The Playstation 5 thread

Just now, LordSpymaster said:

So basically dirty enough for a landfill? ;)

In any case is anyone using the silicone covers for the DS5? Would love a short review/feedback on the thing.

Nah. Spotless. I just ensure I never ever play with greasy food hands or anything. They are whiter than a white adult p0rn-star's pee pee. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

What's the point of using silicone covers which will get a lot more dirtier than the dualsense while at the same time also ruining the feel of the controller. 

Do you want the preserve the ps5 for when you eventually sell it on olx? 

No no, just want to keep it clean... Apne bachhe ko kaun bechega :(

49 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What's the point of using silicone covers which will get a lot more dirtier than the dualsense while at the same time also ruining the feel of the controller. 

Do you want the preserve the ps5 for when you eventually sell it on olx? 

silicone cover is much more grippier and significantly less sweaty and resulting slippage/loss of grip

I’ve used silicone covers for several months now - there’s been zero dust or lint

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Any ideas for this?

Also, found this at GTS, not sure how helpful it'll be and if I want to hold a silicone textured controller, feels weird.

https://www.gamestheshop.com/Firefly-Silicone-Cover-For-PS5--Blood-Marble/5530

You cant keep the controller clean. Chahe jitna cover wagere lagalo. That PoS is dust magnet.

• Like 1

Has anyone opened the face plates to clean the insides? 

Those plastic locking things creep me out out of fear of breaking. Want to do a nice vacuum clean since getting it 6 months ago. 

27 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Has anyone opened the face plates to clean the insides? 

Those plastic locking things creep me out out of fear of breaking. Want to do a nice vacuum clean since getting it 6 months ago. 

The dust collection is really bad. 

There’s a lot of dust build up after just two month for me. 

It’s easy to open the face plates. But you may want to first loosen up the dust with some canned air and then vacuum it up. There’s also a lot of build up around the fan from both sides. 

9 minutes ago, VamosReva said:

The dust collection is really bad. 

There’s a lot of dust build up after just two month for me. 

It’s easy to open the face plates. But you may want to first loosen up the dust with some canned air and then vacuum it up. There’s also a lot of build up around the fan from both sides. 

Thanks yeah getting the plates off is the only scary part. Warna apna vaccum cleaner ps5 se bhi mehenga hai :D

4 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Just opened it up last night to install the dark plates and it wasn't as bad as I had expected. I'm guessing it will be a lot worse if I unscrew the components panel.

But I do vacuum the console once a week or so, as much as possible from outside. Maybe that helps.

I'm more concerned about the XSX with those giant vents on top.

Not removing any of those screws. Just the plates :fear1:

Does that dust catcher actually collect desi dust??