The Playstation 5 thread

57 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

What sort of import duty can I expect on a PS5 game disc (from Best Buy USA) and shipped via a forwarder to India? Price is USD 59.99. Has anyone imported game discs from US before?

Should cost you approx 40% of cost of product .

Haven't imported before. This figure is based on import duty and shipping collection by Amazon.com when you order a product(Game disk) from there which can be delivered to India

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Like 1

I'm having a difficult time starting with Bloodborne & HZD both of which I would like to play/finish. 30FPS seems quite a disturbing experience after 60FPS on a trot. Is expecting a 60 fps patch (soon) too much to ask for or sticking with 30FPS with the obvious discomfort will ease the things in a day or two ?

I tried switching to fidelity in R&C and it while it looked awesome the FPS drop made it feel like stuttering so very shortly had to switched back to performance RT.

6 minutes ago, Channu said:

I'm having a difficult time starting with Bloodborne & HZD both of which I would like to play/finish. 30FPS seems quite a disturbing experience after 60FPS on a trot. Is expecting a 60 fps patch (soon) too much to ask for or sticking with 30FPS with the obvious discomfort will ease the things in a day or two ?

I tried switching to fidelity in R&C and it while it looked awesome the FPS drop made it feel like stuttering so very shortly had to switched back to performance RT.

What I have come up with is to segregate all the 30fps & 60fps games apart 

I usually play 3 games at a time & I make it a point that I’m playing all the games of similar fidelity together 

30fps only with 30 & 60fps only with 60 

It keeps lot of the pressure off the eyes & brain 

If you keep switching between 30 to 60 & back & forth you’ll never be able to enjoy 30fps games in their pure fidelity form 

As for BB & Horizon 

BB remaster is rumoured but there is next to none chance that there will be any sort of upgrade & you’ll have to pay all over again,if ok with that I’d recommend to wait coz BB specifically has frame pacing issues & experience is not good at all specially on base PS4 

I myself was waiting for a Horizon patch for a long time but it never showed up & I gave up & resumed my play through 

If Spider-Man never got patched & remaster was bundled in with MilesM,

there is a good chance Horizon will get same treatment & we’ll have to buy Forbidden West to enjoy Remaster .

a**hole Sony but it is what it is 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Channu said:

true.. 30fps seems unplayable after experiencing 60fps…

1 hour ago, LordSpymaster said:

What sort of import duty can I expect on a PS5 game disc (from Best Buy USA) and shipped via a forwarder to India? Price is USD 59.99. Has anyone imported game discs from US before?

Which game ? That it isn't available here 

23 minutes ago, Channu said:

Play RETURNAL which you have been hiding from :P 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

For HZD, a 60 fps patch will most definitely come in the next few months to build hype for HFW. 

BB remaster is also in the works as per rumours. 

Yes been hearing about these for a long time but no concrete news. Need to finish off these soon 

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

What I have come up with is to segregate all the 30fps & 60fps games apart 

I usually play 3 games at a time & I make it a point that I’m playing all the games of similar fidelity together 

This seems like a sensible approach. Will get done with my 60FPS backlogs first and then will take these up ig.

2 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

true.. 30fps seems unplayable after experiencing 60fps…

Good to hear that people are on same page else I was wondering if some snobbery has got in my head :fear1:

1 minute ago, Channu said:

Yes been hearing about these for a long time but no concrete news. Need to finish off these soon 

This seems like a sensible approach. Will get done with my 60FPS backlogs first and then will take these up ig.

Good to hear that people are on same page else I was wondering if some snobbery has got in my head :fear1:

Imagine switching between 120+ fps<->30-60fps

But the quality of the game makes it worth the effort. 

46 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Even though they're talking about TVs, I guess it's safe to assume that Sony will add VRR to PS5 alongside that.