas base PS4 owners were left with badly performing sub-30/20fps games (like Genshin impact)

Thanks Bro. I really want to start gaming soon. But I  will have to wait, now??

35 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Are yall keeping the PS5 vertical or horizontal? 

Horizontal when not in use (as vertically it comes in view of my TV due to spacing issues).

When using - I tend to place it vertically on the floor to allow for better air-flow.

So place it vertically if you have space and proper ventilation. Else - horizontal works too.

36 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Horizontal, simply because there's no space on TV stand to place it vertical. Vertical on the center table would block the view. 

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Horizontal - because vertical mode is causing a grinding noise when ejecting the disc (seen this issue with many people). 

Edited by VamosReva