The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, Jigsaw said:

Honestly why the angst though. Those who got the ps5 sure appreciate what it does better than the previous gen. The two big name blockbusters even while being cross gen will defo be better on the 5. Why let this get to anyone’s head is beyond me? 
Any PS5 owner mad about this is just being sour that some who didn’t manage to land a PS5 will also get to play the same games which is being very petty. 

Maze karo yaaro. The production shortage had to lead to this cross gen compromise eventually. Let more people have fun. On the bright side, this might mean no enhanced mid-gen refresh from a spec perspective. Don’t want to go through grey eye-gouging price one more time in this gen. Hopefully whatever mid-gen refresh when it happens will be purely just a power-efficient “slim” model. No extras on the spec side.

I think people being salty are those who are butt hurt after making fun of XSX for holding back next gen game development. 

It's just a way for them to channel their guilt :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

During the transition between generations, many games are cross gen. It has happened in the past as well. Sony said it believes in generations. And they do. They have given us some exclusives already, and many are in the pipeline. 

They have enough time to make both the versions feel like completely new games. @AnK you only told me that GOW r and FHW would be cross gen titles when I opined that games post 2021 would be ps5 exclusives, remember? 

Making one/two blockbuster titles cross gen (in the initial phase of the life of a console) is fine. Even Nintendo did it with BOTW and twilight Princess. However, making the whole generation as cross gen is farcical. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, l33tmaniac said:

I think people being salty are those who are butt hurt after making fun of XSX for holding back next gen game development. 

It's just a way for them to channel their guilt :lol:

Yes bro totally forgot that angle :roflroll:

36 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Was referring to games like returnal, ratchet and clank, final fantasy 16, deathloop and many more. 

Something tells me if Sony’s flagship GoW~R is Crossgen & GT7 despite being confirmed as PS5 exclusive then FF16

The flagship title for Square Enix can’t bypass 110m PS4’s 

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

They have enough time to make both the versions feel like completely new games. @AnK you only told me that GOW r and FHW would be cross gen titles when I opined that games post 2021 would be ps5 exclusives, remember? 

I never expected GoW~R to be exclusive when Jim evaded the question 

But if they can announce something & then retract on it 

like in case of GT7 & most likely FF16 

I don’t think I should defend that anymore 

Just now, AnK said:

Something tells me if Sony’s flagship GoW~R is Crossgen & GT7 despite being confirmed as PS5 exclusive then FF16

The flagship title for Square Enix can’t bypass 110m PS4’s 

I never expected GoW~R to be exclusive when Jim evaded the question 

But if they can announce something & then retract on it 

like in case of GT7 & most likely FF16 

I don’t think I should defend that anymore 

Ff16 plus the unannounced FF origins titles would be ps5 exclusives. If not a permanent one, then a timed one for sure .

Btw I didn't see this level of brouhaha when sony launched exclusive games on the PC. I feel that's even more blasphemous. Atleast cross gen still ensures that these games remain in the sony ecosystem. 

Just now, radicaldude said:

Ff16 plus the unannounced FF origins titles would be ps5 exclusives. If not a permanent one, then a timed one for sure .

Btw I didn't see this level of brouhaha when sony launched exclusive games on the PC. I feel that's even more blasphemous. Atleast cross gen still ensures that these games remain in the sony ecosystem. 

Games coming to PC 2-3 years later doesn’t really make them look bad when they announce them as exclusives all those years ago 

I mean Uncharted 4 is coming on PC like 5-6 years later 

The meaning of what they said diminishes after ever year that passes 

Also something to note that they layed out exact timeline for Timed exclusives like Godfall,Deathloop,Ghostwire & Forespoken 

If GT7’s label didn’t end up being true then no one can rely on that info either 

M$ might just release Deathloop, Ghostwire 3 months later on GamesPass & no one can do anything about it 

Trust level has gone 

9 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Sony has never launch a first party title on the pc either (in its history). There's always a first time. 

And sony never ever had this good year 1 lineup ever. Last time they released a bunch of titles like tlou, beyond, gt7, puppeteer and a few other near PS4 launch or after it and lots of players missed out in it. . So this could either have been PS4 only games running in BC on ps5 (and people would have bitched) or the current situation. 

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

And sony never ever had this good year 1 lineup ever. Last time they released a bunch of titles like tlou, beyond, gt7, puppeteer and a few other near PS4 launch or after it and lots of players missed out in it. . So this could either have been PS4 only games running in BC on ps5 (and people would have bitched) or the current situation. 

That’s a good thing & I would have appreciated 

but being upfront is always the better option 

Announce them as Crossgen & stop pretending as if you are doing something greater than the competition at launch 

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

That’s a good thing & I would have appreciated 

but being upfront is always the better option 

Announce them as Crossgen & stop pretending as if you are doing something greater than the competition at launch 

You had anticipated GoW to be a cross gen title anyways. 

The only surprise was GT7. 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

You had anticipated GoW to be a cross gen title anyways. 

The only surprise was GT7. 

GT7 & FF16 being PS5 titles only ,gave higher hopes for the same with GoW~R 

But I still can’t fathom how someone can do this even after labelling it as one 

Anyway I’ll still enjoy them all but just no indulgence in needles mud slinging for them 

If some pee’s on them then they deserve it 

GT7 & FF16 being PS5 titles only ,gave higher hopes for the same with GoW~R 

But I still can’t fathom how someone can do this even after labelling it as one 

Anyway I’ll still enjoy them all but just no indulgence in needles mud slinging for them 

If some pee’s on them then they deserve it 
Nintendo will do the same with switch pro (backward compatible with the v1 and V2). It's purely a business decision based on the popularity of the franchise (and the lack of availability of ps5 units). Screenshot_20210603-103657249 (1)_1.jpg

Yes it always made sense to have Crossgen games for first few years now that the architecture barriers have been smoothened out 

& I appreciate M$ for being upfront about it 

But Sony Played a pretentious dubious role this time ,without a doubt 

& I ain’t like those hardcore Xbots who would defend everything done wrong 

I’d like to call spades 

this particular msging had gone wrong 

maybe it doesn’t matter much but still 

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yes it always made sense to have Crossgen games for first few years now that the architecture barriers have been smoothened out 

& I appreciate M$ for being upfront about it 

But Sony Played a pretentious dubious role this time ,without a doubt 

& I ain’t like those hardcore Xbots who would defend everything done wrong 

I’d like to call spades 

this particular msging had gone wrong 

maybe it doesn’t matter much but still 

Maybe they didn't anticipate the scale of the pandemic and chip shortages. 

Ps- don't trust Spencer yet. He might announce halo Starfield et al as xsx xss exclusives and give a finger to xbots. 

Edited by radicaldude

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Ps- don't trust Spencer yet. He might very well make halo Starfield et al xsx xss exclusives and give a finger to xbots. 

Arrey unpe bharosa karne ka toh sawaal he nahi bhai :rofl: 

They might even cancel fully developed & functioning Crossgen ports if they had to :lol: 

which kinda defeats the purpose both ways 

at this point they can do anything to attract attention 

Edited by AnK