The Playstation 5 thread

44 minutes ago, AnK said:

If it gets a reboot it’ll start with MGS1 as rumoured or original two MG games 

Porting a game made for cell processor to PC architecture was never easy,kinda needed full development from ground up like recent Demon Souls 

That’s why it never happened with many PS3 games 

Ohh is that why the Resistance games never showed up again.

5 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Ohh is that why the Resistance games never showed up again.

If you mean by showing up again to be new games in the series then it didn’t happen coz Sony in general ditched FPS online heavy games coz there were already enough in the market & they focused on building their USP elsewhere 

If you mean remasters then yes,it wasn’t easy to port PS3 games onto PS4 coz of architecture differences 

They only ported TLOU coz it was new & UC along with GoW coz they were planning to cash in their popularity with new games on PS4 

Porting PS3 game to PS4 was like developing code from scratch & didn’t make sense for other games specially when most of them were being sidelined as franchises 

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Dust is not an issue if you use console regularly. Cooling system cleans itself up.

Dust doesn't just blow itself out of the console. After a while it gets deposited inside and if it builds up, it causes performance issues and in some cases, even thermal throttling due to the heat. 

Cleaning once every 6 months is ideal. If you have a good vacuum cleaner, vacuum it once a week. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Dust doesn't just blow itself out of the console. After a while it gets deposited inside and if it builds up, it causes performance issues and in some cases, even thermal throttling due to the heat. 

Cleaning once every 6 months is ideal. If you have a good vacuum cleaner, vacuum it once a week. 

Personally never had an issue even in dusty Gurgaon environment. Where a thick layer gets deposited in just a day. 

YMMV.

22 hours ago, arjun_sasuke said:

So , quick question , should i keep my ps5 covered with a cloth or something when its completely switched off ( obviously not when its on standby mode )  ? Just to keep it free of dust and stuff. Curious to know everyone.s thoughts on this. 

I used to keep my ps4 pro covered in the initial year or so , but stopped doing it later and it works just fine, but since the design of the ps5 is quite different , thought i.d ask. 

Just use pillow cover. I use bedsheet to keep mine. Also doesnt create problems in Rest mode. With tight covers dont put it in rest mode.

29 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Someone tell Cory about India

image.png

I don't think India has a 60% import tax like Brazil does.

38 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Someone tell Cory about India

image.png

Mujhe bhi vohi maal chaiye jo ye phook raha hai. 

Few days back, someone posted about Brazilians protesting against Sony's pricing decisions. Now I know why. They won't get cheap sony stuff till Jim ryan is elected as their president.