The Playstation 5 thread

Just now read the news about Gow and GT7. It doesn't seem like a big deal now that we have seen what GG was able to achieve with HZFW. I've full faith in SSM that they will deliver in terms of eye candy. A week ago this news would have hit me a lot more

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Snake said:

I honestly can't go back to the base PS4 after getting the PS5.

Which makes total sense.

19 minutes ago, AnK said:

I think in this particular gen 

It makes more sense to buy the opposite console you currently own 

If you own PS4ro buying a SX makes more sense 

If you own OneX buying a PS5 makes more sense 

welcome-akal-ke-dushman.gif

6 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Just now read the news about Gow and GT7. It doesn't seem like a big deal now that we have seen what GG was able to achieve with HZFW. I've full faith in SSM that they will deliver in terms of eye candy. A week ago this news would have hit me a lot more

That’s true 

Before watching that H FW showcase it would have hit pretty hard

I think Sony were waiting for that too

7 minutes ago, dante77 said:
20 minutes ago, AnK said:
I think in this particular gen 
It makes more sense to buy the opposite console you currently own 

If you own PS4ro buying a SX makes more sense 

If you own OneX buying a PS5 makes more sense 

WTF is this sheet? You high or something?

Abbey lunga toh mai PS5 he :bigyellowgrin:

Par kab yeh pata nahi

:rofl: 

But Sony has broken that one rule with GT7

No company is worth backing or trusting anymore 

so this is then end of console war for me 

no more replies from me as it’s not worth it anymore 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AnK said:

It’s no laughing matter bro 

only I know how I managed to beat Abhorrent beast in the dungeons of Bloodborne which doesn’t let you pause 

>.< this close of getting a divorce right after having a child 

Wait what !?

You're married ? And you've a child ? :O

• Haha 5

Isn’t this something that happens every generation? 

If anything, Sony is being pro-consumer here. 

In the initial days of PS4, there were multiple requests from PS3 players, pleading Sony to keep supporting PS3 for as long as possible. 

There was also a lot of hope among the PS3 community that Sony would somehow support Uncharted 4 on PS3. But they decided not to. 

It is however surprising that GT7 will be coming to PS4, that’s really odd and so unlike Sony. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

I still don’t believe it will hold back the next gen game they will try to deliver on the PS5, given enough time that is available they will go all in on the PS5 more than just resolution and frame rates that was the case with last gen.. Miles Morales is a decent example as it was a launch title.. if you play both side by side you know the difference.

Bottomline, buying a PS5 isn’t a regret thing for anyone who has been enjoying smoother game play.. I had One X and still bought Series X for same reason.. 

Sony should be just blamed for not owning this upfront, probably now it might slightly slow down PS5 purchase for someone who already has a Pro..

60 fps alone more than enough reason. 

During the transition between generations, many games are cross gen. It has happened in the past as well. Sony said it believes in generations. And they do. They have given us some exclusives already, and many are in the pipeline. 

They have enough time to make both the versions feel like completely new games. @AnK you only told me that GOW r and FHW would be cross gen titles when I opined that games post 2021 would be ps5 exclusives, remember? 

Making one/two blockbuster titles cross gen (in the initial phase of the life of a console) is fine. Even Nintendo did it with BOTW and twilight Princess. However, making the whole generation as cross gen is farcical. 

7 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

I still don’t believe it will hold back the next gen game they will try to deliver on the PS5, given enough time that is available they will go all in on the PS5 more than just resolution and frame rates that was the case with last gen.. Miles Morales is a decent example as it was a launch title.. if you play both side by side you know the difference.

Bottomline, buying a PS5 isn’t a regret thing for anyone who has been enjoying smoother game play.. I had One X and still bought Series X for same reason.. 

Sony should be just blamed for not owning this upfront, probably now it might slightly slow down PS5 purchase for someone who already has a Pro..

There is a serious lack of availability of ps5s no matter how many units it has sold till now. Sony wants to go after Nintendo titles and for that it wants to cater to its user base. So I don't see anything wrong if a couple of blockbuster titles are made cross gen (till both the versions (PS4/5) feel and play completely different). Nothing to lose one's mind about. It has happened in the past as well. It's a purely business decision. Sony has already given us some exclusives, and we are just few months into this gen, and amidst a pandemic. 

Ratchet and clank would be a system seller as well. We have been getting a ps5 exclusive every couple of months. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AnK said:

That’s true 

Before watching that H FW showcase it would have hit pretty hard

I think Sony were waiting for that too

Abbey lunga toh mai PS5 he :bigyellowgrin:

Reveal hidden contents

But Sony has broken that one rule with GT7

Be thankful that they've broken that rule or else GT 7 would have released exclusively on PS4. :P

Honestly why the angst though. Those who got the ps5 sure appreciate what it does better than the previous gen. The two big name blockbusters even while being cross gen will defo be better on the 5. Why let this get to anyone’s head is beyond me? 
Any PS5 owner mad about this is just being sour that some who didn’t manage to land a PS5 will also get to play the same games which is being very petty. 

Maze karo yaaro. The production shortage had to lead to this cross gen compromise eventually. Let more people have fun. On the bright side, this might mean no enhanced mid-gen refresh from a spec perspective. Don’t want to go through grey eye-gouging price one more time in this gen. Hopefully whatever mid-gen refresh when it happens will be purely just a power-efficient “slim” model. No extras on the spec side.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Honestly why the angst though. Those who got the ps5 sure appreciate what it does better than the previous gen. The two big name blockbusters even while being cross gen will defo be better on the 5. Why let this get to anyone’s head is beyond me? 
Any PS5 owner mad about this is just being sour that some who didn’t manage to land a PS5 will also get to play the same games which is being very petty

This forum be like JOB CHOR DU KYA ? :lol:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

This forum be like JOB CHOR DU KYA ? :lol:

Yeah man. Being mad about this is like me being jealous if someone else at work also bought an iPhone. Thodi na mera phone kam ho jaayega kisi aur ke lene se :lol:

4 minutes ago, Mystique_Myth said:

"We believe in generations" WTF did Jim Ryan meant by saying that? 

He was referring to hardware.
SW on the other hand spans across generations. :rofl: