The Playstation 5 thread

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Japanese twitter posted bluepoint but deleted. Confusion or something more ... Hmmm..

Unbenannt.jpg

Tweet says Housemarque and Returnal. Probably the same guy/gal in charge of making that investors meeting presentation last month f**ked up again :D

That said, this wouldn't be that surprising. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Tweet says Housemarque and Returnal. Probably the same guy/gal in charge of making that investors meeting presentation last month f**ked up again :D

That said, this wouldn't be that surprising. 

Demons souls guy is between Selene (returnal) and aloy so it's more than the intern getting confused. Also astrobot represents studio japan/team asobi so demons souls art can't be for them. 

If Kojima pro is genuinely working on another PS exclusive then than that relationship is also akin to this one 

I hope Kojima considers as this has been home for him most of his career 

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Demons souls guy is between Selene (returnal) and aloy so it's more than the intern getting confused. Also astrobot represents studio japan/team asobi so demons souls art can't be for them. 

Ohh yeah, didn't notice the characters. Thought just the studio name was a mistake. Interesting. 

It's not like we're going around and just making random acquisitions. 

They’re very, very targeted acquisitions of teams that we know well. The amount of collaboration between our external development group and Housemarque on the technical side, the production management side and even on the creative side has been so deep. So for us, it just makes so much sense to do that. 

Obviously, this is not something you do overnight. Ilari and my team have been working on this for quite a while, but we obviously didn't want to distract the core group at Housemarque that’s been working to get this amazing title out.

Hermen hulst on the acquisition.

Full interview with him and housemarque founder.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/housemarque-sony-playstation-acquisition

• Like 1

Interview with Herman Hulst (PS Studios) and Irari Quittenen (Housemarque co-founder)

https://www.famitsu.com/news/amp/202106/29225392.php

"Negotiations to acquire Housemarque began in early 2020. However, at that time, I decided to give priority to the completion of the game first and talk again later. So I restarted it a few months ago, and now it's decided.

"It was important to show that we were very enthusiastic about welcoming the PS family, but at the same time we started on an ambitious project like "Returnal" that would make a big leap from what the studio had done so far. I didn't want to distract my team"

"Aiming to be a more solid organization, I would like to fill in the gaps and add new talent to the team to grow steadily. I'm not thinking about making it suddenly large. I would like to learn from people like Herman who have experienced these steps.

We also received a lot of help from various departments in creating "Returnal", so we will continue to collaborate with them. By leveraging the great resources of PlayStation Studios, you don't necessarily have to do everything in the studio.

"By becoming an official member of PlayStation Studios, Housemarque can benefit and contribute to technical and development management, employee benefits, and much more".

Edited by VamosReva