The Playstation 5 thread

3 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

you can report him for calling people on IVG as chumpus. But then you already know where some mods stand on how well Ank "takes and gives back" :lol:. If you are lucky, you might even be called out openly for reporting stuff. 

? 

I have been subjected to much bigger & derogatory abuses & attacks than just the word “champu” which means “nerd” in Indian slang 

That was what KC pointed out & he was absolutely right 

If I had started making hue & cry about every abuse above the word “nerd” it would have been pretty much ban fest for a lot of ppl 

But I didn’t & neither did I abuse them back after every post of theirs like they had been doing with me 

& neither did I react like my life had become miserable like a certain someone who does that just for asking some difficult questions to uncle Phil :giggle: 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 12:09 PM, VelivolusDas said:

Ordered the beautiful edition via ShopatSC.

RPTQhtz.png

Update: Got a call from the store owner that my PS5 has arrived and if I want I can come and collect it.

On my way to the store now.

yay-the-last-of-us2.gif

Also, quick question: best way to transfer data from the PS4 to the PS5? Something that will preferably transfer installed games (that I will select since I know the PS5 has less storage) from multiple accounts?

Is that even possible?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Update: Got a call from the store owner that my PS5 has arrived and if I want I can come and collect it.

yay-the-last-of-us2.gif

Also, quick question: best way to transfer data from the PS4 to the PS5? Something that will preferably transfer installed games (that I will select since I know the PS5 has less storage) from multiple accounts?

Is that even possible?

external hdd or ethernet cable

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

yay-the-last-of-us2.gif

Is that even possible?

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Even my order was in the Confirmed status until yesterday.

In fact, it was still showing just Confirmed when I just decided to text the owner to kinda follow-up.

Co-incidentally, he responded yesterday itself once the stock reached him. He had 2 DEs and 2 Disc Edition consoles. Stock really is scarce.

-----

On to the first impressions with the console, then...

Man oh man, it's such an upgrade from the base PS4. Everything in the UI is just so much smoother. The PS Store integration is so cool, too. So zippy and fast. Signing in was simple, too, since I use the PS App.

Transferring over the accounts and saved data from the PS4 was fast, too. Took about an hour or so.

Sadly, I'm doing an early morning shift so didn't get enough time to play (sad truth about being almost 30). Just booted up the Immortals: Fenyx Rising demo and God Of War (for the sweet 4K60) for a bit. Apart from those, I don't have any next-gen only games.

But all of a sudden my CX feels like it's being utilised to it's fullest.

Also, planning to get EA Play for a month so that I can play FIFA and Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order. Will I get the PS5 versions if I subscribe to EA Play?

38 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Will I get the PS5 versions if I subscribe to EA Play?

yes. Gamepass also has the EA play version which has the next gen upgrades. I am currently playing it. So ps5 should get the upgrades through EA play 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, silica said:

How did you transfer your accounts, games and save data? Which external HDD are you using with the PS5?

I used a normal seagate hdd

for game saves, you would need a separate pen drive as hdd only takes games and not saves afaik

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silica said:

How did you transfer your accounts, games and save data? Which external HDD are you using with the PS5?

I don't have an external HDD.

So, I followed the on-screen prompts and connected the PS4 and PS5 to the same Wi-Fi. I also connected both the consoles with an Ethernet cable.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

I don't have an external HDD.

So, I followed the on-screen prompts and connected the PS4 and PS5 to the same Wi-Fi. I also connected both the consoles with an Ethernet cable.

I also did PS4 Pro to PS5 save games and 1 game install data transfer over wifi but without any ethernet cable. Since the game transfer was slow over wifi. I decided to not transfer more than one game

• Thanks 1