The Playstation 5 thread

I don't think PS5 can beat PS2 sales record of 155 mil . Even PS4 has managed 115 mil to date . Success of PS2 was unreal.  

Although 22.5 mil in a fiscal year seems possible with the demand ( if supply issues get sorted ) .

He is talking about the “first Playstation” though & not PS2 

Even corporates are not so dumb to put up unachievable sales target 

PS2 was basically without competition with other systems selling as low as 15-20m in that era 

I know that annual sales record of 22.5 belongs to PlayStation 1 . That I believe is possible. 

The first part of my post about lifetime sales was related to Carboncore's post of 150m lifetime (which only PS2 managed ) which I also believe is not possible

Edited by Krazyniks

9 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

I don't think PS5 can beat PS2 sales record of 155 mil . Even PS4 has managed 115 mil to date . Success of PS2 was unreal.  

Till recently PS4 was tracking above PS2 in year to year sales. PS2 had a super long tail combined with and incredibly low price (both hw & sw) which helped it in smaller growing markets (+ piracy too)

2 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

I know that annual sales record of 22.5 belongs to PlayStation 1 . That I believe is possible. 

The first part of my post about lifetime sales was related to Carboncore's post of 150m lifetime (which only PS2 managed ) which I also believe is not possible

That was for ank

Guys my buddy lost access to his 2SV codes and not cant log in. he doesnt have any codes on his phone as well. This is for his Indian account. He cant call as he is Outside India. Any way to recover this or disable 2VS temporarily

50 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

The original quote says they want to sell 22.6M per year, not just this fiscal year. They also want to reach 45M by the end of next year which is bigger than any PS console including PS2.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Till recently PS4 was tracking above PS2 in year to year sales. PS2 had a super long tail combined with and incredibly low price (both hw & sw) which helped it in smaller growing markets (+ piracy too)

Yeah PS2 sold like 15M in FY 07/08, more than both next gen consoles :lol: 

46 minutes ago, Snake said:

Guys my buddy lost access to his 2SV codes and not cant log in. he doesnt have any codes on his phone as well. This is for his Indian account. He cant call as he is Outside India. Any way to recover this or disable 2VS temporarily

You make a call for him 

more likely than not they will ask you to mail these details on the following email ID:-

SonyIndia.care@ap.Sony.com

email

online id 

Contact number

date of birth 

serial number 

transaction 

5 friends (optional)

It’s a lengthy process but if you can prove it’s your account & how you lost access they will reset it for you & send you an email to reset email ID & password 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AnK said:

You make a call for him 

more likely than not they will ask you to mail these details on the following email ID:-

SonyIndia.care@ap.Sony.com

email

online id 

Contact number

date of birth 

serial number 

transaction 

5 friends (optional)

It’s a lengthy process but if you can prove it’s your account & how you lost access they will reset it for you & send you an email to reset email ID & password 

do they ask to include any case/ref number etc?

If not I'll ask my friend to send the email right away.

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

2FA is a double edged sword. If you lose access to code authentication and lose backup codes your account is as good as dead. Always email those backup codes to yourself.

He said he didn't do that, nor did he make a copy. so I told him he fked himself

1 hour ago, Snake said:

do they ask to include any case/ref number etc?

If not I'll ask my friend to send the email right away.

99% you can just email right away as they don’t give you any case reference on phone 

Just instruct you on how to mail 

But UK support does the exact opposite & ask you to call & don’t entertain on mail 

So just in case call once & verify 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

99% you can just email right away as they don’t give you any case reference on phone 

Just instruct you on how to mail 

But UK support does the exact opposite & ask you to call & don’t entertain on mail 

So just in case call once & verify 

will do .. thanks man

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Bloodborne :rofl:

Bloodborne and Last of Us. Either he has mixed up the lists or he is trying to count in *ahem* versions with emulator (nos. from his imagination). Also really strange that Ratchet is nowhere on the list, but it has Horizon everywhere and Avengers - which is a proven flop.

• Confused 1