The Playstation 5 thread

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Would you guide me as to how exactly that works 

have activated SMS 2FA for now

Read this article. https://in.mashable.com/entertainment/22115/how-to-enable-two-factor-sign-ins-on-your-playstation-5-and-sony-account

Download https://authy.com/ This is available for iOS, Android and MacOS.

@AnK DM if you have any questions.

Edited by silica
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, silica said:

Change your password and activate 2FA (not SMS 2FA), when doing this it will provide a prompt to log out of all devices. That should solve your problem, if someone else has logged in to your account.

Preferably, remove your CC or Debit Card details from your account. Buy and redeem the game from any online retailer or buy gift cards and redeem them on your account if you want to buy on the PS Store.

Why not SMS 2FA ?

40 minutes ago, Channu said:

Why not SMS 2FA ?

It is low hanging fruit due to its' vulnerability to SIM swap attacks. Application based TOTP or U2F hardware tokens are better MFA options, when available.

Ranking of security for MFA options:

Best - U2F hardware tokens

Runner up - Application based TOTP

Worst - SMS OTP

@0verlord I am not sure if the XSX/S or the PS5 has u2f implemented for now. But, it will be coming sometime in the future. The Microsoft Authenticator is fine, you can use it for the PS4/5 as well.

https://www.yubico.com/in/works-with-yubikey/catalog/microsoft-accounts/

Edited by silica
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else who preordered ratchet and clank can u confirm if it is releasing earlier than usual?
Preorders always release and unlock at 12am local time on release day, but the timer shows it will unlock at 5:30pm today

Or have they moved to releasing worldwide ar the same time?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

The timer will move to 12AM when it is 5.30PM. Happened with Returnal preorder too, must be a glitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The timer will move to 12AM when it is 5.30PM. Happened with Returnal preorder too, must be a glitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh well ,was hoping for lucky surprise [emoji28]

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

PSN supports 2FA via apps like Authy so you don't have to rely on SMS. Your phone doesn't even have to be online. The app will display codes on rotation and you can input them while logging in.

What from when ? i never got that option ? Works with google authenticator too ? 

Has anyone faced this account hacking issue before 

Sobbi msged me last night at 4am that he saw me online when I was not 

What are the chances of account revival?!?
Bohot dushman bana liye hai tune

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, psinide said:

I actually prefer SMS. with Auth apps, you have to re-register when you buy a new phone/factory reset it. And I always end up forgetting registering one or the other 2fa account...

You can backup restore with google auth. i do that , but yes if you forget youre screwed. i was once lol XD

4 hours ago, Jerush said:

Omg... Everytime I buy something on PSN, it asks me to renter CVV and expiry saying "your last login was on a different PS4." Does that mean my account could be hacked too? Thought it was some stupid bug

100% get pass changed and 2fa on  . your account is probably one of 100's sold online for cheap

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

You can backup restore with google auth. i do that , but yes if you forget youre screwed. i was once lol XD

100% get pass changed and 2fa on  . your account is probably one of 100's sold online for cheap

Yes, I also speak from experience. Thats why I prefer SMS. I tinker around a lot with my phones...

If some loser would go to this extent just on some disagreement over entertaining devices 

Then god be with him 

anyway the UK Twitter handle didn’t help it just gave me a link to a bot which further gave me a link to UK helpline number 

Have already used the Indian helpline number & submitted all the details asked for 

let’s see 

Just in case I don’t get access back 

what happens to all the save files & trophies stored on my system associated with this account?!?

Edited by AnK

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

what happens to all the save files & trophies stored on my system associated with this account?!?

You get nothing. dont worry youll get it back 

10 minutes ago, psinide said:

Yes, I also speak from experience. Thats why I prefer SMS. I tinker around a lot with my phones...

Authy is good. Im thinking of switching to it . 

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

If some loser would go to this extent just on some disagreement over entertaining devices 

Then god be with him 

anyway the UK Twitter handle didn’t help it just gave me a link to a bot which further gave me a link to UK helpline number 

Have already used the Indian helpline number & submitted all the details asked for 

let’s see 

They will be gone unfortunately. I was using a UK PSN account as primary since the PS3 days. At the time you couldn't change your country on your PSN account (not sure if you still can) but I had reached out to Sony to see if there was any way to transfer trophy data to my Indian account and they said no. For saves, I think you can copy them on a USB stick. I haven't tried transferring saves across accounts though, not even sure if it can be done.

But you should be able to still play your games locally with the local save files.

Edited by psinide

2 minutes ago, psinide said:

They will be gone unfortunately. I was using a UK PSN account as primary since the PS3 days. At the time you couldn't change your country on your PSN account (not sure if you still can) but I had reached out to Sony to see if there was any way to transfer trophy data to my Indian account and they said no. For saves, I think you can copy them on a USB stick. I haven't tried transferring saves across accounts though, not even sure if it can be done.

But you should be able to still play your games locally with the local save files.

Save files dont work too. Dont waste your time on it i wasted plenty. 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

But I can still finish the games locally on my current system right?!?

Yup, there should not be any issue with games already downloaded and your locally saved game saves.

But don't worry, account should be recovered once you prove your identity. Give it 48-72 hours, thats their usual turn around time

Edited by psinide

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

But I can still finish the games locally on my current system right?!?

These hackers target inactive accounts. 2fa is absolutely critical these days. I regularly get such e-mail updates from one of my inactive steam accounts.

They mostly use brute force based hacking methods. 

I think you should start afresh. signal-2019-11-19-224633.jpg

Edited by radicaldude
  • Haha 1