The Playstation 5 thread

On 8/21/2021 at 10:05 AM, radicaldude said:

6 hours ago, radicaldude said:

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

The post on previous page was about a different theme. 

This is different. 

I mean, barely a few keywords are matching. Not sure what others are complaining about.

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2021 at 1:18 PM, radicaldude said:

I just don't hope they release free upgrade for Fallout 4 next & next thing we know is PSplus ownership is not entitled for free upgrade 

Coz it's next in line for me 

Sony has been acting like real sons of bitches & there are no two ways about it 

I mean what would go if they offer free upgrades for PSplus/PSnow files  

This actually the worse side of them since I don't know when 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, AnK said:

I just don't hope they release free upgrade for Fallout 4 next & next thing we know is PSplus ownership is not entitled for free upgrade 

Coz it's next in line for me 

Sony has been acting like real sons of bitches & there are no two ways about it 

I mean what would go if they offer free upgrades for PSplus/PSnow files  

This actually the worse side of them since I don't know when 

I don't think they would give any free update(s) in the near future. (looking at the recent Skyrim Anniversary announcement) 

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I don't think they would give any free update(s) in the near future. (looking at the recent Skyrim Anniversary announcement) 

What was in that announcement that made you feel that way 

They have upgraded ESO & now Skyrim 

Fallout 76 also maybe as it’s a Live service game (not sure) 

It only makes sense to upgrade FO4 too 

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

What was in that announcement that made you feel that way 

They have upgraded ESO & now Skyrim 

Fallout 76 also maybe as it’s a Live service game (not sure) 

It only makes sense to upgrade FO4 too 

It's confusing, but it seems like you need to be an owner of the Special Edition for the free next gen update. 

"The Anniversary Edition of the game won’t be offered to current Special Editions owners for free. Instead, a different, next-gen enhanced version of the game will be given to current and future Special Edition owners for free. Meanwhile, folks will be able to pay to upgrade their Special Editions to Anniversary Edition for a price that hasn’t been revealed yet. Is this confusing and weird? Yup!"

https://kotaku.com/its-2021-and-bethesda-has-announced-another-skyrim-port-1847521204

Lol so Anniversary Goodies are a paid upgrade & the last gen version is getting a soft upgrade for free ?!? 

It’s surprisingly absent from discussions & one would expect that it’s a free upgrade all together since internet is only bothered about Sony games 

But anyway even the soft upgrade is free for GP users 

But Sony just baffles with its moves of not giving upgrades to their subscribers 

Just now, AnK said:

Lol so Anniversary Goodies are a paid upgrade & the last gen version is getting a soft upgrade for free ?!? 

It’s surprisingly absent from discussions & one would expect that it’s a free upgrade all together since internet is only bothered about Sony games 

But anyway even the soft upgrade is free for GP users 

But Sony just baffles with its moves of not giving upgrades to their subscribers 

What about those who don't own the special edition? Upgrade would be paid?

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

What about those who don't own the special edition? Upgrade would be paid?

Can’t say about PC but SE was the only version available on PS4/XBone for which this upgrade is being offered 

Base PS360 version were never given free upgrades back then so obviously they are not part of any of this now 

"Finally, we have some exciting announcements for the game itself. Current and future owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition on any platform including Xbox Game Pass Subscribers will receive access to three free pieces of Creation Club content: Fishing, Survival Mode and even new quests with Saints and Seducers. Additionally, Skyrim Special Edition owners on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S, as well as Xbox Game Pass subscribers on Xbox Series X|S will receive a free upgrade to an enhanced version on November 11 for their respective PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S systems!

We’re also excited to announce the most definitive version of Skyrim to date: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition. The Anniversary Edition includes Skyrim Special Edition and 74 creations, all 48 currently available and 26 to be released. These showcase over 500+ individual elements such as quests, items, armor, houses, etc.

Existing owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition and Xbox Game Pass subscribers will also receive the option to purchase an Anniversary Edition upgrade for their Special Edition version of the game to gain access to all the additional content found in the Anniversary Edition."

https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en/article/REybYU3Gy2InVlHmus4UC/skyrim-10th-anniversary-fan-celebration

As @AnK mentioned, no mention of PC/PS3/xbox 360 gamers in the post. 

My take on this ?

Atleast x360 owners of Skyrim (now with xss/xsx, non GP subs) should be given the free next gen update as well due to xsx being fully BC. 

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

My take on this ?

Atleast x360 owners of Skyrim (now with xss/xsx, non GP subs) should be given the free next gen update as well due to xsx being fully BC. 

That’s kinda pointless to expect 

as they weren’t given upgrade to XBone version to begin with 

Why expect them to get SX/S version straight away 

What’s gone is gone 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

That’s kinda pointless to expect 

as they weren’t given upgrade to XBone version to begin with 

Why expect them to get SX/S version straight away 

What’s gone is gone 

Wonder how people reacted back then. Were they as vociferous then, as they are now (for a recent AAA sony release) 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Wonder how people reacted back then. Were they as vociferous then, as they are now (for a recent AAA sony release) 

Back then no game was given a free upgrade on consoles 

as architectures were totally different,specially in Sony’s case 

22 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

As @AnK mentioned, no mention of PC/PS3/xbox 360 gamers in the post. 

My take on this ?

Wait a minute

So you expect free upgrades of a game from 2 generation ago and but happy to pay for upgrades for a game that released last year. 

Bye GIF by Tony Awards

• Haha 4