The Playstation 5 thread

12 minutes ago, AnK said:

The Order was unanimously hated 

Until Dawn already got spiritual sequels 

Yea, this is where things get subjective. I thought the world of the Order was really unique and well realised. Really well acted too, and the detail was off the charts. Days Gone on the other hand came at the end of a zombie pop culture wave that’s kind of been running out of steam. Maybe if it had launched a bit sooner, it would’ve attracted a bigger audience. Tough to tell.

In any case, as concepts, the knights of the round table vs. werewolves and vampires > bikers vs. zombies :D I tried Days Gone on the PS5 recently. It’s alright, but it’s tough to take tattooed bikers seriously. And the lead does mumble quite a bit. Not really an opinion shared by many here, I know.

What spiritual sequels to until dawn? The dark anthology series? Those are really, really bad. I tried the first part on game pass and couldn’t finish it. Maybe Until Dawn was a one off.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yep you are absolutely right sirji 

Ppl should follow what’s being reported 

rather than what’s reflective 

Again I need a break 

Wouldn’t you agree that what’s reported is sometimes also reflective (which is why you always want excellent sources/papers working on this stuff)? Was Anthem development not a mess? Would you want a world without the Hindu or Tehelka not uncovering/exposing Bofors, etc.? I’m just saying don’t hate on good investigative journalism just because it doesn’t fit your agenda. 

Edited by Keyofx
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You don't think Sony FP games have a distinct identity like Nintendo games do? 

Third person action adventure is a very broad term, you can put Zelda, open level Mario and Xenoblade in it too. Sony also puts out unique games that nobody buys, like Concrete Genie or Astrobot.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

They Disney now. Only big budget blockbuster extravaganza. 

Yea, that’s a tough one. They’re fun movies, lol. I wonder if Disney has an indie label like Fox Searchlight or Sony Classics. They’ve been burying awesome ex-Fox indies such as The Quiet Man. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

That's cool and all, but it's important to have a diverse genre of games. lot of hidden gems come via such games.

Top be fair, nothing Naughty Dog does could ever be classified as hidden. Anything they put out would have a huge chunk of Sony’s marketing $s behind it. They just need to work on interesting stuff other than Uncharted. Like their space game. They really seem to want to do that from all the TLOU space references.

Journey was a good example of creative first party indie. Plenty of Japan Studio games too. The good thing is that a lot of indies are picking up the slack, and profitably at that. It just requires a bit more exploring from the casual crowd who only focus on first party stuff.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's very understandable tbh. When your company is under performing, you can take risks because your investors don't expect as much of you. Sony is just hitting gold with everything they touch for the last few years which has raised their stock price and their expected IRR to high. They need to keep making that much returns which means they can't squander money on projects which might not make as much money. Remember, a decent profit doesn't cut it anymore. Their management has to make super returns on right about everything to sustain their stock price. 

Also when there’s pressure to grow gaming to make up for the weak performance of other BUs. That just doubles the pressure. Their camera sensor unit also does well, I think.

Edited by Keyofx

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

Until journalism doesn’t reflect what is being reported 

it doesn’t become good journalism 

but anyway pls carry on 

So, defence kickbacks aren’t a thing globally?

No worries, man. I gave you a few examples of good investigative journalism. There’s plenty more in gaming and outside of. Peace.

5 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:
9 minutes ago, AnK said:

I can’t say about others but your agenda is pretty straight forward :giggle: 

BTW Kojima also works on “Japani” games my friend 

glad that you know it :giggle: 

Y are we doing this again ?

You two lou each other, just admit it.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, AnK said:

That’s why I specifically mentioned “can’t say about others “ 

Coz the one’s who have the new found love 

are totally normal 

But the hardcore fanboys have a very obvious predictable behaviour 

I myself am on the verge of having to decide which to buy first when the right time comes 

which is again totally normal behaviour given the fact that M$ is implying that they are ready to take things neck & neck this gen 

Bro, I think you should take a break, you'll one day get baited, post something stupid and get banned or suspended

PlayStation has their own way of communication , sucks for the hardcore but it worked last year

Lot of BS gets posted these days. Remember when re8 was struggling to run last year and people going mad about it ?

Screenshot_20210409-153040_Chrome.png

Edited by 'Pranay
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, AnK said:

I myself am on the verge of having to decide which to buy first when the right time comes 

which is again totally normal behaviour given the fact that M$ is implying that they are ready to take things neck & neck this gen 

But again your 'trust' factor comes in yea.. Remember the 360 days bro.. those backstabs by MS!! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 'Pranay said:

PlayStation has their own way of communication , sucks for the hardcore but it worked last year

Lot of BS gets posted these days. Remember when re8 was struggling to run last year and people going mad about it ?

Screenshot_20210409-153040_Chrome.png

There's definitely a narrative being built, although Sony don't helping by staying quiet. Tons of games/pitched get cancelled even before they are announced and teams get shuffle around to help with other things.

But hey, Jim Ryan needs to be fired cause he's the devil.

2 hours ago, Keyofx said:

Yea, this is where things get subjective. I thought the world of the Order was really unique and well realised. Really well acted too, and the detail was off the charts. Days Gone on the other hand came at the end of a zombie pop culture wave that’s kind of been running out of steam. Maybe if it had launched a bit sooner, it would’ve attracted a bigger audience. Tough to tell.

In any case, as concepts, the knights of the round table vs. werewolves and vampires > bikers vs. zombies :D I tried Days Gone on the PS5 recently. It’s alright, but it’s tough to take tattooed bikers seriously. And the lead does mumble quite a bit. Not really an opinion shared by many here, I know.

What spiritual sequels to until dawn? The dark anthology series? Those are really, really bad. I tried the first part on game pass and couldn’t finish it. Maybe Until Dawn was a one off.

I could have written this myself and every word would be 100% true. Except the tried on PS5 part :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keyofx said:

Couldn’t agree more. 

Days Gone is an average game at best (story-wise). 

I can’t believe people are upset it’s not getting a sequel. 
The writing in that game is so sub-par and lazy, cheesy. 

Bend Studios did a great job optimizing it for PS5. 
But performance really doesn’t matter if the story and characters are so bland.  
I tried Days Gone on PS5 and struggling to even get past the story because of how generic it is. 

Also, I think over the past few months there is an uptick in negative Sony articles all over the internet. 
This is just bad PR imo. 

No one on the internet knows what’s really happening within Sony, unless it’s official. 
If Sony rejected Days Gone 2 pitch, it’s probably because it’s another boring story, like Days Gone 1. 

Remember how Days Gone was a terrible game until it was optimized for PS5 and offered for free on the Collection? :D