The Playstation 5 thread

9 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Hermen Hulst said “Where it makes sense to develop a title for both PS4 and PS5 — for Horizon Forbidden West, the next God of War, GT7 — we’ll continue looking at that. And if PS4 owners want to play that game, then they can. If they want to go on and play the PS5 version, that game will be there for them.

That being said, it’s also very important to have showpieces for PS5, hence the development of Returnal and Ratchet that are exclusive to PS5.”

- this means that Horizon 2, next gow, gt7 are NOT “SHOWPIECES” for PS5. Returnal and RnC actually are those showpieces.

they should have made H2 and next gow as the SHOWPIECES for PS5 :chair:

They would have - if they wanted to sell PS5. Right now, they don't want to sell more PS5s, they actually want to slow it down. They are unable to keep up with demand. Stuff like GoW and Horizon are both console sellers and can sell on their own. Since, they don't want these "Console Sellers", they can release it on everything and get more money that way. In a way, there is a chance that they predicted the shortage of supply.

In other console gens, you might not even have such major IPs releasing in the first year at all. If I remember right, in the PS3 to PS4 transition, stuff like Last of Us released on PS3 first and were remastered for the PS4 later. Meanwhile, the only console exclusives the PS4 had for the first 2 years of launch were Infamous Second Sun, Order 1886 and Killzone Shadowfall if I remember right. None of it was great, a big IP or "Legendary" status. It was only after the release of Bloodborne in 2015 that the floodgates opened for the PS4. Same was the case for the PS3 also, if I remember right. It was only after the release of Metal Gear Solid 4 in 2008 that the flooodgate of PS3 games opened. The fact that people are getting stuff like GoW and Gran Turismo within the first 2 years of PS5 launch itself is a very big deal - even if they are cross-gen. Their budgets are too high for them to not be cross-gen anyway, what with needing to hire professional actors and all that.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Thought this sort of sh*t was to be kept limited to PS/XSXS thread?!

Does this mean we get free reign to crap on XSX thread for every MS mis-step?

time nothing GIF

Don't... unless you want a week long vacation from this forum

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

Don't... unless you want a week long vacation from this forum

I won't, else there's no difference between those guys and me. 

It's just that I don't see how that image above my post helps the discussion or gives a constructive criticism. 

4 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I won't, else there's no difference between those guys and me. 

It's just that I don't see how that image above my post helps the discussion or gives a constructive criticism. 

it doesn't, please report such posts and the mods will take care of it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

It would be easier to buy a Playstation 5 now?

Hopefully scalpers are discouraged, now that initial euphoria seems to be over.

200.gif

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

it doesn't, please report such posts and the mods will take care of it.

on the contrary, its a satirical image exhibiting the ironical truth that business is a zero sum game, no matter which company plays it. Its a mockery of the pain that soul-bonded devout gamers throughout the cosmos are experiencing from yesterday's announcement. Its very apt and relevant to the discussion. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jupiter said:

It would be easier to buy a Playstation 5 now?

Hopefully scalpers are discouraged, now that initial euphoria seems to be over.

Yeah the cost of PS5 in grey market will crash now that two more games are known to be crossgen.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1