The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Can you blame people? Indies can be great. But when a major console maker misses E3, keeps quiet for a very long time and when they finally break their silence - it's to show Deathloop (A game very few people car for) and indies; people are going to be disappointed.

This so much.

Indie Bhindi is mostly padding tier sh*t you find in PS Plus from around 2014 to 2016 or so before they could get the big guns ready and released.

4 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

The nonsense with being unable to transfer saves is good fodder for Playstation vs Xbox thread. Wonder why no one brings this up in any of the arguments? :fear:

That said, I don't subscribe to Plus cos I never play online. Removing the only way to backup games is just absolute bull sh*t. Can't believe people are even defending this crap!

Curse of being early adopter lol

They will probably add usb save backup in 1-2 years more as a part of an SW update.

Till then folks will do mental gymnastics here defending it.

Also PSPlus for now is ok at like 2200 if you grab it on a sale.

I have also never payed for plus btw.

I think about a week ago it did manage to outsell PS5 in US 

& came closer than usual world wide subsequently 

It was rumored to be a huge lot of stock released in the US apparently 

So yeah it's kinda availability war right now more than anything 

11 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Well, Nintendo also does cloud backup only if you pay for NSO. Much cheaper than PS+, but basic concept is the same. 

Nobody expects better from Nintendo :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shantz said:

PSA: Amazon blocked my bot, so it's been disabled. So please don't depend on it for stock notifications at least for the near future since I don't have much time to figure out the issue as of now.

Thank you :majesty: 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Looks like another wave has hit India

Aside from the Xshills and gamepass devotees, nobody bothers with this console.

If you want gamepass there is pc also.

I saw Xbox SeriesX lying around on Amazon for an entire day 

But it was during the lockdown so most of metros couldn’t order 

But still at the same time PS5 stock release didn’t show any sign of availability at the same time 

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

I regret not ordering that day :wallbash:

I’ve been looking to get one for almost a month... no restocks at all. 

Just now, Vamos said:

I regret not ordering that day :wallbash:

I’ve been looking to get one for almost a month... no restocks at all. 

Of what I have heard during that time even the scalpers weren’t charging too much of a premium on SX 

Can’t say about now but you can give it a try if you really want it 

PS5 was 65 & SX was 55ish at that time 

19 minutes ago, AnK said:

Of what I have heard during that time even the scalpers weren’t charging too much of a premium on SX 

Yeah, it's around 65 here. 

But don't want to buy from scalpers or from anyone above MRP. 

Out of curiosity , is anyone here using an OLED Tv with their next gen console ? And also , was there a noticeable difference between the ps4 and ps5 ( or series X ) on your 1080p display or was it the same experience on both consoles , barring an increase in fps.

I'm looking to upgrade from my 1080p tv. Considering an LG Oled or a new Mini LED TV from TCL called the C825. Only concern with the OLED.s is burn in , which almost everyone says is not an issue if you use it for varied content.

3 hours ago, AnK said:

But it was during the lockdown so most of metros couldn’t order 

But still at the same time PS5 stock release didn’t show any sign of availability at the same time 

3 hours ago, AnK said:

Nobody wants poor Xbox ?

41 minutes ago, Root said:

Which games would you suggest start playing on PS5?

Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart

Demon's Souls

Returnal 

These 3 if you want to get an instant taste of next gen, if you skipped last gen then there are a lot of games to choose from just check the PS Plus collection. Most of those games have a FPS boost and look incredible on the PS5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Out of curiosity , is anyone here using an OLED Tv with their next gen console ? And also , was there a noticeable difference between the ps4 and ps5 ( or series X ) on your 1080p display or was it the same experience on both consoles , barring an increase in fps.

I'm looking to upgrade from my 1080p tv. Considering an LG Oled or a new Mini LED TV from TCL called the C825. Only concern with the OLED.s is burn in , which almost everyone says is not an issue if you use it for varied content.

Most of the guys here run some 1 lakh plus costing OLED TV with fancy HDR and big nits brightness, try asking around in that TV discussion thread.

And yes they sing paens about both OLED and HDR.

54 minutes ago, iam said:

Half the next gen users are using OLED only. It's a treat. Go for it eyes closed if it fits the budget. 

Just make sure that you're not overpaying and getting 3 years comprehensive warranty. If you're not, the wait for Dussehra, Diwali. 

Don't pay more than 1.25L for 55 inch and 1.7-1.8L for 65 inch. 

Yeah I'm waiting for the diwali sale , hoping to get  55 inch for around 1.10L.  The lowest I've seen for a current year OLED is about 1.15 so far. I was getting last years model in the last sale for 1.05 with 3 years warranty n 0% EMI and all , but didnt pull the trigger. 

25 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Most of the guys here run some 1 lakh plus costing OLED TV with fancy HDR and big nits brightness, try asking around in that TV discussion thread.

And yes they sing paens about both OLED and HDR.

For some reason i just couldnt find the TV discussion thread till today , but just found it. Thanks.