The Playstation 5 thread

Not wanting to start any arguments but was it just me or was Sony taking a dig at Xbox with that chess intro ? The white king dethroning the Black king ? Maybe I am analysing too much just sharing an observation nothing more.

Anyway, super hyped for Wolverine because that is one character that has been ignored in videogames and the gameplay should be awesome since he doesn't have many powers. So it'll be more of brute force and fist action. Rest was all predictable. None the less - hyped for the next three years.

Liked the showcase. Almost everything announced is 6+ months away though. Thats a bummer.

Excited for KOTOR remake, Wolverine and Spidey 2. And GoW (goes without saying).

Does Uncharted really need a remake for PS5 ? Wonder if we will get the 10$ upgrade though. Simple 60fps patch would have sufficed, but based on the trailer, the lightning does look much better.

Edited by l33tmaniac

28 minutes ago, AnK said:

Only thing disappointing about the show was still no clue what Abandoned is 

I don't think it has anything to do with Kojima. If it does then I have no clue why he opted to be associated with a no name studio with sketchy past.

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Liked the showcase. Almost everything announced is 6+ months away though. Thats a bummer.

Everything new showcased on big events is almost always 6months-1+ Year away 

1 hour ago, b!T said:

I don't think it has anything to do with Kojima. If it does then I have no clue why he opted to be associated with a no name studio with sketchy past.

Bigger question is if it’s not Kojima then why would Sony associate themselves with the company description you said 

21 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

I am the only person who felt GoW looked exactly like 2018 not a bad thing but PS5 version should have more oomph. GT7 on the other looked like true PS5 showcase material.  

Watch 4K version 

it looks good….it’s just that the difference isn’t as big as Horizon ZD to FW 

They should have either showcased it running at 60fps or should have added stuff like real-time RT lighting or reflection 

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Does Uncharted really need a remake for PS5 ? Wonder if we will get the 10$ upgrade though. Simple 60fps patch would have sufficed, but based on the trailer, the lightning does look much better.

I played both games recently & there is hardly any difference apart from the obvious framerate & resolution bump 

It could have easily been possible to patch it for 60fps on PS5 in BC mode 

This is just totally useless milking 

Also it’s sad that PC only gamers still won’t be able to experience the original trilogy which again would have been quite easy as it was already ported to PS4 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Bigger question is if it’s not Kojima then why would Sony associate themselves with the company description you said 

I would rather believe Sony made a mistake than Kojima make one :P

https://www.theverge.com/2021/9/9/22663238/sony-playstation-showcase-2021-ps5-trailers-spider-man-god-of-war

If anyone else had a good night's sleep yesterday this article has the lowdown.

• Spodeyman 2, with Venom as one of the bad guys
  • Wolverine game by Insomniac
  • Dad of Boi : Ragnarok
  • GT7
  • GTA5 "Gimme Yo Money again" PS5 version
  • Uncharted 4 + LL "Gimme Yo Money 4 60 fps " PS5 version and "May I please have a crumb of exclusive" PC port coming later
  • Star Wars KOTOR remake, the OG was made by Bioware iirc.