The Playstation 5 thread

2 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

He was for a week ,do you really think he won’t  come?

That ban was a while ago like over a month iirc . Did he receive another ban recently ? 

Raghu was saying unban all 3 so I said Radical isn't banned right now I think. 

1 hour ago, Krazyniks said:

That ban was a while ago like over a month iirc . Did he receive another ban recently ? 

I think KC banned him few days back.

47 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Based on comments, people seem to agree. ?

• Game consoles are becoming a lot like mobile phones in that we marvel at all the new features and gimmicks for a short time at first, but eventually revert to just using the key features.
  • As someone who complained about MS not creating a new UI when the XSX, I now respect that decision. I find the PS5 UI unintuitive and don’t even even get me started on the party chat system.
  • I actually prefer the PS4 UI and folders, come sony wheres the folders...
  • A someone who always hated the Xbox UI and loved the PS4 UI the situation has now reversed. The Series X UI while boring as all hell has finally become fast, intuitive and easy to navigate. The PS5 UI looks much sexier and ‘now’ but is consistently counter-intuitive, burdened by extraneous gubbins and plain annoying.
  • Interesting article. I suppose someone's experience of the PS (or xbox for that matter) UI depends on their expectations of it. Personally I can find my games okay, the apps I want to use and the store then I'm a happy camper. All the other doodads are superfluous to me.
  • I'm lucky enough to have box new machines, and as much as I like the visual fidelity of the PS5 UI, it really is a ballache to use. The horizontally scrolling cards are a hopeless way to view trophies, for example, and the layout and discoverability in the store is woeful.

• Obviously don't have a PS5 yet so can't really comment on that but it feels like the Xbox UI has finally met its potential as it is now fast, snappy and responsive on the S which it absolutely was not on the One. Sometimes better to just improve what you have rather than try and change it completely.

• From an overall usability point of view I think the PS5 UI is a step backwards from what the PS4 had.

• I like the PlayStation 5 UI, but I also think it still needs a lot of work. I think in many ways it's a step back from the PlayStation 4 UI, with many basic features missing. For example, it took them so long to add folders to the PS4 UI – to see the PS5 UI again launch without folders just boggles my mind.

• I think MS made the right decision after having played with both the pa5 and series consoles since launch. The PS5 has a shiny interface with some attempts at innovation, but like the author of the article says, I just dont use them. Where as I use quick resume daily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

radicaldude ban ends today

ank ban ends on 17th

hope is permanently banned...after 15 warnings/bans. 

23 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

radicaldude ban ends today

ank ban ends on 17th

hope is permanently banned...after 15 warnings/bans. 

So you can get perma ban here.

So radicaldude and ank are chasing perma or what?

I thought they were chasing some higher status by increasing their post count.

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

So you can get perma ban here.

So radicaldude and ank are chasing perma or what?

I thought they were chasing some higher status by increasing their post count.

Weren't you banned sometime ago as well? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Based on comments, people seem to agree. ?

• Game consoles are becoming a lot like mobile phones in that we marvel at all the new features and gimmicks for a short time at first, but eventually revert to just using the key features.
  • As someone who complained about MS not creating a new UI when the XSX, I now respect that decision. I find the PS5 UI unintuitive and don’t even even get me started on the party chat system.
  • I actually prefer the PS4 UI and folders, come sony wheres the folders...
  • A someone who always hated the Xbox UI and loved the PS4 UI the situation has now reversed. The Series X UI while boring as all hell has finally become fast, intuitive and easy to navigate. The PS5 UI looks much sexier and ‘now’ but is consistently counter-intuitive, burdened by extraneous gubbins and plain annoying.
  • Interesting article. I suppose someone's experience of the PS (or xbox for that matter) UI depends on their expectations of it. Personally I can find my games okay, the apps I want to use and the store then I'm a happy camper. All the other doodads are superfluous to me.
  • I'm lucky enough to have box new machines, and as much as I like the visual fidelity of the PS5 UI, it really is a ballache to use. The horizontally scrolling cards are a hopeless way to view trophies, for example, and the layout and discoverability in the store is woeful.

• Obviously don't have a PS5 yet so can't really comment on that but it feels like the Xbox UI has finally met its potential as it is now fast, snappy and responsive on the S which it absolutely was not on the One. Sometimes better to just improve what you have rather than try and change it completely.

• From an overall usability point of view I think the PS5 UI is a step backwards from what the PS4 had.

• I like the PlayStation 5 UI, but I also think it still needs a lot of work. I think in many ways it's a step back from the PlayStation 4 UI, with many basic features missing. For example, it took them so long to add folders to the PS4 UI – to see the PS5 UI again launch without folders just boggles my mind.

• I think MS made the right decision after having played with both the pa5 and series consoles since launch. The PS5 has a shiny interface with some attempts at innovation, but like the author of the article says, I just dont use them. Where as I use quick resume daily.

I agree with you. Shutting down my PS5 is a pain and the fact that there is no easy way to organize games is still a bummer.

XSX with the quick resume menu is just a lot more intuitive. Plus I can group my games based on whether it is for X1, X360 and so on.

8 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I agree with you. Shutting down my PS5 is a pain and the fact that there is no easy way to organize games is still a bummer.

XSX with the quick resume menu is just a lot more intuitive. Plus I can group my games based on whether it is for X1, X360 and so on.

iirc PS4 UI was also bare bones at launch.

3 years later they had most of the "features" people wanted.

Early Adopter problems i guess 

5 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Shutting down my PS5 is a pain

I press PS button, press left/right a few times to go to power icon, press shut down - less than 10 seconds usually

meanwhile, XSX full shutdown from settings is much longer and more button presses at least 10-25 seconds  

but rest mode/instant on shutdown for both nearly take the same time

2 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I press PS button, press left/right a few times to go to power icon, press shut down - less than 10 seconds usually

meanwhile, XSX full shutdown from settings is much longer and more button presses at least 10-25 seconds  

but rest mode/instant on shutdown for both nearly take the same time

I don't think you understood correctly.

Even if you do full shutdown, it's just press & hold the power button and click turn off a split second later. After that I directly turn the TV off and I don't care how long XSX takes to actually shutdown.

But those extra few button presses to reach the power icon and then just power off on Ps5 quickly adds up.

I mentioned the same during the first week I got Ps5 and it's still a nuisance.

Same goes for reaching the settings icon but atleast you have a shortcut for that.

7 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Change the power mode from instant-on to energy saving. 

This way, everytime you turn off directly, it fully shuts down the Xbox. 

Quick resume still works anyway. 

• Thanks 1