The Playstation 5 thread

6 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Tokyo reminds me . . whatever the hell happened to Ghostwire: Tokyo?!

That and Deathloop were announced together iirc, we've had steady stream of info for Deathloop but nothing for Ghostwire: Tokyo :/

It is delayed to 2022. Neither games are appealing IMO. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Kojima could do wonders in the Cyberpunk genre. 

He already made a blade runner inspired title long back. Maybe you can still ay it on the pc via emulation. It's really good. 

Then there's also policenauts another futuristic SciFi title by him 

8 hours ago, playstationdude said:

But as per khufiya sources, he is working on Abandoned.

8 hours ago, TRMNTR said:

Tokyo is already very chaotic. Tokyo at night is more Cyberpunk than Cyberpunk.

Kojima is Abandoned 

till this date 

Was Abandoned while working on Silent Hills 

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

There's barely any gameplay in Kojima's games anyway. They are just long interactive movies more or less.:bigyellowgrin:

Lol 

The gameplay is revolutionary 

You can just run from point A to B & start the next cutscene 

Or be creative with the gazillions of toys he puts at your disposal 

you can spend hours being creative just like the toys in real world or just choose to move on 

But it’s not for everyone & some prefer hand holding progression in games 

so yeah does have it’s disadvantages 

MGS V was epitome of his ideas 

it made even the slightest of tasks feel better than most game’s set pieces:- 

Edited by AnK

35 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

There's barely any gameplay in Kojima's games anyway. They are just long interactive movies more or less.:bigyellowgrin:

Im Watching You Robert De Niro GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

In Hulst's eyes, what makes a good, interesting game is in line with what PlayStation excels at. "I say this as the head of PlayStation Studios, and that's kind of the games we're known for – a very meticulously crafted, beautifully directed story that takes place in a world that is really inviting to spend time in," he says. "That's some of the most joy I've had in games. That definitely speaks to that single-player, narrative-driven, character-based experience that I've worked on a lot myself, that I now work on with a lot of the great studios at PlayStation Studios." 

Hermen on Japanese games:  "We are investing in our external development group out of Tokyo as well, and that's a team that has obviously worked with the likes of From Software and Kojima Productions. So we are very invested in Japanese development and Japanese development is something that we love ... I think it's such a core part of the PlayStation identity that I can't ever see us shy away from Japanese or even Asian development.

16 minutes ago, Snake said:

In Hulst's eyes, what makes a good, interesting game is in line with what PlayStation excels at. "I say this as the head of PlayStation Studios, and that's kind of the games we're known for – a very meticulously crafted, beautifully directed story that takes place in a world that is really inviting to spend time in," he says. "That's some of the most joy I've had in games. That definitely speaks to that single-player, narrative-driven, character-based experience that I've worked on a lot myself, that I now work on with a lot of the great studios at PlayStation Studios." 

Hermen on Japanese games:  "We are investing in our external development group out of Tokyo as well, and that's a team that has obviously worked with the likes of From Software and Kojima Productions. So we are very invested in Japanese development and Japanese development is something that we love ... I think it's such a core part of the PlayStation identity that I can't ever see us shy away from Japanese or even Asian development.

More hints about xdev japan