The Playstation 5 thread

47 minutes ago, iam said:

Game really doesn't look all that good compared to Miles Morales which itself is pretty underwhelming in terms of visual flair. 

Spiderman and Miles Morales are based in last gen hardware. You should benchmark Insomniac by their Rift Apart fidelity mode - possibly the highest quality gfx bells and whistles in any game in history. Haven’t played Demon’s Souls yet, perhaps that could be in the same ballpark. But others are not even the same galaxy. All managed in a mere 33GB and in 2-3 years of their last AAA - pure wizardry ?‍♀️ 

9 minutes ago, iam said:

They look great but having played Spiderman on ps4, the jump in fidelity is really not that much. I was expecting more personally. Especially from MM which billed as a proper next gen game with the premium pricing to boot. 

Looks like there is no place for honest opinion except utter praise for Sony over here. 

I felt like buying Spiderman RM just to copy paste the trophies.. Miles Morales looked great but the RM version was underwhelming after playing MM.. so it will make sense only for a brand new player who hasn't played even the PS4 version to play RM first and then Miles.. PS5 folks can easily avoid RM and just play Miles..

Sequel always looks better than prequel even when a generation gap is not involved 

Remastered games will never look as good as Crossgen games built on a system from ground up 

Nothing new 

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

f**k this is a tricky situation, need to give the gem in the hand to get the 50K back :samui:

Do we have anyone who can buy this for 50K ? :devil: @Pshycho_TXC How desperate are you

fk 50k for Digital unit :P damn, someone offered me 65k for IND preordered DISC unit in Kolkata hand to hand deal .. Its same offer looks like lol ... nah not that much desperate for this sh*t . 

Edited by Pshycho_TXC
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, iam said:

Game really doesn't look all that good compared to Miles Morales which itself is pretty underwhelming in terms of visual flair. 

1 hour ago, iam said:

Agreed. Rift Apart is on another level. So is Demon's Souls. Spiderman Remastered and Miles Morales are better than their last gen counterparts but nothing special otherwise. That's not to say they look bad. They look great but having played Spiderman on ps4, the jump in fidelity is really not that much. I was expecting more personally. Especially from MM which billed as a proper next gen game with the premium pricing to boot. 

Looks like there is no place for honest opinion except utter praise for Sony over here. 

Oh come on!! I can agree with the latter but the former comment in itself sounds like something an intentional agitator would say. 

Besides, I was only disagreeing with your take through the medium of a reactionary gif.

:console:

Edited by gecko89

2 hours ago, iam said:

Agreed. Rift Apart is on another level. So is Demon's Souls. Spiderman Remastered and Miles Morales are better than their last gen counterparts but nothing special otherwise. That's not to say they look bad. They look great but having played Spiderman on ps4, the jump in fidelity is really not that much. I was expecting more personally. Especially from MM which billed as a proper next gen game with the premium pricing to boot. 

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Oh come on!! I can agree with the latter but the former comment in itself sounds like something an intentional agitator would say. 

Besides, I was only disagreeing with your take through the medium of a reactionary gif.

:console:

@iam is still testing the green waters, give him time.

Edited by quixote_1989
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Pre-Ordered the ps5 disc version on amazon on the 23rd of June. Was delivered the digital edition yesterday <_<. And the only option is refund,  no replacement. f**king scamazon. 

The problem is , there is a small seal at the bottom of the box , and that looks like it might have been tampered with. Now i dont want to open the main seal at all. I escalated this same issue to amazon customer service in case of any mischief being played. So its quite a shady scene overall.   I would have kept it but i want the disc edition for back compatible games. 

Such shady behaviour from amazon , not even refunding 10k back and letting me keep it. Either full refund or nothing.

Not surprising you are not getting 10K refund as basic level reps won't be able to do it. Also since you mentioned about the seal, better to just refund it.

10 minutes ago, b!T said:

Not surprising you are not getting 10K refund as basic level reps won't be able to do it. Also since you mentioned about the seal, better to just refund it.

I've written an email to them regarding the same issue ( cs-reply@amazon.in ) , but I'm assuming that this will just go back to the same personnel that wont be able to do anything about it. So i think returning it is the best option. 

2 minutes ago, arjun_sasuke said:

I've written an email to them regarding the same issue ( cs-reply@amazon.in ) , but I'm assuming that this will just go back to the same personnel that wont be able to do anything about it. So i think returning it is the best option. 

Yeah, if they can't resolve it, ask for the escalation POC. I have fought successfully with flipkart for a similar issue but not sure about Amazon.