The Playstation 5 thread

2 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Wait a minute

So you expect free upgrades of a game from 2 generation ago and but happy to pay for upgrades for a game that released last year. 

Bye GIF by Tony Awards

Skyrim has been milked so many times that it has given me lactose intolerance. 

Ps- Sony has already given a free upgrade patch for GoT which runs via BC( have said this n number of times). 

The paid update comes with a lot more (new story, new ps5 only features, better optimisation etc) 

Basically Bethesda is giving out the upgraded version for XSX/XSS, PS5 (and probably PC) for free. This is likely optimized native ports for these platforms. Also bundling in 3 specific pieces of content from the creation club for free.

Seems like there are over 100 total pieces of content and you have to pay the upgrade fee only if you want the extra content.

How is this similar to what Sony did with GoT where they locked resolution bump and haptics behind a 10$ paywall? If there are features exclusive to XSX/XSS and PS5 behind a paywall (like haptics or improved frame rate/resolution) then the argument is comparable.

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Basically Bethesda is giving out the upgraded version for XSX/XSS, PS5 (and probably PC) for free. This is likely optimized native ports for these platforms. Also bundling in 3 specific pieces of content from the creation club for free.

Seems like there are over 100 total pieces of content and you have to pay the upgrade fee only if you want the extra content.

How is this similar to what Sony did with GoT where they locked resolution bump and haptics behind a 10$ paywall? If there are features exclusive to XSX/XSS and PS5 behind a paywall (like haptics or improved frame rate/resolution) then the argument is comparable.

Who said the argument needs to be comparable? It just needs to be an argument. :P

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

not having any heating issues due to air flow 

but be careful because whenever I touch the outside, PS5 doesn’t get as hot as XSX which means that heat from inside the ps5 doesn’t reach the body surface but may be trapped inside only 

3 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

but be careful because whenever I touch the outside, PS5 doesn’t get as hot as XSX which means that heat from inside the ps5 doesn’t reach the body surface but may be trapped inside only 

There is space at the bottom for the hot air to come out that's why it doesn't feel hot .. I keep PS5 inside glass doors and open the doors when using, but I have also seen it gets as heated up as oven and also makes noise like PS4 Pro if I close the doors :fear1: 

16 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

There is space at the bottom for the hot air to come out that's why it doesn't feel hot .. I keep PS5 inside glass doors and open the doors when using, but I have also seen it gets as heated up as oven and also makes noise like PS4 Pro if I close the doors :fear1: 

I'm trying to think of a way to setup the consoles for when my house is ready. I contemplated this solution - putting it in inside a shutter unit and keeping the shutters when I play, but I don't think its ideal - especially since the form factors can change from gen to gen and I want a very minimal entertainment unit.