The Playstation 5 thread

5 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Thanks for the info. And how are the customs supposed to be paid? Does Aramex inform us (I'm guessing via email) of the charges and the shipment is cleared only once we pay?

Sometimes they'll call as well. You can pay online and after that they'll get it cleared.

• Thanks 1

Man, both these new colour schemes for Dual sense look good. I already bought the camo edition for Series X, so the black dual sense looks more appealing to me right now. I’ll just wait till these are readily in stock.

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

People who have ordered and received Darkplates, any customs?

Yes. Forgot the exact amount, but around 2k-ish. 

55 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Thanks for the info. And how are the customs supposed to be paid? Does Aramex inform us (I'm guessing via email) of the charges and the shipment is cleared only once we pay?

Aramex will send you an email + Whatsapp of the duty amount. They also whatsapp the documents to be sent for ID verification. You can do everything online. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yes. Forgot the exact amount, but around 2k-ish. 

Aramex will send you an email + Whatsapp of the duty amount. They also whatsapp the documents to be sent for ID verification. You can do everything online. 

I thought upto 5k worth of items customs is not generally levied?

In any case, any pics of the dark plates? Considering just grabbing a chinese knockoff from ebay instead.

7 minutes ago, Alice said:

I thought upto 5k worth of items customs is not generally levied?

In any case, any pics of the dark plates? Considering just grabbing a chinese knockoff from ebay instead.

Some pics here: https://imgur.com/a/920iar8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

You have a link to the Chinese knockoff on eBay?

There are plenty. Unfortunately Aliexpress doesn't take orders anymore. But a few sellers message you to buy from them on ebay instead. Granted, it's a bit more expensive but at least they deliver.

knockoff PS5 replacement plates

This seller is someone who I contacted via aliexpress and he asked me to go via the ebay route. Granted, I don't expect the fit or finish to be anywhere close to dark plates, but it is literally 1/4th the cost.

• Like 1