The Playstation 5 thread

43 minutes ago, AnK said:

I think Factions will pretty much define Sony’s comeback into the MP space 

If that doesn’t work out then I don’t think any of these new projects will 

Isn't factions developed by Naughty Dog? I wouldn't count on it. 

I would rather have Housemarque make a multiplayer game. They are good at creating gameplay loops you can get into.

Naughty Dog strength is in graphics, animations, characters and dialogue. Hardly any of it goes into multiplayer games. 

• Haha 3

I would rather have Housemarque make a multiplayer game. They are good at creating gameplay loops you can get into.

Naughty Dog strength is in graphics, animations, characters and dialogue. Hardly any of it goes into multiplayer games. 

According to me Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us had amazing multiplayer. Played Uncharted 3 multiplayer for thousand plus hours and it was tons of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

You clearly haven’t spent much time on a Naughty Dog MP component 

They were the pioneers of PSN activity when it came to first party games 

Even Killzone 2 the best critically acclaimed MP game couldn’t touch the heights of Uncharted MP 

TLOU MP was also a one of a kind critically acclaimed component with a dedicated active fanbase till very recently 

On 7/19/2021 at 7:36 PM, VelivolusDas said:

The black controller I ordered on Friday was delivered today. :dance: Can't wait to get home and check it out!

Edit: Here it is...

PpecKDy.jpg

It is just sooooooooooooooooooooooo good to look at. Even while playing, you know there are some micro-moments that you simply glance at your controller, and when you look at this, :wub:

This is how it should've been right from launch. Even the console as well, obviously.

Super-glad that Amazon delivered it so soon!

Looks super dope, where did you order it from? I placed an order for one on 12th July, still waiting for Vijay Sales to ship it.

41 minutes ago, silica said:

Has anyone else received the dualsense controller in a damaged box from amazon?

Yep. The white outer brand packaging was messed up like crazy. The white inner hard cardboard box was absolutely fine.

21 minutes ago, sid56 said:

Looks super dope, where did you order it from? I placed an order for one on 12th July, still waiting for Vijay Sales to ship it.

Amazon India.

2 hours ago, AnK said:

You clearly haven’t spent much time on a Naughty Dog MP component 

They were the pioneers of PSN activity when it came to first party games 

Even Killzone 2 the best critically acclaimed MP game couldn’t touch the heights of Uncharted MP 

TLOU MP was also a one of a kind critically acclaimed component with a dedicated active fanbase till very recently 

I was quiet into Uncharted 2 and 3 back in the day. 

I felt multiplayer was simply an excuse to play more Uncharted. Map layouts and gunplay wasn't super tight. More of a casual fun. 

They even tried to put set piece into one of the maps. That period was peak naughty dog so obviously whatever they did was praised.

5 hours ago, sid56 said:

Same case with Amazon. I ordered on 12th and still waiting for it to ship. I guess only Mumbai orders are getting delivered early.

7 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

I was quiet into Uncharted 2 and 3 back in the day. 

I felt multiplayer was simply an excuse to play more Uncharted. Map layouts and gunplay wasn't super tight. More of a casual fun. 

They even tried to put set piece into one of the maps. That period was peak naughty dog so obviously whatever they did was praised.

Pretty much

UC4 mp was same 

15 hours ago, AnK said:

:rofl:

16 hours ago, KnackChap said:

A good live service game takes big investment, effort and long term support unless they want it to end up being a pos. Let's see how sony does on this front. Personally not hopeful as sony have a terrible track record of supporting MP games and their latest effort in destruction all stars seems to be middling. 

First out of the gate should be factions 2 so fingers crossed. ?

Let third party studios handle multiplayer/gaas/live service games. For example warzone runs best on the ps5 at a constant 120 fps. 

First party studios should only focus on quality single player experiences. 

16 hours ago, AnK said:

I think factions won't be a bland multi-player, rather a narrative driven one. They are taking time to develop it. Won't be surprised if it comes out as Tlou 2.5

9 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Let third party studios handle multiplayer/gaas/live service games. For example warzone runs best on the ps5 at a constant 120 fps. 

First party studios should only focus on quality single player experiences. 

No, if the studio in question has experience in MP they should be allowed to focus on that, like say Guerilla and KZ, people here talk every now and then nostalgically about how good KZ2 MP was and how much fun they had etc.

If it's a studio that is good at SP experiences they shouldn't be forced into making some MP live service meme game with apex/rage/borderlands/overwatch clone characters.

In Sony's studios there's ND who are also good at MP modes, there was Guerilla, and there was Insomniac when they used to make Resistance, but idk how good the multiplayer in that was.

Then again all these are traditional shooting MP modes, no batte royale, no characters with speshul ultimate abilities, no wall running and hook memes, and certainly now F2P with microtransactions that is all the rage today for the suits.