The Playstation 5 thread

9 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Man I kind of miss those custom architecture days. You could suddenly see new stuff and tech in those days

IVG was all gaga over Uncharted 2 when it came out :P

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

You just had to post the exact opposite of what I said :P  

Anway my point still stands. 

my only complaint is having to make a choice about graphics settings. That’s why I left PC gaming and came to consoles. 

if ps5 pro is able to have enough headroom to enable devs to implement whatever they want, there’ll be no choices to be made by gamers (for eg, whether to go for 60fps or RT) - they can dive straight into gaming and enjoy 

2 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

my only complaint is having to make a choice about graphics settings. That’s why I left PC gaming and came to consoles. 

if ps5 pro is able to have enough headroom to enable devs to implement whatever they want, there’ll be no choices to be made by gamers (for eg, whether to go for 60fps or RT) - they can dive straight into gaming and enjoy 

There would always be choices in consoles from now on. Is a more powerful console comes, fidelity would improve. Games would (hopefully) become more complex. 

5 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I get what you are saying. But you shouldn't have called something weak just because you don't want to deal with it.

Edited by b!T
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, AnK said:

Uncharted,MGS4,KillZone,Infamous,GoW,TLOU

there was no fidelity match for these games on 360

man, mgs was awesome. I enjoyed it immensely despite the lengthy cut scenes.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Unless you're only playing exclusives, you would have noticed the sub 720p resolution and the sub 25 fps frame rate. 

True, i was shocked when i found out near the end of that gen that the PS3 was running games at 720p, when even my mid-range pc allowed me to game at 1080p right through that gen. But still, when compared to ps2, ps3 was a decent jump, not mind-boggling but decent. PS4/Xbone though was a disappointment through n through, hence the need for a mid-gen refresh...

If your machine is capable of x but 90% of devs can only leverage y, then your machine is capable of y for all practical purposes. 
Yes, but again, that doesn't make it weak

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

I think we're arguing on semantics here. 
If most devs cannot leverage the power, then the console is weak because that's how it performs for consumers.
Not really, no. It is complex to program for, not impossible. So, most devs can leverage its power, with more effort. Again, that still doesnt make it weak.

• Like 1

All of you are looking at it with rose tinted glasses. Ps3, barring the quality exclusives was a sh*t console. 
sh*t controller, sh*t design (I had the super slim), sh*t interace (f**king thing took forever to load) and most of the games ran like a*s. GTA 5 was a travesty. Most games had hard drops even at an abysmal resolution. 
Lol, opinions and all..

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

Ok, lol. It was super strong. You win this war of pedantry. 

Not really a war or anything. Got to call out people for spewing dumb sh*t and then doubling down to justify it with dumber sh*t. Nothing personal lol