The Playstation 5 thread

3 minutes ago, b!T said:

That was fast!! I wonder how much it would have sold if you could find one in stores.

15 mill was their target by March 31 which we all thought was crazy talk but boy they might have pulled it off. 

26 minutes ago, iam said:

Returnal sales are a bit sad not gonna lie. Genuinely one of the best games of the last decade and so few people bought it and i assume even fewer finished it.

I urge everyone to go try this gem of a game. 

Like if you have a ps5, you need to play the game. If you don't have a ps5, just buy it and keep it on your shelf. Play it when you get ps5. 

It doesn’t help when people who’ve never played the game complain about the save system and actively discourage people from buying it. 

Honestly, all the people who’ve tried it totally loved the game. 

And those who didn’t like it, it’s mostly because of the genre and not the difficulty. 

Edited by Vamos

Just now, Vamos said:

It doesn’t help when people who’ve never played the game complain about the save system and actively discourage people from buying it. 

How long do single runs last? 

33 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Impressive for a console with just one interesting game (Returnal) and no future confirmed (pretty much).

Sony is piggybacking PS4 popularity.

Jeez man, at least be a bit discrete about it :lol:

16 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

At this rate, ps5 might surpass the Behemoth ps2 at the end of its life. Damn. 

They just need to launch genre defining IPs once in a while. I want this gen to have 1000+ titles. 

Don't jinx it, man ;)

2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

I get it.

But Sony(and MS as well I'm sure) has come a long way from basic checkerboarding, plus I did mention 'in motion' and not pause, zoomed 400% to see differences. I know I won't be doing that while playing any game. 

well, I spend a lot of time pausing and taking screenshots as memories of the game. When you go on a vacation, you take a lot of photos. Same concept. But you do you. Everyone is entitled to do everyone.

1 minute ago, hsk_colossus said:

How long do single runs last? 

60-80 mins. 

But that does not mean that you spend that much time with every run. Only on successful runs. 

The game has mini-checkpoints in every biome and a big checkpoint in the middle that provides a lot of breathing space. 

Bosses need not be defeated more than once, which is another huge relief and this doesn't even follow the traditional roguelike structure. 

Just now, Vamos said:

60-80 mins. 

But that does not mean that you spend that much time with every run. Only on successful runs. 

The game has mini-checkpoints in every biome and a big checkpoint in the middle that provides a lot of breathing space. 

Bosses need not be defeated more than once, which is another huge relief and this doesn't even follow the traditional roguelike structure. 

ya.. very difficult to play uninterrupted for 60 mins with a little kid running around ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

15 mill was their target by March 31 which we all thought was crazy talk but boy they might have pulled it off. 

I am convinced they would have reached that target by current figures. Very cool.

3 minutes ago, Vamos said:

This statement right here is why I have Dark souls 1, 2 and 3, Bloodborne, Demon Souls an all lying around because I get excited and motivated which leads to overestimating my skill and patience :lol: Recently bought Nioh 2, and I am pretty sure I will buy Returnal when the time comes :P

Spoiler

I heard Sekiro is good. :fear1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, b!T said:

I am convinced they would have reached that target by current figures. Very cool.

This statement right here is why I have Dark souls 1, 2 and 3, Bloodborne, Demon Souls an all lying around because I get excited and motivated which leads to overestimating my skill and patience :lol: Recently bought Nioh 2, and I am pretty sure I will buy Returnal when the time comes :P

Hide contents

I heard Sekiro is good. :fear1:

go for it dude… I completed demon souls, my first souls game recently…. And now I have completed sekiro too?

Just now, hsk_colossus said:

go for it dude… I completed demon souls, my first souls game recently…. And now I have completed sekiro too?

I honestly don't know man. Till last year I was convinced I can't beat soulsborne games because I don't put time into it and learn stuff. Then lockdown happened and I tried bloodborne but I don't really have the old reflexes anymore. Maybe time to let go and not waste any more money.

1 minute ago, b!T said:

I honestly don't know man. Till last year I was convinced I can't beat soulsborne games because I don't put time into it and learn stuff. Then lockdown happened and I tried bloodborne but I don't really have the old reflexes anymore. Maybe time to let go and not waste any more money.

Yup.. Ģặmể feels very difficult at first, I can get frustrating but keep persisting and it gets easier… 

try sekiro it’s better than demon souls ..

• Like 1