The Playstation 5 thread

40 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

A pc launch 

Nobody will care on PC, game's too old.

42 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Resistance 3 was released exactly 10years, maybe a remaster or a reboot in the cards. 

Or better yet, continuation of the story?

Yes, Hope there's a reboot, the setting is very good, and insomniac is very good at making fun guns.

Then again the only thing they are probably working now is Spodeyman 2 : Electric Boogaloo.

Like how because of GoT we won't see any more infamous games.

24 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Yes, Hope there's a reboot, the setting is very good, and insomniac is very good at making fun guns.

Then again the only thing they are probably working now is Spodeyman 2 : Electric Boogaloo.

Yeah. I hope they don't turn into one of those studios that make one game and keep churning its sequels for more than a decade :/ 

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Nobody will care on PC, game's too old.

3 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Yeah. I hope they don't turn into one of those studios that make one game and keep churning its sequels for more than a decade :/ 

I seriously doubt that will ever be the case. There is a chance there will be no more Infamous/Resistance games (Those IPs did not prove to be a major hit + Another Superhero game by Spiderman Creators is redundant). But both studios will try their hand at new IPs as well. Franchise fatigue is a thing, and people will not welcome GoT 2,3,4 etc. so soon (Only Yakuza fans can accept that). The studio will have some new IPs so that they can rotate between IPs. Much like how ND made The Last of Us 1 while Uncharted was still a major hit, SE West and Ubi cycles between it's annual IPs etc.

6 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

"Ragnarok Gameplay"

Such optimism

I would be happy if we even get a trailer.

whenever we do get it it will be a gameplay reveal straight up just like the last god of war...

41 minutes ago, roun90 said:

I seriously doubt that will ever be the case. There is a chance there will be no more Infamous/Resistance games (Those IPs did not prove to be a major hit + Another Superhero game by Spiderman Creators is redundant). But both studios will try their hand at new IPs as well. Franchise fatigue is a thing, and people will not welcome GoT 2,3,4 etc. so soon (Only Yakuza fans can accept that). The studio will have some new IPs so that they can rotate between IPs. Much like how ND made The Last of Us 1 while Uncharted was still a major hit, SE West and Ubi cycles between it's annual IPs etc.

Damn. Wanted another resistance title. 

I think they might reboot the series with better haptics and other ps5 only features. 

3 hours ago, sobbii said:

whenever we do get it it will be a gameplay reveal straight up just like the last god of war...

Doubt it. Even horizon 1 reveal was gameplay but horizon 2 was a trailer v with gameplay later. Honestly I would like that approach, it means we'll get a state of play with gameplay later. 

Sony has skipped all the main shows - E3, Gamescom and (Most Probably) TGS as well. They are also not doing regular SoPs unlike Nintendo. They are also riding high on the price train controversy. For their sake, tomorrow's show had better be bonkers to make up for all of that. If it's another show with indies, Deathloop, KENA, PS All Stars and some 2 min Horizon and GoW to end it - a lot of people, including me are going to be pissed.

My personal wish list is - 

1) Persona 6 - end 2022 release

2) Final Fantasy 16 - Mid 2022 Release

3) God Of War - Mid 2022 Release (4 months after Horizon)

4) New IP Announcement Reveal from Naughty Dog (Tentative 2023 Release)

5) New IP Announcement from Insomniac (Tentative 2023 Release)

Don't expect anything from Sucker Punch as of now.

Make these 5 happen, and I'll be over the moon lol.

Just now, roun90 said:

Sony has skipped all the main shows - E3, Gamescom and (Most Probably) TGS as well. They are also not doing regular SoPs unlike Nintendo. They are also riding high on the price train controversy. For their sake, tomorrow's show had better be bonkers to make up for all of that. If it's another show with indies, Deathloop, KENA, PS All Stars and some 2 min Horizon and GoW to end it - a lot of people, including me are going to be pissed.

My personal wish list is - 

1) Persona 6 - end 2022 release

2) Final Fantasy 16 - Mid 2022 Release

3) God Of War - Mid 2022 Release (4 months after Horizon)

Don't expect anything from Sucker Punch as of now.

Make these 5 happen, and I'll be over the moon lol.

What about silent hill/ mgs?

My Wishlist :- 

MGS Remake 

Silent Hills PT

God Of War ~Ragnarok  

More Horizon FW gameplay 

GT7 using next gen physics Engine (PS5) 

BioShock Next Gen 

Forespoken & FF16 Gameplay 

Would have really liked Factions 2 reveal if I was still into MP but not anymore 

5 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Not gonna happen.... only thing which can come out of naughty dog is the fraction mp/battleroyale.

Insomniac wont be showing anything although their old gen games might get a remake/remaster

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

What about silent hill/ mgs?

I highly doubt this will ever happen. There is more of a chance to see a new horror IP than Silent Hill (Forget about MGS). If it's Kojima, I would expect another game with Hollywood Actors along the vein of Death Stranding 2 or something. SH and MGS are Konami IPs and they are not dead. They are very much active in the gambling scene.

A lot of people are spreading rumors, but when the issue arose that Kojima was essentially put in house arrest by Konami and kicked out at the first possible opportunity - no way are they giving their premier IPs to him to make games (I doubt he would accept it anyway - Japanese honor and all that).

Even if it’s not titled Silent Hills 

the spiritual game that was PT could be brought to light without Konami involved & with Sony & Kojima’s partnership 

Also MGS Remake doesn’t need Kojima as it’s a Partnership between Sony & Konami with newly acquired Bluepoint taking their remake skills a notch further 

It only makes sense 

So Konami & Kojima crossing paths isn’t really a necessity for this dream to come true 

• Like 1