The Playstation 5 thread

2 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Out of curiosity , is anyone here using an OLED Tv with their next gen console ? And also , was there a noticeable difference between the ps4 and ps5 ( or series X ) on your 1080p display or was it the same experience on both consoles , barring an increase in fps.

I'm looking to upgrade from my 1080p tv. Considering an LG Oled or a new Mini LED TV from TCL called the C825. Only concern with the OLED.s is burn in , which almost everyone says is not an issue if you use it for varied content.

I'm using the LG C9 with by XSX & PS5. Burn-in with the new OLEDS is a not an issue, there are pixel shifting algorithms and 'logo illuminance' settings which mitigate it to a great extent. Unless you have the same image displayed on the screen for 8-9 hours daily, you don't need to worry about it.

I moved to a Sony 4K HDR TV with the PS4 Pro, and upgraded to the C9 in preparation for the HDMI 2.1 consoles. HDR on OLED is a different beast because of the black levels and contrast ratio, but my older Sony 4K FALD was also decent. If you are planning to upgrade though, would definitely recommend an OLED

1 hour ago, iam said:

Half the next gen users are using OLED only. It's a treat. Go for it eyes closed if it fits the budget. 

Just make sure that you're not overpaying and getting 3 years comprehensive warranty. If you're not, the wait for Dussehra, Diwali. 

Don't pay more than 1.25L for 55 inch and 1.7-1.8L for 65 inch. 

65 for 1.8L, which one? 65CX is still 2.2+ Once the C1 series launches, there might be a drop in price. 

Edited by psinide

2 minutes ago, psinide said:

I'm using the LG C9 with by XSX & PS5. Burn-in with the new OLEDS is a not an issue, there are pixel shifting algorithms and 'logo illuminance' settings which mitigate it to a great extent. Unless you have the same image displayed on the screen for 8-9 hours daily, you don't need to worry about it.

I moved to a Sony 4K HDR TV with the PS4 Pro, and upgraded to the C9 in preparation for the HDMI 2.1 consoles. HDR on OLED is a different beast because of the black levels and contrast ratio, but my older Sony 4K FALD was also decent. If you are planning to upgrade though, would definitely recommend an OLED

65 for 1.8L, which one? 65CX is still 2.2+ Once the C1 series launches, there might be a drop in price. 

Okay great. I.m looking at the 55 CX. CX 65 is out of my budget at 2.2L. 

The BX 65 is on sale for 1.87 on amazon right now, and most reviews say there isnt too much difference between the BX and the CX, but i.ll probably for the CX 55 during a sale. 

Just now, arjun_sasuke said:

Okay great. I.m looking at the 55 CX. CX 65 is out of my budget at 2.2L. 

The BX 65 is on sale for 1.87 on amazon right now, and most reviews say there isnt too much difference between the BX and the CX, but i.ll probably for the CX 55 during a sale. 

When compared to C9, the B9 had the older processes and a plastic stand. Don't know if its the same with CX vs BX

1 minute ago, psinide said:

When compared to C9, the B9 had the older processes and a plastic stand. Don't know if its the same with CX vs BX

Pretty much the same. B series processor is normally a generatiod behind and the panel brightness takes a hit too. Unless you own multiple TVs or look at them side by side, you may not notice.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Channu said:

I recently got these thumb grips so that I don't eat out the analogues before I pass on the PS5 to my brother but this things just doesn't holds up ! I tried fitting it numerous times but one session of R&C and it pops away !

Any suggestions ?

https://ibb.co/JnMhn50

that’s because you probably didn’t fit it properly. Try to fix one side, then rotate the thumb grip till every side encompasses the stick

3 hours ago, iam said:

It was going for the prices I mentioned in diwali sale. 

You should not pay more than 1.2L for C series 55 inch in any case. 

Also don't get CX now. It'll probably be demo unit now. Wait for C1 price drop. 

Wait till Dussehra. It'll be worth the wait. 

I havent seen the C1 for sale anywhere , have they released it in India yet ? I doubt it. Also , pretty sure there.ll be some new units of the CX still around by Diwali.( Hopefully )  :fear:

Just now, arjun_sasuke said:

I havent seen the C1 for sale anywhere , have they released it in India yet ? I doubt it. Also , pretty sure there.ll be some new units of the CX still around by Diwali.( Hopefully )  :fear:

C1 just came into market now, so the prices are like 2.4L for a 65.. CX was also priced same last year at this time...

Wait for Diwali for C1, but if you want to buy like right now then CX, As someone said it may be demo units but still you might get lucky but come Diwali CX will be OOS completely.. There must be still sale on CX so look for it..

33 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

C1 just came into market now, so the prices are like 2.4L for a 65.. CX was also priced same last year at this time...

Wait for Diwali for C1, but if you want to buy like right now then CX, As someone said it may be demo units but still you might get lucky but come Diwali CX will be OOS completely.. There must be still sale on CX so look for it..

Cx was on sale a few weeks ago on amazon , for about 1.25L. A local store was quoting 1.45L at the same time. Thats the cheapest I've seen it so far.

I think if it drops down to between 1.10 to 1.20L during the next sale , I'm gonna go for it. For the 65 inch , the max i would go up to is probably 1.6 - 1.7 or so , but highly doubt that its going to drop to that level 

13 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Cx was on sale a few weeks ago on amazon , for about 1.25L. A local store was quoting 1.45L at the same time. Thats the cheapest I've seen it so far.

I think if it drops down to between 1.10 to 1.20L during the next sale , I'm gonna go for it. For the 65 inch , the max i would go up to is probably 1.6 - 1.7 or so , but highly doubt that its going to drop to that level 

Getting a CX 65 at that price range is doubtful. Even if the C1 launches, I expect the CX65 price to hover around the 1.9-2.1 mark and C1 will be 2.7 (similar to launch price for the CX)

I was able to get a great deal from Girias. Bought my C9 55 at 1.18 effectively with all the cashbacks and freebies that the deal threw in. My overall purchases were 2lac+ as there were other appliances in there as well, and was able to leverage that to get a better price.

1 hour ago, psinide said:

Getting a CX 65 at that price range is doubtful. Even if the C1 launches, I expect the CX65 price to hover around the 1.9-2.1 mark and C1 will be 2.7 (similar to launch price for the CX)

I was able to get a great deal from Girias. Bought my C9 55 at 1.18 effectively with all the cashbacks and freebies that the deal threw in. My overall purchases were 2lac+ as there were other appliances in there as well, and was able to leverage that to get a better price.

Yeah i think its going to be the 55 inch for me , unlesss , the BX 65 is on sale at an amazing price. 

1.18L is a good price for the CX55 , i'd buy it at that price. Hoping for a discount on extended warranty also , they were offering something similar last year on flipkart - 3 years warranty plus an option for a 2 year extended warranty at 15k( Total for 2 years). Not sure about the exact details of that 2 year extended warranty though,  i called up LG customer care and they said its some kind of AMC or something,  so ya , lets see. 

For people who are excited and have a hope that something good might be announced, this is the link for Sony's State of Play - happening at 2:30 am tonight

Sony is also conducting the SoP in Japanese, so I hope they announce something big. Don't see the Japanese people being excited for Deathloop and Indies.