The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

https://www.polygon.com/2021/8/19/22629431/sony-playstation-vr-studio-csar-combat-search-rescue-canceled

Another PlayStation studio closure.

Damn. So sad to see them loosing the arms race.

I can see why it was shut down, was a badly managed studio

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

saying pc won’t be able to run ps5 games is just delusional

it would be delusional if I had no backing. And I have solid backing 

Also, when I say pc, I mean “average” gaming pc

meanwhile, you are thinking about rtx 3090 builds which less than 1%, or something, pc gamers would have. Rest would have average builds and PS5 is significantly more powerful than average gaming PCs

also, there’s no match for PS5 SSD + I/O complex combo and the game design capabilities that it provides developers 

3090 pc build has brute force for fps and resolution but it likely doesn’t have the data streaming capabilities of PS5 architecture (at least not unless you spend 1000s of $) - that’s the secret magic ingredient for other-worldly PS5 exclusives 

it all adds up

Edited by 0verlord

1 minute ago, 0verlord said:

it would be delusional if I had no backing 

Also, when I say pc, I mean “average” gaming pc

meanwhile, you are thinking about rtx 3090 builds which less than 1%, or something, pc gamers would have. Rest would have average builds and PS5 is significantly more powerful than average gaming PCs

also, there’s no match for PS5 SSD + I/O complex combo and the game design capabilities that it provides developers 

3090 pc build has brute force for fps and resolution but it likely doesn’t have the data streaming capabilities of PS5 - that’s the secret magic ingredient for other-worldly PS5 exclusives 

it all adds up

Nothing adds up..

ps5 equates to 2060 level raytracing performance..I am not talking about 3090 etc… 

I/O is the new buzzword and it’s not the only thing that matters.. what do you think I/O is going to be used for in the future.. we haven’t seen anything yet..

44 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Why are you arguing on a guy who is being an >ironic or >sarcastic "PS Fanboy" by acting like he's Hope or some sh*t?

He's not being sarcastic. He really believes that. :mellow:

Edited by TRMNTR

48 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Why are you arguing on a guy who is being an >ironic or >sarcastic "PS Fanboy" by acting like he's Hope or some sh*t?

rubbish

don’t speak about me again. I have spent hours reading about this matter and watched “The Road to PS5” architecture video many times 

what do you know? I’ve not heard any technical argument from you countering what I am saying 

24 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

ps5 equates to 2060 level raytracing performance..I am not talking about 3090 etc… 

I/O is the new buzzword and it’s not the only thing that matters.. what do you think I/O is going to be used for in the future.. we haven’t seen anything yet..

1) gpu and TFs don’t matter. PS5 already gives enough resolution and fps

2) here’s what makes the difference -

The data streaming capabilities will make the game worlds ultra detailed. Details need data and data streaming 

Today, average PC has hdd and ratchet and clank rift apart can’t run on those PCs becoz super fast data streaming on PS5

and that data streaming pipeline not yet fully utilised!!! We are only at the beginning. Imagine the data that will be streamed when peak PS5 exclusives come out and how detailed the world will be

that’s the difference 

pcie 3 is saturated at 3.5gbps and pcie 4 at 7gbps - that’s pc for you 

meanwhile on ps5, the data streaming output capacity is upto 22gbps!!! with proper kraken data. Imagine the worlds and the details that can be designed on this hardware 

which pc SSD can give 22gbps of data throughput capability? Impossible at average PC level

Edited by 0verlord

25 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

1) gpu and TFs don’t matter. PS5 already gives enough resolution and fps

2) here’s what makes the difference -

The data streaming capabilities will make the game worlds ultra detailed. Details need data and data streaming 

ultra detailed worlds don’t need CPU & GPU & RAM?? Only need DATA :ko::good:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hsk_colossus said:

The I/O complex can handle things that are very complex, and when the Kraken gets released nothing can overlord sorry overload it.

Ps: Sorry I really need to sleep, been awake for a good 22 hrs straight.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I can see why it was shut down, was a badly managed studio

Not a loss tbh. 

1. It was a vr only studio. Would've pissed off a lot of guys if Liverpool & evo died for this. 

2. The game they were making sounded terrible. Playstation 1 concept title like g police

3. First time Im hearing that the studio closed because there was NO pressure from the higher ups and they were allowed to do what they want. 

24 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

PS5 has powerful CPU, GPU and RAM combo. It’s sufficient.

Meanwhile, others don’t have data streaming capabilities (which ps5 has) which is necessary for ultra detailed worlds - that’s the key ingredient 

Edited by 0verlord

There’s a dedicated data decompressor in the PS5 I/O complex which is designed keeping in mind Kraken compression data

with proper Kraken format compressed data, the 5.5gbps PS5 SSD transforms into a 22gbps

this is assets and textures data - details in the world 

which can be streamed on-the-fly when you are moving the character 

because the architecture supports massive on-the-fly data streaming, world design capability for a developer with PS5 will surpass any other platform 

Edited by 0verlord

Tokyo reminds me . . whatever the hell happened to Ghostwire: Tokyo?!

That and Deathloop were announced together iirc, we've had steady stream of info for Deathloop but nothing for Ghostwire: Tokyo :/

Edited by gecko89